Issue with times for Purge events and PvP window on official PVE-C Server 3828

Game mode: [Online |]
Problem: [ Bug | Misc]
Region: [US Central Time Zone]

There is something not right with the timing for the Purge and PvP windows.
I am in the Central Time Zone in the U.S.
Last night at 22:15 local time, I was notified about an incoming Purge.
This Purge lasted until 23:15.
I logged out at 23:40.
When I logged in this morning, I had been killed in my sleep.
I checked the log, and it stated that I was killed at 00:06.

My understanding was that the windows for PvP on an Official Server was 17:00 to 23:00 local time, and that the Purge window is 18:00 to 22:00.

As both of the incidents mentioned above happened outside of those windows, something seems off.

I did notice that the daily Server reboot is around 07:15 currently. Previously it had been around 08:15.

I am wondering if the change from Daylight time to Standard time was not taken into account regarding the Server posted times for Purge and PvP events.

Any information about this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Hello @Rollotomozi, to clarify on this occurrence the mentioned server belongs to a cluster located in LA and, as such, the PvP and Purge time windows reflect the server’s current timezone.

@Hugo thanks for the reply.

If you could help me make sure I understand things clearly by providing a bit more information, it would be appreciated.

I am a bit confused at this point. I have been using the timestamp of the Event Log messages to determine the Server time. The timestamp seems to reflect my current time zone in the log; i.e. an event logged at 23:00 would be at 11 PM local time, currently Central Standard Time.
However, in LA, Pacific Standard Time, it would be 9 PM.
The Server information lists PvP time as 17:00 to 23:00, and Purge Times as 18:00 to 22:00.

If indeed the PvP and Purge times are 17:00-23:00 and 18:00-22:00 Local Server Time, that would mean that for me, in the Central Time Zone, the times would bee 19:00-01:00, and 20:00-00:00 local time.

Is this correct?

The confusion for me comes from the fact that I believed the Server time listed for me was in-line with the times listed by the Server, and it seems that may not in fact be the case.
This is kind of a big deal, as I have been planning my actions inaccurately based on my understanding of the information available.

Is there somewhere that I can get the timezone information for the Server I am on?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can provide.

That would be correct!

We do understand your confusion and apologize for not providing means of determining the official servers’ timezone through the game client. We’ll register this concern together with your feedback so that the developers may consider adding means to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.