Lets face it isle of siptah is a disaster

i was replying to a post from the girl above me about community moderation being ridiculous here that she has to worry about being banned for speaking her mind in a constructive way. This has little to do with the OP at all honestly and more to do with this terrible community team that moderates here and also works for funcom and is exactly 100% why nothing gets fixed for many months as I literally watch them bury posts and keep all community questions to light topics and never the myriad of issues that need to be addressed head on. Even as of right now my post got hidden. How much are you willing to beat its from moderation and not members? This team running CE has the thinnest skin of any game dev team I have played. Banned for complaining is ridiculous when considering your game has so many flaws from rampant bugs since the early days of early access that are still present to date in 2020.

-Still rubberbanding/stuttering while sprinting on the old map no other game I have ever played does this.
-Still have the time cannot click on feats even without mods attached only to notice it registered when refreshing the page. Around since EA release
-The new building set stormglass has bugs in its stability and some pieces won’t even attach. Still not addressed but reported.

I promise you I can keep going on and on and on since I been around since EA release. Yet funcom only says our team is aware of it which means one of two things either they are stupid which I highly doubt because programming is far from easy and something I am sure is not the case. B they are lazy and probably spam twitter and discord for most of their work shifts. Or C they have given up on fixing things that been around since EA while they work on Dune. You can decide for yourself but either way nothing gets done and posting 1 to 2 fixes every couple of weeks is less than one modder could do in a few hours so you can decide for yourself. But there is a reason funcom gets so much slack - if I have to state why then you have not been around funcom games for very long.

You know if this team said they are going to set aside a few months to just address bugs and not add more feature creep that creates more problems I know most players like myself who complain would stop and respect this team much more. But the fact remains they keep pushing new content without fixing the old and that argument that its different teams is nonsense. This stuff could be addressed with a little effort and polish. Even Ark to this day is going back map to map doing exactly that which speaks volumes for funcom.

2 Likes

I disagree strongly here. The thrall leveling system added greatly to both pvp and pve. Its just that the pvp community doesn´t want changes that makes things more complicated or longer as they already are for them. They have a problem with slowing things down.

A lot of pvp players (specially the hardcore ones) don´t like it for exactly 2 reasons:

1. A once simple thing (capture a thrall, put in the wheel, after that your good to go) gets more complex and time consuming now. More time spend on thralls means lesser time to do something else that is important for pvp like farming, building or raiding. Pvp is a fast thing. Time is of an essence. Once a server is up and running, the clock is ticking. You start fast leveling to get to lvl60. You then try to obtain the best gear including legendary farming tools which gives you an advantage in building and defending your base and also in crafting. The first who is ready to go for raiding a base has good chances to survive. Because he is taking home the loot which gives him additional ressources for 0 time while his oponents have to start over. And if you have to choose between leveling your thralls or making another batch of bombs, you will choose the bombs. But it also makes defending your home more difficult. And you don´t want/need that.

2. Pvp in Conan is all about Knowlegde and Manipulation. You use what gives you as a player the greater advantage. You want/need the best building spot, the best gear the best food and buffs, animal, thrall and so on. You don´t care about style, fairness or other players feelings. You either win or you simply loose. You stick to the things you know works best. Leveling your thralls is time consuming and you don´t know the outcome nor can you manipulate it. You could spent 2 hours leveling a thralls who then turns out to get stats that you don´t want or need and this are 2 hours of lost time which you can´t effort.

The problem I see with pvp is that every thing you do is overshadowed by the questions: Is it worth spending the time? can I control the outcome? Gives it an andvantage of any kind?

People deside to like or dislike stuff based on that questions, which makes it very hard to release any new content. Pvp as is, is way to fast. People often just rush the game instead of enjoying it. Its a contagious behavior that spreads all over and often makes people have burnouts after a week or two because they feel and are way to stressed.

First of all, “constructive”?

The original post in this thread was not constructive at all. It was just a laundry list of complaints. And that’s fine, we’ve all been frustrated and vented on the forums. Nobody’s going to get banned for that.

Speaking of that, I’ve seen no proof of anyone ever being banned from the forums for constructive criticism. Heck, I’ve even seen people sling poop at the devs like crazy and never get banned for that.

So that whole “maybe I’ll get banned for speaking truth” is a cheap rhetorical device based on FUD.

That’s a bet you would lose.

9 Likes

I had not played in a long time. I came back because I saw there was an island map to play on. The thrall leveling is one of my favorite things that’s been added. I think it’s a lot more fun to train one up than to have them stay as is when captured.

2 Likes

It sold a lot though, not a disaster. Thats what matters.

2 Likes

It isn’t just sales. The new map creates more content and that content is more refined.

One example, in PvP you actually have more character advancement through the delving bench and legendary recipes as well as making thralls harder to acquire. This creates more incentive for players to stick to one server which is sorely needed.

I’ve played with many clans on PvP servers that just zerg a server, conquer it, and then move onto the next server to conquer it. Creating a locust effect where big PvP clans just roam server to server.

This new map gives big incentives to those clans that actually stick with one server. It does that by giving them more power by investing in their characters, their thralls, and their base builds.

3 Likes

Hyperbole on the forums I see hasn’t changed a bit.

5 Likes

“In mass communication, the important thing is not how things are, but how things seem to be.”
-Prof. Osmo A. Wiio, Wiio’s Laws - and Some Others

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”
-attributed to Joseph Goebbels, but no primary source has been verified. Ironically, because this has so often been publicly quoted and attributed to Goebbels, people have come to believe he actually said it. Whoever said it was right, anyway.

3 Likes

This quote is mine, actually. This quote is mine, actually. This quote is mine, actually. This quote is mine, actually.

3 Likes

I don’t know how accurate these are, but I find it interesting having a look at the global Steam achievements for Conan Exiles.
Maybe because Isle of Siptah is new, but the basic achievements seem rather low…

Personally I’m loving the new map, needs tweaking here and there, but I am having fun.

You said that?

There are things I like and things I dont like but I’m trying to reserve judgement till its in its release state. It is fair to point out that the Siptah map itself is not what I would consider a contentious point. Im more concerned about the economy changes but would have to use them awhile to have a real opinion.

idk I’ve enjoyed the update. To be fair it was my first time playing Conan really.

Ummm… what…is this some fantasy story line or … so Funcom work on roughly 14 different game titles including this one. Being critical of the product after its release is reasonable, and its how the game industry seperates signal from noise. Worshiping at the feat of Funcom is not a requirement as a customer… no matter the cost, we exchange based on the release and quality of the said product.

Is Siptah a quality release… meh…not really… Artist direction is great, game features and roadmap aren’t clear and more over cheating is killing any and all potential you get to settle in and immerse within the features on offer. The loot tables are broken or simply lazily put together and there are tech tree dead-ends throughout which now impact the original state of the game. The developers clearly dont’ understand code branching or choose not to use it, as to take the main developer trunk, add new features and make them beta centric at best while holding your actual original game hostage is just the worst product management decision ive seen in this industry.

It would have been smarter and safer for them to simply take a snapshot of the conan branch, release the DLC as a “Early Access” get the new upgrades / engine stable. Solve the meshing issues, loot tables etc and then slowly mothball the old version.

They didn’t… they went for basically the lazy or selfish option. So now they have both their audience sets up in arms about quality bands and patch fails until it somehow self-correct and stabelizes. Meanwhile your entire adoption now is dormant, the numbers are decreasing in uptake so by the time they stumble their way out of this early accesss… maybe…just maybe… there still might be an audience sympthetic to their cause.

No roadmap, No Support beyond false promises…

how do you truly advocate for a product like this anymore…

4 Likes

they are low because majority of all achievements on steam for this game is low compared to most other titles. There is only 31% of the playerbase that achieved level 60 for example. Conan exiles largest server populations are RP servers you can look up the metrics yourself and see. RPers tend to be rabid white knights in most games because they tend to ignore most content outside of RP so therefore do not see things from any other views but their own. The fact this game has nudity and you can look at the mods on steam to see where most of the community’s head is and how many downloads those mods have. Go look up slaver mod and shaved and oiled to see for yourself and compare it to the population currently playing…

3 Likes

You realize what a lame excuse that is, right? If someone is building a skyscraper and is pouring using crap cement, support pillars that are understrength and crooked, you don’t want to hear “HEY BRO IT’S EARLY BUILDING”, you want them to do it right from the beginning. Because if you wait until they’re done, it’s too late.

And even if you want to go with the whole “it’s early access” thing, ALPHA/BETA/EARLY ACCESS PERIOD IS THE EXACT RIGHT TIME TO GIVE FEEDBACK. That’s the entire fscking POINT of it.

4 Likes

First I see some one worried about the ban culture, then some one talks about a N azi. <-- its not an illegal word when used in context, AI needs to be reprogrammed.
Now you say its lame that you dont get to have a temper tantrum over something that is stated NOT complete.

Come back when you have 20 years of beta testing under your belt like some do.

why on earth was this post flagged, he said nothing wrong.
And I am of the exact same opinion, you guys change too much fluff and refuse to address real problems with your product.
FUNCOM DO BETTER!

There’s a difference between giving constructive feedback and angry ranting.

its not funcom flagging me its the community at large here. There is a lot of white knights in this community that abuse this hidden post system. The moderation here including staff allows it to happen and its why this game ends up the way it does. Its funny because I bet you none of these people flagging me have the hours in this game that I do nor the achievements I have on steam so I actually get a chuckle out of it. Its exactly why games like Ark destroy this game in sales and reviews even though they have their own issues. Wildcard listens funcom ignores and the community bashes anyone who calls funcom out for it. Rinse Repeat since 2015…

3 Likes