Make Hyperborean Slaver give concussive damage

“In the far north, east of the lands of the Nordheimers, live the tall, gaunt people known as the Hyperboreans. Ruled by the White Hand, a cabal of sorcerers, they often stage raids into Cimmeria to take slaves for their sorcerous experiments.”

And yet the armor they choose to wear when going out to capture slaves is specialized for… killing them.

It’s literally got slaver in the name, and yet it is not advantageous in any way for that activity. There are currently no full sets of heavy armor that give concussive damage bonus. We have two sets of light armor, two sets of medium; no heavy.

Not to mention, the armor is unlocked initially at level 30; right at the same level as a medium wheel of pain, and a point in the game when many players start hunting thralls seriously. Would be a great armor for players who prefer to run heavy armor builds, in addition to thralls geared in it to aid you in capturing more.

Make Hyperborean Slaver concussive instead of strength, make it great.

19 Likes

Definitely wouldn’t say no to this.

3 Likes

Sounds reasonable to me.
Love the backstory also.

There was a giant Hyperborean renegade, taciturn, dangerous, with a broadsword strapped to his gaunt frame – for men wore steel openly in the Maul. - The Tower of the Elephant

In the far north, east of the lands of the Nordheimers, live the tall, gaunt people known as the Hyperboreans. Ruled by the White Hand, a cabal of sorcerers, they often stage raids into Cimmeria to take slaves for their sorcerous experiments. It is considered a challenge among Hyperborean slavers to go bare-chested on their raids, wearing nothing more than this waistguard. While it offers less protection than steel leggings and a breastplate, it intimidates newly caught slaves into submission.

3 Likes

Yes, please.
Pretty please.
This one won’t post snarky critique for a whole month if they do this.

Also, while they are at it…
How about sets with the word Overseer in it gives bonus follower damage…

3 Likes

why not? Also we need to have a way to transport more than one slave at a time.

3 Likes

Sorry, to hijack the thread, but my concern would also be the “Stygian Raider Armor”. This was a perfect Archer Armor, with it’s bonuses on Accuracy. Now it’s a complete Strength Weapon Armor. Why? :woman_facepalming: :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

They moved the Agi damage bonus to the Stygian Soldier Mail (it’s scale, but semantics) the Heavy stuff.
Aquilonian (the base game, not dlc) medium now gives Agi damage if this one recalls correctly.

3 Likes

So Medium is strength and Heavy agility… :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was thinking this exact same thing the other day.

2 Likes

This one didn’t say it made sense.

That said, at least Aquilon gear now supports use of Javelins and Shortswords.

2 Likes

From a lore and thematic perspective it makes perfect sense. I vote yes.

6 Likes

And what should we use for Strenght Damage, then ?
I don’t know if there are others non-DLCs Heavy Armors that give Streght Damage Bonus.

ALSO… concussive damage: do we really need it ?
I can easily knock out every NPC without a single bonus there (Ok, I have 20 Authority Build - but I was able to do the same even when I had 10). Just bring a Thrall with you and you won’t need any bonus.

Ultimately, I’ve already fully equipped ALL my Fighters with Hyperborean Sets (except for chest, which I use Dragonbone). If this thing will be done, this would be 2nd time since 3.0 that I have to recraft armors for my thralls.

Want this done ? OK, makes sense, but give me my f**kin resources back ! ALL of them (not the 30% I would get with dismantling bench - that it’s not even 30%, since it doesn’t refund the Padding used to craft said pieces)

I cannot reconvert armors every time.

I vote yes too!

1 Like

Arena Champion’s
Ymir’s
Stygian Invader
Redeemed Legion (+extra stats)

Me personally? No. I don’t usually use heavy armor. For my thralls, absolutely. Heavy concussive armor would make Warparty actually useful. Makes for knocking out a whole city far less time consuming. Just run in with two RHTS Fighters with Truncheons and pillage the whole thing.

Bonus is they would look like slaver thugs while doing it. Its perfect.

Last minute edit: Having base thralls with this would be amazing during a NPC purge. The sacrifices for sorcerers would literally come to them! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah

Tbh that’s a you problem. There’s better armors you could put them in.

Everything Taemien listed, plus Voidforge Dragonbone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.