Making the manequins available to new players

The tittle is self explanatory.

The manequins were a great addition to the game. I recently suggested them to a new player, @Wanderlust , completely forgetting they were part of a previous battlepass, as @Eniguman correctly reminded me.

With the new function of quick swapping gear, between the player and the manequins, they became a very useful tool when changing our build via potion of bestial memory.

I would like to request Funcom to make the manequins part of the game or, at least, placing them often in the bazaar rotation, so that new players can quickly access this feature. :blush:

9 Likes

Agreed, a more permanently available version of the mannequin would be very utile.

3 Likes

They should absolutely be available. The current work around is temporarily joining a clan and placing them for someone and that’s a gamble as it is.

2 Likes

Maybe Funcom could include the knowledge as a free battlepass offer or simply add it to the base game in a patch. I don’t think anyone would mind.

3 Likes

Yes, i support this 100%, it’s a beautiful feature, it can even go to the bazzar, since others didn’t actually get it for free, but all the players new or old absent must have a way to get them.

1 Like

Already in the bazaar, though it could be more often but then it wouldn’t inspire all the FOMO it currently carries.

1 Like

I’m aware of that item. :smiling_face:That’s sort of an aestheticly upgraded version. I think the common could be part of the base game. Yes, we paid for it, but we’ve been using it for a long time. I wouldn’t mind if others got it for free months later. They can still sell the stygian. If that doesn’t fly, at least, the common version could also be presented in the bazaar more frequently…

1 Like

Good luck fulfilling that sentiment… they STILL haven’t implemented the preorder items, nor previously released Twitch drops. 90% of us that own one or all of these have stated we’d love to see everyone have access to them. However, you got that 10% that begrudgingly fights it and claims they would be angry if the exclusivity was removed. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize their miserliness carried so much weight. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Maybe things change. This is a slightly different case too, @jmk1999 . This is a very functional item you can’t replace, especially now that it has the quick swap function, which is awesome. If Funcom doesn’t decide to make it part of the base game, maybe they can make it available more often in the bazaar.

1 Like

One can hope. I suspect at some point we’ll start seeing a rotation of battle pass items in the bazaar. I hate to bring it up, but Fallout 76 started doing this after a few years of seasons. It’s only been two years since the battle passes began, so it may still happen.

That explains why I couldn’t find them, i thought I needed a recipe or something. I’ll monitor the Bazaar, I don’t mind at all paying for value, and that sounds like solid value. Thanks, MarcosC.

3 Likes

Honestly thought they were going to make the armor stands available in the base game when they announced them… not sure if I’m surprised they locked this feature behind a pay wall with fomo considering they did that with the chests that auto sort what items can go in them…

2 Likes

No, paying for the battlepass just to see these items offered for free later means getting bent over and abused.

It should be available in the store tho… Maybe one day someone removes that silly rotation.
By the way I hope this wont turn into another childish thread - devs should work for free and offer us free shit :joy:

2 Likes

If a mannequin were to be added as a complimentary item, this one would suggest a basic wooden frame.
81+C2L9N7LL.AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp

That way the premium items keep their cosmetic superiority, but the functionality is more universally available.

This one also suggests premium mannequins of a Yamatai make (Japanese inspired armour stands having a very distinct look) and perhaps a more overt blood crystal one that glows slightly from within.

While a radium life size glow doll would be nifty, perhaps that is a bit far fetched…

7 Likes

Although people ask better prices or free items, none i believe want devs to work for free. They just ask Funcom to be more reasonable, that’s all.
I do understand why they overcharge the useless, because nobody really needs them to play this game.
But these armor stands are an amazing feature. I believe everyone should have this feature.
Tbh, i already said it, i wouldn’t feel right if something i payed was given for free to others, like sandstone set i payed 3600 (3x1200) Crom coins to get it and after some months it was sold for 1400 or less. It didn’t felt right, i felt stupid if you are getting me.
Yet it’s such a wonderful and necessary set i believe that they did good for giving it in this lower price.

They said that they would be available in the battle pass first, but that they may eventually add a version to the base game as well.

2 Likes

The mannequin was free in the battlepass for everyone. Zero purchase required.

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I don’t mind any of these items being put behind a paywall, and I don’t mind paying for something that later turns out to be cheaper, or even free. Sales of the game and the various DLC are probably not what they used to be, yet they continue to maintain public servers at a cost, and I very much want them to have a hard $incentive$ to improve the game. I don’t mind paying for value received, AND I want them to see money at the end of the road.

As for cheaper or free later, that’s always the cost of being an early adopter. You pay more for something when it first becomes available, only to see it become cheaper and sometimes even free (e.g., software) later. You paid for early access, you got what you paid for.

That said, what I don’t like is a lack of transparency about this. A good developer should tell its customers that prices are always subject to change, that’s how the economy works, it’s no different here than in any other business.

We’re talkinng here a few dollars for a huge amount of entertainment. I honestly don’t get the complaints.

My views, and yes, I know it’s a minority view. That is all.

2 Likes

Having over 4k hours playing this game, which I got two copies, all DLCs, all battlepasses and a lot of bazaar items, Conan Exiles is still the cheapest form of entertainment I ever had. If I divide what I payed for the number of hours of fun I had, it’s nearly free. I only insist on quality. You’ll never see me complain about the money I spent. :smile:

1 Like

And they can, they just need to buy it. I don’t feel like sharing my stuff or giving away things for free.

I know I have it, but the battle pass is not free. And we have people on the forum who belive that they should get everything for free.

1 Like