It's Baaacckkk: Death to Weather in Your Base Bug is BACCkkkkkk

Official PVP Server
Hot/Cold Death Bug
PVP
US

It seems the hot/ cold die logged off bug is back

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Logged off in the same spot, in roughly the same 2X resist per piece armor that I have since the summer.

2. Log in to find all your stuff gone while you were unconscious in your secret/ hidden base that’s encountered no damage of any sort.

3. Have all your bags decay so that all the legendary items on your character have now been lost.

4. Post on the bug forums as a way not to rage quit over a bug that hasn’t been seen since release…

I stopped experimenting with logging out of super hot/cold places for this reason. I don’t think its a bug per se.

The daily server restarts are what triggered my deaths. Server would boot up and for some dumb reason the insulated w/e I had would not kick in until it was to late. so I would always freeze to death or if it was hot vice versa

some people never learn, no matter how many times you tell them not to risk it …

I don’t get why people keep saying this. I only discovered this behavior when I moved from 1821 to 1823, and that was months after the release.

I don’t think it’s a bug to die to temperature effects while offline. What should be a bug – but I don’t know if Funcom considers it a bug or not – is the fact that the temperature resistances provided by your armor are not applied while you’re offline. That doesn’t make any sense at all.

Hey there,

We’re aware of some inconsistencies with offline bodies and our team will look into it.
Should you happen to have any more concrete information don’t hesitate to send it our way.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Understood, and largely concur.

I’m reporting it here as it hasn’t happened, on this server, for a long time. It could therefore represent a memory leak or other programming issue that’s destabilizing the software…or simply the server resets, aren’t resetting…properly.

Just something to consider and look into for the sake of the program.

edit: now that i’m calm(er)…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.