Lack of Clarity on Structure Removal will Upset Many

I looked on YouTube to see how to do this exploit in order to know what they were talking about because it was very confusing. From what I saw, you really have to do it on purpose, and know what youā€™re doing. For those of us not using the exploit we should be safe.
That said it is possible that one may do this by accident, sometimes building gets weird, since sometimes it doesnā€™t let you place pieces, but ā€œworkaroundsā€ then lets you place the pieces.
For example a space that would need a pillar wonā€™t let you place a ceiling piece, but destroying the piece next to it will then allow you to place the one you wanted, then you put another one in the place of the one you destroyed. However, upon logging out and back in, the piece the game didnā€™t want you to place is missing.

I know thatā€™s not what the patch is talking about, but I just wanted to underline the fact that you have to know your way around cheats and workarounds. Of courseā€¦thatā€™s kind of moot as the exploit here doesnā€™t disappear when you do it. :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Weā€™re all a little worried, but at least we are getting some reassurances from FC and community efforts. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

This is what Iā€™m worried about too. All but 2 of my bases were created by sending out runners of fence foundations across the map to keep them on the same timer and then deleting the runners afterwards. If youā€™ve ever tried doing long runs of fence foundations, you know that as elevations change, youā€™ll invariably have instance where two overlap at the halfway point, or one inadvertantly gets undermeshed as youā€™re chugging along.

Am I going to lose 1000s of hours of work building public maprooms, taverns, etc. because there might be a bug at one outpost and it chains across to everything else? Iā€™ve worked hard to protect resources and thoroughfares against griefers (itā€™s an Official PvE server, so we canā€™t blow up or admin-nuke trolls), and it might be the end of my sojourn with Conan if everything becomes lostā€¦

1 Like

For instance, I wanted to keep the speakeasy in the basement of my Mounds base as small as possible. To that end, the middle of the 3x3 floor is bisected by foundation fences so that i could attach the fences and door frame mid-foundation like so:

@Cattibria: Will something like thisā€¦

1. ā€¦be OK and continue to be allowed?
  2. ā€¦cause the foundations, fence foundations, fences, and doorframe to be destroyed?
  3. ā€¦cause all parts of the base that are contiguous with it to be destroyed?
  4. ā€¦cause anything on the same decay timer/snap grid to be destroyed (i.e. ALL of my bases)?
1 Like

Not real sure. I have several fence foundations placed oddly due to the buildings they are part of. I also have a lot of structures that do not align properly with a foundation grid that have their own issues. Waiting for my testlive client to load to see what the changes have done.

1 Like

Alrighty, Iā€™ll keep my eyes peeled to see if youā€™re able to report back on any of those test case. Gonna be keeping my fingers crossedā€¦

Yeah, no. I canā€™t argue against a patch that gets rid of things people exploit, but this kind of ā€œeither youā€™re safe or youā€™re a cheaterā€ logic really bothers me.

I play on PVE-C and Iā€™ve used the crossed foundations and overlapping Turanian awnings for aesthetic purposes. Itā€™s depressing enough that theyā€™re going to nuke my builds indiscriminately, without being called an exploiter by people like you.

1 Like

So i just read this this thread, and relised i put Fence foundations all around my pillar base (the lowest level of foundations only) and remember, that when i tried too put them out like 30% of them ended up cross directions, and i wasent able too place the next one untill i placed the cross oneā€¦
I just went too remove them all, and BAMā€¦ server crash after first

This means my entire base is gone, and i cant even prepair for it due too buggy building mechanicsā€¦ It was never my intention too put them like that, i was simply forced too if i wanted too have it around the base

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that :slightly_frowning_face:

How did it turn out?

And the real kicker isā€¦ If the test system includes the ā€˜fixā€™, you can still crash the server so not sure the fix is really a fixā€¦

Only a few hours remain before the bomb drops, and they havenā€™t answered any of our questions. Iā€™m disappointed and disillusioned.

2 Likes

I hope they patch the ghost webbing next for officials. This is definitely not intended. The decay is intended for people to build what they can maintain. And visiting 1 base far from another and still getting the refresh is not really maintaining it.

Sure, they should just retcon and remove anything creative or beneficial in the game. Anything more than the bare necessities needed to survive in PvP should go on the chopping block. To hell with people that want to play cooperatively, to hell with PvE and their public works. :roll_eyes:

EDIT: Also, just because you visit stuff regularly is no guarantee that things wonā€™t just poof for no reason, even on a PvE server. Part of the reason myself and other use this technique is because the decay system is so unreliable. I had a whole T3 base at Sepermeru poof after only 3 days a few months back FOR NO REASON:
20190202224030_1

Another of my friends had the same happen with one of theirs in a different area too.

And just today, the replacement maproom I built at Seper (which is linked to my other bases) just decided to decay in spite of the fact that my clanmate and I visited it just yesterday.
20190617192905_1
20190617192927_1

Gonna wait until tomorrow morningā€™s rule-changes are thru tearing up the server before I go making another maproomā€¦ assuming anything is left standing. And yes: for the record Iā€™m incredibly upset right now.

Lathariel, I know itā€™s small consolation, but just for the record: every time I think Iā€™ve made something really creative, you post an example of what youā€™ve built and Iā€™m humbled.

2 Likes

Does anybody know what time the patch will drop?
CET.

Just want to know so I can log on to catch any falling lootbags.

Had to cool down in another game for a few hours, but itā€™s nice to know that work is appreciated. Thanks for the cheer-up. :slight_smile:

Really wish I had some in put for this topic. My game will not load and the devs are looking at my DB. It works fine in the live build.

Hey everybody,

We have updated the original announcement with some important information and clarification. Please give us a few moments of your time and read it fully here:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/psa-removal-of-illegal-structures-in-upcoming-patch/75447

We have started a new thread to focus all feedback and questions here:

Please use it to discuss all things regarding this fix.
Proceeding to close this thread. Thanks for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

1 Like