Missionreward balancing based on time effort

October 10th 2018, about five weeks after it was implemented.

Update 2.2.2 Patch Notes (Stonehenge)

• This also fixes an issue where the bonus tier for completing 3 waves was incorrectly awarding too soon, making it seem like there was no bonus loot at that tier

Edit: But CrimsonRabbit could be including nerfs in TSW as past crimes too.

that sounds like a bug fix not a nerf.

I’m comfortable with both definitions but getting off-topic.
I am interested in what Leogrim can research, regardless of whether Funcom will implement those ideas.
I would probably undertake more tedious missions if the rewards were more competitive.

I am sorry for delay. I include everything in list that FC did in TSW and SWL and I don’t divide changes into categories. Balance is important of course so it is more of personal opinion ‘don’t touch if it works’ based on personal feelings from past changes. And bad things are remembered better.
But ok, suppose they went and rebalanced all mission rewards according to time wasted. Will I start doing Bank heist, Bach’s investigation mission and Nightmare in Dreampalace on regular basis? No. I have limited RL time to spend in SWL and I need fast missions to do dailies. So I will see only nerf part. My progress will be even slower and I will be more prone to say ‘stuck it’ then even now.
What if they went and only buffed rewards for most tedious missions? I would not notice. But I guess it will be good change for those nolifers who run out of fast missions to farm. But I don’t want to risk my gameplay for that.
So that is why my vote ‘bad idea’. It won’t help game to become better place to get fun.

PS: I already stopped logging to be honest and don’t uninstall game only because I want to see Anniversary. And for occasional time sink. So my rumbling is mostly speculative.

1 Like

I agree. But I don’t like the idea of scaling down existing content reward.
It’s already pretty poor. And nerf feels like, imo, a futile way of increasing the lifespan of the game without enhancing it.
I would rather see a balancing work on the quests. Such as the scaling system implemented with DA and the faction missions.
Or, as Meliza suggested here : Feedback & Suggestions - #1142 by Meliza, Elite / Nightmare version of existing zones with a more challenging environment, leading to better rewards.

1 Like