Logging ONLY with VPN

i cannot log into the game anymore so itried a tip from a member that said logging through a VPN maybe fix the problem
why that happening ? why i need a VPN ? why my account has problem ? is it my country blocking AOC server ?
i m from Greece
i sent a message to AndyB 24 days ago but havent answered yet
maybe VPN is the only solution ?

I had the same problem. It looks like the problem is between the internet providers server and the Funcom server, some kind of communication problem, i don’t really know what else it could be. Changing internet provider solved it for me. https://forums.funcom.com/t/when-i-log-in-i-cant-log-cfharacter/190140

1 Like

thanks bill13

1 Like

The answer would be to use a VPN. These are the reasons why. However, you must first take other factors into account.

Any player who is unable to log in may be experiencing issues related to AOC server outages or temporary maintenance.
Your account may be deactivated, suspended indefinitely, or experiencing an access-restricting bug.

Communication between you and the game servers may be interrupted by network problems at your ISP or on your end.
It’s possible that compatibility problems or bugs affecting login functionality were introduced by recent game updates.
Unless it breaks local laws or regulations, it is highly unlikely that your country would specifically block the AOC server. Regional limitations, however, might be present in the game itself.

Instead of relying on guesses, reach out to AOC’s official support channels (website, forum, email) and explain your login issue. They’ll be able to diagnose the problem and provide specific advice, potentially regarding any regional restrictions or account issues.

Why did your friend recommend a VPN?

Using a VPN can help you access game features or servers that are blocked in your area by making you appear to be in a different country.
VPNs can occasionally reroute your connection to solve particular network problems. You can visit the PureVPN website and look at the gaming VPN their.

If a VPN fixes the issue, it means that your account does not have any issue : it functions correctly.
If a VPN fixes an issue, it means there is a network problem somewhere between your computer and the server. What does a VPN do ? To make it simple, it just makes your data use a different path to reach a server. All you can do is report the problem to your ISP and Funcom and hope it will be solved. If the problem happens somewhere in the network of an other companies handling the traffic between your ISP and the data-centre where the server is hosted, it can take time or or not happen at all. Or just be resolved magically in a few minutes !

2 Likes