Make stuff you nerfed into the ground useful

Zaths Avatar, Pets, Mounted Combat, what was the point if adding any of this stuff to the game if you nerf it to the point where its never used in practice? Zaths avatar does very weak damage to thralls and pets, mediocre damage to structures. For the amount of health a pet has, they arnt worth taking up a full companion slot and with one decent swing i fall off my horse. The difference between being meta, balanced or broken is the effort put into something and the fun you get out of it. After farming for a zath avatar, i was not having fun when i landed every spit on a single foundation and nothing broke.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous how many tweaks are made to the game with no thought given to how it will impact the game.

“weeeee let’s go on a nerf-fest!”

Result: multiple areas or items become completely pointless

Sword of Crom used to be the sole reason for long-term interest in UC. Now there is no long-term interest. You get the few drops that aren’t worthless from the bosses, get more FOPs than you’ll ever need, and now there’s no reason to fight UC bosses at all anymore.

3 Likes

Its very rare they nerf in a vacuum. Most times there’s at least a thread or two brought up and then they give players what they ask for.

When you ignore such threads, then the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

1 Like

Because balance changes was needed - how they messed it up is another story - they could do it better but that would take effort - its easier to subtract damage rather than rebalance / give another perk / make it special in some field.

1 Like

I mean, this is clear evidence that Funcom listens to player feedback.

When the quality of the feedback averages to “feature X OP, nerf plz!”, Funcom doesn’t have much data to work on, so they do what people ask.

4 Likes

Thralls should be able to use sword of crom. Now it’s a joke weapon. Sword of facepalm should be its name.

1 Like

Yea show me one thread where people asked for something to be useless.

1 Like

Can you please test one thing?
Do the special attack with the sword of crom with 20s 20a after dodge and tell me how much damage it does, i really wonder.
Reading the op i have to say just one thing about the religion of zath! This religion is the most beneficial of all the others right now, so having a strong avatar too, would be very overpowered and not balanced.

1 Like

How so?

1 Like

This religion allows you to farm spiders with the daggers. These sacks are giving you too many good materials for process! Other than that it helps a lot to gather the withered skulls for the sorcery spells.
I use this religion when i have to face purges alone with one thrall only. I toss an orb i shoot an arrow and the rest is easy, the toxic fluids of this spider has already brought the hp of many attackers to the point i will maximum 2 shot them with my axe. I never tried to give orbs to my thralls, do you think it works? Imagine every archer to throw just an orb, every wave will break like glass. It was never necessary, but i will try it one day just to see.
My fellow exile @Capt_insano0, can you try a sword of crom in pvp? I am pretty sure that it must make over 300 hp damage on the special attack! If it does this damage what an op final blow would it be? Imagine that this “order” see no stagger, if you are staggered only this attack works. It deserves a try don’t you think?

1 Like

It depletes your Stam all the way so even if it does 300-400 damage it wouldn’t be useful especially when last stand is a thing and most players have 700-900 hp. However my clan has been experimenting with a glass cannon build with sorcery and you can 2 shot most players with siptah 2h swords or great axes.

I know about the egg sacks from the spiders. It’s only really useful if you want to make yog feast for pvp. Other than that the spider orbs don’t really serve a purpose on pvp.

1 Like

Very few people has given correct input about what the “nerfs” should be…

@Kapoteeni was on spot here… 99% u see a post (mostly written in rage state, after someone died in pvp) that says x item too op plz nerf…

This is what FC is doing…
This is what most asked for.

2 Likes

If your opponent has 300hp and you 100 he will still attack.
You need 1 stamina point to apply this hit, it has no stagger and it can become a real pain with the fourth perk of strength.
The range is big even if you miss, imagine the face of your opponent :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Just search by title with the keywords nerf, overpowered, fix, or anything pertaining to Katanas or Lances/Horses.

Show me where someone anted a particular item or ability to be rendered completely useless.

To often we see this stale response/dig “pvp player complains and gets what they want”

No what we “want” is balance and what many do not take into consideration is there is nothing wrong with balancing a game.

Exactly. Just because someone asks for a nerf doesn’t mean they are the ones doing it. Funcom makes the changes not us. Take it up with them.

Same old dry arguments

Yea so you agree no one asked for it to be useless. Good

1 Like

Nope, I’m putting that on the players. They always ask for things to be useless. Always. Its their fault.

Ok thanks for proving my point

1 Like

Like the Bow nerf thread currently going where if they nerf damage on bows they will be useless in 80% of content currently.

Thanks for proving my point that players like to see things just get wrecked for kicks and giggles.

1 Like

Plenty pvp players saying dont nerf bow damage as well