Journey: obtain black ice weapon, maintain normal temperature extreme cold

I’m doing the Journey steps obtain a black ice weapon, and maintain normal temperatures in extreme cold. Having some challenges though.

I thought the black ice weapon would be easy. Craft one in the frost giant smithy, put in inventory, and equip, but that didn’t complete the journey step. Is this a bug?

Similar problem with extreme cold. I’ve run across bridge of betrayer to when I get frostbite, then I eat food and equip armor to get back to “cold” temperatures and it doesn’t work. I even went into frost giant base with godbreaker armor, let them smack me with the cold debuff but same thing. No journey complete. I remember this working in the past. Is there a better way to get this journey?

1 Like

Do this again, but make sure you have “spiced” food on you. After you hit “extremely cold” and take as least one point of damage, then eat a piece of spiced food, this will trigger the journey step for you.

As far as the Black Ice Weapon, it may be bugged. Which weapon did you craft? Someone told me once that you must craft the sword. If it is bugged, it may be from a time when the sword was the only Black Ice Weapon. :man_shrugging:

Best of Luck!

5 Likes

I crafted a pick yesterday, because I looted it from a giant :smile_cat: .
I will bring a sword today :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Yeah, I suspect the journey step will only accept swords, because when the journey step was made there weren’t other black ice weapons. So there was no need to specify “sword” in the journey step description.

2 Likes

The normal temperature is I think neither cold or hot, it is the “soothing”. Grab a mulled brew and a solspeil, and then go into the frozen north I think.

1 Like

The temperature achievement became a little more challenging with the stat shuffle.

As noted above, this one also doubts the journey step has been updated since the expansion of the black ice arsenal. This one does not recall if there were both black ice broad and long swords back in days gone by, but one of them should do the trick.

1 Like

Will go today!, and with two Thralls :smiley: .
When I crafted the pick I arrived by clicking the map by mistake, and I just joined a couple of players who were killing giants.

1 Like

Alrighty then!
@Ragnaguard , I just went to kill giants, and this is the result of a single trip from entrance and then turning left to the forge:

The archer made it to level 15 in no time!
Just stack some spice food (you will get plenty from giants anyway) and hunt down some giants!
By the way, I am killing those giants way easier after 3.0 perks. I am way stronger now, and with two Thralls things feel to be working just dandy :smiley_cat: .
Oh, yep, @kylenamen , I completed the Journey:

And I can not leave without shouting a big “thanks” to Funcom team for so many improvements on our day-to-day hunting through these lands :muscle: .

Good hunting everyone!

Pick is a tool, not a weapon

1 Like

get journey step for black ice weapon by crafting javelin.
get journey step for temp by drinking fire water.
maintain temp in volcano by eating ice.
just did all three 2 days ago

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.