Just some opinions about PVP and gameplay

To prevent the stack spam, I could even go with a cool down on the no animation heal, there’s need to be some buffer to change strategies.

I know this is a hot topic but, for me personally, I could imagine that some of the weapon nerfs could have been avoided if there was an equivalent heal for each combat damage type or combat speed. But, that’s probably a discussion for another thread that might go into coding limitations and such.

Yes, that’s how it should be.

1 Like

Thing is that heal spam is not really a problem if the heal isnt that fast at healing u up. Spamming will just make you have less heals at the end and be in disadvantage.

1 Like

I understand and I am with you here. I’m providing an olive branch to the opponents of the suggestion.

It should ofc be difficult. But it should be possible. Back in the days, (I know people hating when you referring to that but idc) you could actually do that, if u were good enough. And for me that option should still be.

But right now u cant sadly do that, it’s almost impossible to fight against +1 more player.

To maybe be more clear, Im not really arguing whether it should or shouldnt be - just stating that right now it is and that it has an effect on PVE. I think theres arguments on both sides of “3v1s” that are reasonable. Should a skilled player be able to hold their own against a small group? Perhaps. However balancing the game that way means that a skilled/geared player can bully out groups of unskilled or under geared players. A new player to a server is disadvantaged in gear, ability to seige/defend, and ability to farm vs an established player. Should they also have no chance in a 1v1 because the balance is such that a geared player can 1v3?

I can see what you mean, but in my opinion there should be something to practise for, that’s been my way during all years i’ve been playing this game. Like me for an example, I have been training alot, 1v1’s and also teamfights. So yes. A more experienced/skilled player should be able to take down a new one easy in a 1v1 situation no doubt.

Skillgap in a game is a good thing, nothing to be scared of. If I see someone 2xtimes better than me, I just want to play even more to become as good or even better than that player. Without that skillgap there is nothing really to play for, u can just put a team together, and play as good as someone who’s been spending years in trying to be really good.

But yes, 1v3 should be hard, and it is hard. And has always been hard if it’s against good opponents. And it should be that way. But not impossible.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly when it comes to skill and skillgap. The hard part is that combat is some mix of skill and gear currently and trying to balance those at the same time is a tall order. If a naked skilled player can easily 1v3 with stone weapons, gear means nothing. If an unskilled player in epic gear can easily 1v1 a skilled player in normal gear, than perhaps skill means nothing.

It has always been a mix of gear, weapons, level and so on. So yes in my opinion, a skilled player should still be able to take out a guy who’s less skilled that using epic gear just gonna be harder and take some more time doin it.

In PvE absolutely, it’s not even possible to pull less than half an encampment in this game.

Stagger never should have been changed, they’ve long used it as an artificial difficulty increase on their end and now they’ve made us unable to utilize it effectively to actively manage groups.

The more I engage with the game, I’d be just fine with them rolling back this entire patch and just leaving the directional arrows on building tiles.

On PS4 so cannot test it, but I have yet to read a single positive review of the removal of staggering. I’m not sure why they would have pushed such a big change instead of first getting feedback from testlive.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure this is a bug. The patch notes talked about giveng stagger immunity after prolonged period of being staggered.

Unless they are defining a prolonged stagger as any stager at all something isn’t working right

It wasn’t acting this way on test live from what I’ve read so it seems something went wrong with the implementation of the patch to the live version

1 Like

This was my assumption when I read the notes. Basically that we couldn’t just chain stun NPC infinitely anymore. Given that the new weapon animations continue the trend of “infinite” attacks while you still have stamina- that seems like a consistent design philosophy. I too assume it’s a bug, but I don’t know why FC wouldn’t just chime in and say so in the numerous threads about it if that was the case :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I played around in the Mounds for a bit and it seems to happen midway through second round of the full heavy attack sequence for a 1h axe. 10 str build with a Lemurian Axe, I didn’t want to outright eliminate opponents.

I cant imagine this sudden illogical change in the way a weapon works will do anything but increase rage deaths. You go from being the aggressor to catching heavy attacks from a 2 handed sword pretty quick. Frankly, you’re just better off running through a full attack sequence and kiting afterwords if you aren’t built to kill whatever youre attacking within that first combo.

Proceed with slowing the entire game down and turning everything fun into a grind, I’m honestly disappointed by this.

1 Like

Rust isn’t really the same thing as Conan. And nope, conan’s combat system was pretty good. And that’s why I did this post. Since I feel it’s going in the wrong direction, slower, more clunky and it doesnt feel like the skillgap is there anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.