List of things I’d love to see added or changed!

On Xbox version and loving this game! Just wanted to point out things that I’ve noticed or thought up that I feel would improve the experience!

INVENTORY & CRAFTING:

• Make Sandstone and Stone separate identities. Stone mined in the north or east would not be yellow and vice-versa.
    (Would love this for immersive and low cost base building outside of the desert)

• Ability to take one item out of a stack at a time.
    (Or a selective amount)(Xbox version)

• Ability to take all but one item out of stack.
    (This helps keeps your chest and bench inventories consistent and organized)(Xbox version)

• More organized crafting menu with more intuitive filters.
    (Currently all engrams are clustered on the right bar and it can be a mess to find what you need regardless of current filters)

• A single button to sheathe weapons/shield. (Xbox version)

• A simplified way to remove or add items form your radial toolbar.
    (Make it appear in the inventory menu to let us drag and drop)

• The inventory icons for iron and steel bars seems to be backwards. Steel bars are darker but seem to make lighter weapons and iron bars are very light and make darker weapons.

GAMEPLAY:

• Add a compass at the top of the screen with directional signs.

• Shooting an orb’s grease on the ground with a fire arrow will cause it to ignite.

• Make player names easier to pop up from a further distance if you have your curser directly on them.
    (Annoying not knowing who people are until touching noses with them)

• Remove player list or make a way to stop enemy tribes from seeing if you’re online/offline.
    (Very cheap)

• A tool that is more efficient at gathering bark.
    (Or a recipe to break down wood into bark)

• A stance that allows you to stand still and swing your primary weapon.
    (It’s difficult to use strong axes/swords and such to break chests or other low objects)

• Please make a system to stop griefing players from spamming foundations to cut off resource nodes, especially rare ones.
    (I know it can be used as a strategic advantage, but it really ruins the longterm experience)

SIEGING:

• Add a buffer time between structure damage and when you’re allowed to repair a structure.
    (Say an enemy damages your wall, you wouldn’t be able to repair it for 3 seconds or so without any additional damage)

• Add a system that doesn’t allow other players to replace structures that you’ve destroyed for a set amount of time.
    (When sieging enemy tribes, they tend to just instantly replace the wall when it’s destroyed which is very lame, tedious, and seemingly never ending. Not how someone should be able to defend)

CLANS/TRIBES:

• Ability to PIN lock chests and doors from other tribemates.
    (Everything in your tribe is 100% shared which creates issues if you have members who aren’t as trustworthy, competent, or reliable. Also we all love our own private safespace!)

• Make a new rank that allows tribemates other than the leader to kick members.

Interested in knowing your own. Fee free to add on!

1 Like

We have this. Hold shift and drag the stack.

We have this too. Check the keybindings. I use Q to both sheathe and draw my weapons and shield.
(I forgot what it is by default)

Name plates will show up from farther away if you go into first person view. I hope they increase the range for third person as well.

I agree with most of your other suggestions though!

I’m on Xbox and we don’t have those features yet :frowning:

1 Like

Oh! That’s not good.

A tool that is more efficient at gathering bark.
(Or a recipe to break down wood into bark)
They have wonderful skinning knives, and meat cleavers in game, so why not a bark scrapper (real life tool)

Tru7h:
SIEGING:
Add a buffer time between structure damage and when you’re allowed to repair a structure.
(Say an enemy damages your wall, you wouldn’t be able to repair it for 3 seconds or so without any additional damage)
Add a system that doesn’t allow other players to replace structures that you’ve destroyed for a set amount of time.
(When sieging enemy tribes, they tend to just instantly replace the wall when it’s destroyed which is very lame, tedious, and seemingly never ending. Not how someone should be able to defend)
I thought about it, and at first I wanted to agree. On one hand it would be nice to have a “war timer” that stopped the building of new structures by both parties involved.
On the other hand it’s realistic that the party under siege would be repairing their fortifications. The one attacking needs to be ready to run the defender out of resources before it gets a foothold.

Tru7h:
Add a compass at the top of the screen with directional signs.
Just open the world map and it shows you what why your character is pointing.

Now I’m going to say the “A” word, but bare with me. In Ark I thought the handheld world map, without the player location, to be very immersive. A survival element where getting lost in the forest could actually happen. I liked the idea that I had to climb to a higher elevation, pull out a scope to find landmarks, pull out the compass and map to figure out where the hel I was.

Maybe a fair solution is to increase the cost of materials needed to repair structures?

I do agree with you on an immersive-style map like in Ark. But if I can just open my map at any point and look at my direction, why not just put the UI on screen so I don’t have to bring up a game menu that takes me out of the experience? It’s just a little thing that adds an extra bit of polish and I get turned around at times.

Continuing the discussion from List of things I’d love to see added or changed!:

I can see where you’re coming from, but I’m going to have to suggest we agree to disagree. My reasoning is there are people out there that want less UI or HUD, and there are people out there, like me, that want less direction on the map.

I believe that we can agree that if a compass was implemented it would be an option a player could turn on and off.

1 Like

I also liked being able to get lost in Ark.

I’d really like the map to initially be covered in a fog of war. But I’m sure a lot would not want that.

We should at least understand why we came off the cross with a bloodied map in hand…

1 Like

Yeah that would be fun. They like using the bracelets for different mechanics in the game like fast travel. It would be fun if they hologram the map. A little unnecessary detail that would be fun.