Killing Heimdall Boss

You guys are going to get really tired of me, for sure. Sorry about that.

First time killing Heimdall and I’ve read about him on the old forum, so I’m kitting and clicking on the horns when I see text. Doesn’t seem to be enough. There’s a lot of lag, so that prevents an instant reaction sometimes, but I can’t use that as an excuse. The sad thing is I’m doing him on my Guardian, so I know it can be done. Any suggestions?

Lag Fixes: Turn your settings down to low or to Pvp/Raid (I find Pvp/Raid works best with the lag around the World Boss, but low might be better with your system. Try both). Turn off shadows, gore settings, etc… etc… As much as you can. Turn off as much of the World Particles as you can, again with WB I just use the ‘myself’ setting.

Everything I’ve heard say to use the horn and let the NPC’s fight him while you stand off and arrow him, only going in at the end.

Don’t worry about asking questions, it’s how you learn.

I am going to echo @Nebless: Don’t fight, just let the Shieldmaiden do all the damage. Just run up and down when she has agro and hot the horns,

Fabulous, thanks so much

You’re the bomb, luv ya

Whole last boss Heimdall encounter is not newbie-friendly, so here are some pointers:

1. Ylva the Shieldmaiden has an aggro of a fresh n00b 80 guard and damage worse than that (but Heimdalls HP is not very big and he starts taking more damage after 1st "die by the ").
  2. Her aids have better aggro but die off extremely fast (you can slow down this a bit, if click one of horns while boss enrages with “Reaver’s fury” - with the “Will somebody end his fury” message that follows).
  3. If you do any significant dps on Heimdall - you are going to be his target 100% of the time, and he starts to hit for 3000 damage after the 1st “die by the …” enrage, when all Shieldmaidens aids die off. Also he will gain the speed/energy of energizer bunny, so kiting does not help for long.
  4. “Die by the …” - is fatal enrage , where boss 1-shots the target (you) if he can reach you from melee distance. he will also be very slow moving, so sprint and kite at distance is very effective. also any melee contact with boss is insta-death, so you can only count on ranged dps while enrage lasts.
  5. Group encounter has a change - you will also need to fight off waves of extra enemies, that insta-KB anybody (very annoying mobs, you’ve already fought in Vanaheim). 2-man group gets 1 exta Varangian guard npc spawn (multiple time), and 3-man group gets 2x of those at once (multiple spawn every 20 sec or so).
  6. Strategies vary: Burning down Heimdall with SW and high dps before or soon after 1st “die by the …” enrage. Having Shieldmaiden take him down, while you take minimal dps approach - long but safe way.

Cast is “die by axe” just saying and you see from crossair symbol on your head. you can also use a combat pet, every bit helps after burst damage phase.

1 Like