Items disappearing to the void from inventory

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Oceanic
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

I wish I could say that this was an isolated incident, but ever since the latest update and bug fixes, I’ve since had to remake several items, and the latest to disappear from my inventory was Bindings of the Dead. Every other time is was always my truncheon. This time I had the truncheon in my belt to prevent it from disappearing, and minutes after making the truncheon, the bindings that were in the next slot in my inventory, disappeared, nowhere to be found.
And before anyone says anything, no they weren’t misplaced, I literally went to 1 chest, the Torturers table and the Tinkerers Bench. In none of those places.
Again noting that this is on an Official Oceanic PVE server with no mods.
→ This has also been posted on the General Discussions as a thread, with a number of people weighing in with similar or the same experiences on other platforms also. #172869

Expected Behaviour:

I expected the items to remain in my inventory, and no matter while shuffling around the items to see if they would reappear or interacting with the same benches or stations that I had used, they did not reappear. They were lost to the void. This is not something that happened just upon logging in, while stationary for only a matter of minutes within the base, and not AFK at all, it disappeared between closing my inventory and reopening it. At present it is limited to the first two slots in my inventory, but I believe it would be more pertinent to think that this bug attacks the first item at the top of the inventory regardless of the slot position.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

→ This is not a bug I have steps to reproduce with, nor do I want to reproduce ending up with the loss of items. Suffice to say:
Step 1 - Noticed the Steel Truncheon with Advanced Blunted Weapon Improvement fitted disappeared.
Step 2 - Went to Fuel-Efficient Furnace to obtain steel, then to chest containing branches and then to chest containing leather, then to the torturers bench operated by a Journeyman Taskmaster, crafted a new steel truncheon.
Step 3 - Went to Fuel-Efficient Furnace to obtains Hardened Steel and then to Tinkerers Bench to craft Advanced Blunted Weapon Improvement and fitted it to the steel truncheon.
Step 4 - Entered the world for several hours, while using said truncheon in the meantime to obtain thralls. Minutes after returning to base, west of the Black Temple and Bridge of the Betrayer, and after returning the steel truncheon from my belt to the first slot in my inventory, it disappeared.
Step 5 - Repeated above process of manufacturing steel truncheon and improvement fitting, broke more thralls, and returned truncheon to the first slot in my inventory thinking the first disappearance was an anomaly. It was not to be. It too disappeared minutes after returning to base.
Step 6 - Repeated the crafting process outlined above, but instead of placing it in the first slot, I put it in my belt immediately to avoid loss thinking it was limited to that one slot. Alas it was not. My Bindings of the Dead in the second slot was the next casualty. The truncheon, however, is still present in my belt. I am yet to log on again to see if anything else has disappeared, specifically from the third slot in my inventory which is a Star Metal Sickle.

→ It is also important to note that I have noticed that the values of tier 3 materials: Hardened Brick, Steel Reinforcement and Shaped Wood also seems to fluctuate by a value of 1-2 when in my inventory. e.g. I will have selected a specifically calculated amount of resources for a given project, for a specific number of tier 3 building pieces, and yet, I am short by one or two. However, this is a case of them being invisible and then returning to the light because when I then obtain more materials from my stations, they reappear. This, however, has not been the case for my items. They have not returned at all.

3 Likes

Hey @Zor89

Thanks for the very detailed report. We may have a suspicion on what’s causing this.
We’ve sent note to our team so they can look into it further and determine what’s going on exactly.

2 Likes

Thanks very much, I very much appreciate the effort.
An additional note that I discovered is that it shows up in the event log as a loot bag that has decayed, however there is never any lootbag on the ground, and the most recent occasion is literally just now where I have been simply crafting building pieces and it just disappeared in between opening and closing my inventory.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.