Land claiming bug

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [North America]

[On official pvp we are at war with a clan. We have around our base landclained with foundations and alters etc. the clan were at war with has some how taken over our land (that is claimed already.) we cannot build around alters, vaults, attach to existing foundations. This has just happened today. The only way this clan is getting any type of upper hand on us is strictly by exploits and bugs. Is this something that just happened with the patch? Please respond as soon as possible. I love this game but am getting very frustrated with the all the exploits and bugs that set back clans that have put time (and money) into this game.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.make foundations
2.try to place attached to existing foundations or around your land claim.
3.says land is already claimed even when it is owned by you.

This is a known bug for a very long time. Log off where the land claim is and log back in you should be able to build on your land.

3 Likes

But how could an enemy build inside of our land claim? Literally in between three alters spaces evenly apart.

1 Like

The game is bugged dunno. It happens to me all the time.

Some days I can build right up to peoples bases other times my land says owned by someone else.

Again logging on and off a few times fixes the issue. As long as you are standing in the problem area it will acknowledge your land eventually.

1 Like

Usually right after server restart, it’ll let you reclaim your land. It has to recalc that plane of land claim during restart.

This is a picture of our alter and me trying to place a bedroll after logging off and on 5 times

Hello @ModestNovice, thank you for reaching out!

The team is aware of this issue and it’s being looked into, could you please share further details on how far they’ve built into your claim?

@Hugo here are some pictures of what they have built. As you can see in them they are inside of perfectly spaced out alters, as well as between buildings or huts that we call a “battlefield” for when they try to come and attack our base.

This does suck. But at the same time, i hate altar spamming as well. Doesn’t mean ehat they did was right. I hope they fix this, and some how fix the spam land claim in general. I think both go hand and hand tbh. The more crap for the cpu to calculate, the more chances for exploiting like they did.

We only spam land claim around our base for treb and god purposes. But if you look at the other clan on the server we are fighting they have alter/thrown/ foundations in several key places like brimstone lake and on top of the iron spawn by mounds of the dead. Said clan is trying to ruin the game for people and we are trying to bring the life back to the server.

Oh i know why it is done, but it doesn’t help. And i have been part of clans that do it. I am just saying the health for the game suffers because it is the only way to defend because the siege of raiding is beyond broken. As far as PVP goes, the raid mechanic is just tossed in and not well thought out at all. It is a spam driving component that needs a serious overhaul.

1 Like

I agree completely

@Zeb awesome, thank you for the feedback. We blew up the places today and started foundation claiming spots between as well. I appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

We have someone using this exploit on our server. They built within 6 foundations of our base which shouldnt be possible. They also dupe and use other exploits.

Here you go. 6 foundations away.

Silver Fox (@AcSilent) Tweeted:
#PS4share https://t.co/RAekd59Oy0

Rather than using loose placeables such as temples, which do result in smaller, individual claim radius and thus holes in your total claim area, it might be best that you extend your claim with foundations linked to your main base.

2 Likes

That is 6 foundation lengths between two bases. Linking shouldnt matter. I dony think its related to placeable holes.

Land claim from a foundation should be much larger than 6 lengths. Especially when it’s causing claim conflicts within the existing structure. From what I’ve heard it’s an exploit with the undermesh, but not sure. All I know, it’d like it fixed so I don’t have to worry about enemies building right into our base.

We have tried that, but it doesn’t allow us to claim that close, thus we think it’s an exploit. They’ve used it against other clans now as well - so we all feel pretty annoyed that we are at such a disadvantage. Just throws off server balance in the same way as duping, killing off thralls due to bugs, etc. This patch really caused more harm than good on the official servers due to bugs and exploits past and present hitting us all at once.

Yep we are on pvp. We had to use a lot of materials to do it as compared to the little they spent but we are hoping it’s resolved. Hard to say though not knowing how they are doing it so we can prevent it.

The picture was taken from directly behind a building built with foundations. I measured the distance and it was 6 lengths. Normally, land claim is around 30 lengths from a foundation, or thereabouts. I’m just trying to identify this as an exploit to the devs so they can potentially fix it - that’s about all I can do. I think the OP may also be affected by the same bug.emphasized text