New update feedback thread

Since the other thread got locked, I made a new thread for discussing the update. Please don’t lock this one. Here’s what I posted in the first thread

2 Likes

When I first read there will be update I seriously thought I will reinstall the game. However after I found out what this update is about, I lost any interest. I really liked this game, but I don’t see any reason I would enjoy this grind and chores.

However if it would make people who are still in game happy, it’s good thing (no irony).

But for me this doesnt work.

4 Likes

Unless you’re grinding E14 or so the 75000 mof to convert 100 at a time is cheaper than the one time lockin item.

They did change DA’s GK moveset but not by much

7,5k per day is cheaper for every level giving 10+ fragments, which is what, e5+? e7? e10 gives 16-20 or something.

And I’m still not exactly agree about “grind on top of grind”. So far I’m not amused by challenges but need to see other types that are not about reducing dps…

Everything that gives 10+ of the one fragment type. I’m assuming the fragment types have a ratio of 50/50. So if you gain 20+ fragments total per run, then the 7,5k is cheaper indeed

Your assumption is incorrect. It seems to be random which you get, just the total frag amount stays within the same boundaries for each elite bracket.

That’s even worse than I thought then

I also acquired new information: you need 3 4-pip talismans, along with everything else maxed naturally, to reach e17… No best fragment rates until then

Not quite. Managed to get to 1701 IP with everything maxed, 3 4 pip talismans, but no elaborate glyph on the offhand, only on the mainhand.

We’ll get one from the event log in rewards, so that’ll help out in the short term I guess.

The good: giving players the option to buy the Peculiar Box, and an attempt at reducing griefing for lowbie dungeon runs by ppl gambling for agent dossiers.

The bad: Box costs 2 mil mof. Rest of changes feel like grind on top of grind. That time to max level is now more than prior to patch. If someone mathematically proves the changes make leveling significantly faster, I’d change my opinion.

So far mine’s been 12/6 and 7/11 which is pretty close to 50/50.

E10 is 14-18, so E13 probably 18-22 and the two ways cost the same, E14 and up to get more for 7.5k per time.

I haven’t tried the challenge mode yet so curious to know what that improves rewards by. 30% less damage should be about 1 tier higher in terms of time taken, but not as difficult as going up a tier, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s +2 rewards.

That’s looking more like a 33/66 split though! That’s actually closer to what I’ve been seeing on my rewards too.

Sure but in sum it’s 19 and 17 of glyph and talisman. maybe the actual options are 3/3 glyph, 2/3 glyph, 1/3 glyph, 0/3 glyph.

Funcom could increase all the talisman and glyph distillate XP rewards by 20%, for example. Right now, SWL has a very very long vertical progression to the top, which is the grind to get your talismans and glyphs to red level 70. It has a very limited horizontal progression, which right now consists of getting various weapons, possibly signets to red level 70.

Other MMO’s have shorter vertical progression, so you get to play with different gear sets (or equivalent) much faster. I played ESO and got to 80% top gear (say, like E15) in about 3 months, or say about 100 hours game time. That is, close to the top of vertical progression. Then maybe another 80 hours to get the gear I wanted, and options for other gear.
In City of Heroes, it takes me about 10 hours game time to get to maybe 60% top gear. Then it’s maybe 40 hours game time to get to 90%, and I am yet to reach 100%, because 1000 alt slots. It’s a long slog to the last 10% when I could just start playing the horizontal progression game by making a new alt and leveling them again.
I played Destiny 2, Division and Warframe too, got bored with them too soon to tell what top gear time takes. Not saying those MMO’s are the bomb and screw SWL, but just sharing my experience in terms of time to get to max gear across diff MMO’s.

You compare that to SWL where it probably took me 6 months (or say 200 game hours), probably more, to get to E5 on some hard core grinding which is about 30% of top level E17, without much flexibility to run horizontal progression, and where I’m pretty much stuck with 1 main weapon choice unless I want to gimp myself. So to get to 90% vertical progression on SWL, it would take me 1.5 years where it takes me about 5 months in ESO and 1 month in CoH.

2 Likes

It won’t be any less effort to go above 44 now compared to before. Stats is not the biggest factor of success there, but singularities’ management, and the luck of getting or not the flickering screen bug.

2 Likes

First of all, what content requires us to have better gear in the first place?
Second of all, if SWL is an MMO, why is the multiplayer part forgotten in new updates?

In its core, SWL has an awful progression ladder as an MMO. Popular MMOs have different dungeons and raids for each gear level, or elite as they’re called in SWL. In SWL you are stuck with the same 6 dungeons for the entirety of your character progression.

Progression in popular MMOs happens by completing the content your gear level and personal skill allow and getting rewarded with better gear, which in turn increases your gear level unlocking higher tier content. Think of the gear upgrades as blue, purple, yellow and red gear in SWL. Instead of leveling up your gear with distillates, you are rewarded the next color by completing content.

Part of the fun in this progression grind is the variety of content, each dungeon and raid being unique in its atmosphere and fight mechanics. Some games even offer challenge modes for dungeons and raids for extra challenge and reward, for example “kill this enemy last” or “finish fight in under 10 minutes”.

How should Funcom have added the new 4-pip imbuers, you ask me. They shouldn’t at all, unless there was MMO content that actually required us to have better gear, in which case some amount of chore I would forgive.

That thread was closed, so I’d like to repeat it here.
I’d very much prefer if new talisman fragments were added above the old glyph fragments instead of sharing the same drop number, or if there was a basic free option to choose which fragments a chest drops.
As it currently stands, post patch I get less items I want from the same activity as before patch through no fault of my own, and am asked to pay extra to get as many as I used to get.

2 Likes

The same amount of reward shared between two types of gear. I don’t like it either

Got around to a Challenge Timeline item today… seems like the extra rewards are a chance at cosmetics? I got 20 fragments on E11 (14/6) so it’s within the usual range.

Also if anyone’s wondering how annoying the Meteor Shower challenge is… I had 1 event per minute so I only saw 6 meteors

1 Like

To counter some of people here saying they don’t like fragments of both types dropping, i like it. The lack of one specific type would be compensated for me with some trading or sales.