Katana does too much damage

I’ve done 1200 damage with a Katana prior to Siptah (2.0). You can’t do that now.

Interesting. So they really just were slaves to the “meta” without actually doing their own investigation?

1 Like

In this case they didn’t even read the patch notes.

But in either case, the attack in question is pretty unreliable in most situations, which is why I don’t use it. Its great for clearing out a large pull in New Asgarath and getting a giggle, but not much else. Or as a nasty surprise to someone who doesn’t know it exists. A single bit of damage is going to interrupt the combo, which is why I don’t use the weapon myself anymore.

3 Likes

I havent used much katana that’s true. But still knew the moveset of it.

And since it’s more common now that people uses it’s more easier to see that the damage is a problem. Doesnt matter if it’s been like this for 1 day or 10 years, it’s still a problem.

Pretty crazy if you did 1200 dmg back then, and didnt see it as a problem.

1 Like

Lol what are you talking about? I think everyone knew the moveset. It’s was there in 2.8 aswell, and before that like you said. But it didnt came up as a problem untill now.

Also by your explanation how to use it just proofs you dont know @#€% about combat tbh. Lmao " Its great for clearing out a large pull in New Asgarath and getting a giggle, but not much else"

go play pve
and let me know how many items u find useless
we can then do a reasearch of how they ended up like that

1 Like

No because the TTK to do that was too high. Hitting someone with a trebuchet rock does quite a bit more than 1200 on a direct hit too, but its too difficult to pull off in real world conditions.

Maybe I should amend that to include incompetence.

unreliable and extremely situational.

oh the irony…

What? You could pretty much use any weapon type for PVE stuff.

as i said
go play
like a year
and tell me how many things r useless…

then come back
with a list
and we can trace the reason
and then talk on a new basis

Considering the topic, they’re going to need more than a year. :rofl:

1 Like

Go play PVP and you will understand that 90% of it is PVE related :slight_smile:

Dude, your toxicness in this forums suprises me. Calling people dumb and incompetent probably makes you feel better. You wanna know what? I dont care.

Like I said earlier I would loved to see all these anti spear guys cry if this was about the spear instead :rofl:

i have played both pvp and pve.
i decided to stop bothering with pvp a looong time ago as i never liked the toxicity, and the vast number of glitches that existed and have passed from this game.

the main difference about pvp and pve is that u will hear no pve player whinning and requesting a nerf…

but seriously
go play pve.
we can talk after u done. i would love to listen to a pvp player that finds katana too strong but never heard him of complainiung about duping bombs, gods, materials etc

where u to defend ur precious balance while they r still taking place? why u come and say katana is op NERF , daggers OP nerf but u never bothered with the real glitches?
what kind of balance u seek? cause i seen no posts of u in past threads about these (not even in the most recent ones)

What changed hmmm let me think the entire attribute system and strength being bad in it?

I guarantee the things I have said in this thread are tame even by PVE-C global chat standards. Let’s not play the victim card when you get called out on a 4 year old mechanic.

1 Like

adapt instead of whinning then

the system has changed for all
not u alone

Their favorite youtuber hasn’t posted that video yet.

1 Like

Im not playing a victim. Just suprises me how toxic you are overall :rofl:

Who is that? :slight_smile:

No offense… but I think you may be suffering from a mild-to-moderate case of superiority complex here… you should get that checked out!
Even other PvP players in this thread are trying to be productive and have a discussion while you’re there trying to ridicule and trigger people acting like the “pvp bigshot”. If you’re truly THAT good then surely you don’t need to whine about a lousy katana, right?

Something about pots and kettles here…

This is the type of attitude that will trigger people and simply result in the thread getting locked.

It’s not about that and nobody is “anti-spear”, we just recognize that the people calling for this change are primarily spear users… and they are not bothered for example by the range of the spear being outrageous to where no other weapon can even get close to them to do damage… but they’re suddenly complaining about the one thing that can “occasionally” get to them by luck… through a dash…

And the information is cherry picked and staged… like I said… the presentation video in the OP is literally positioned to do maximal damage… a few steps in either direction and it would do half the damage, it probably took them quite a few tries to record it like this…

Furthermore like others tried to point out… this is not a “one-button” oneshot kill… it requires a setup… you need to do a full combo that has another action mixed into it, so it’s not something you do with mindless button mashing. A setup that can be interrupted… even the attack is linear… cannot be auto-locked or focused and you can literally side-step and avoid it…
So the counter to this is to keep your eyes open when you see someone with a katana…

3 Likes