[Mod] Exiled land improved

Hi alex,

first i want to say thanks for your great mod which has been running without any issue by now.
If i knew how to “endorse” or support it in the workshop, be sure i would.

i wanted to craft your own creation : the new ancient queen armor.

and i realized i had to craft the regular armor pieces in order to craft the epic ones which is not very convenient and kinda weird, since funcom has finally made it so you can directly craft epic armors on the improved armorer bench without having to use the regular armor piece in order to craft their equivalant epic version.

Maybe i missed something though, but why not just make it require some “multiple fur layers” instead of the regular piece of armor, like all other epic medium armors.

you see on this pict, if you look at the crafting window on the right side, i would replace the requirement of the “regular ancient queen dress” by the material i will show you on the next pict

when looking at the crafting window at the right side, this is the item at the right side from the hyena hides (needed in 7 pieces to make the flawless hyena armor tasset in that case) i guess the name is something like “multiple fur layers” but i’m not sure so i hope you understand.

Again, well done and crongrats !

Hey Roro, I checked recipes ingame, all epic armors need regular armor version in order to craft the epic one, except for Hyena-fur and armors that dont have regular one like Lemurian queen/warrior, Zingarian Freebooter, Cimmerian fur/steel.

I dont know why Funcom made exception for the hyena-fur armor, but the majority of epic armor requires the normal version in the workbench. It does not seem so shocking to me, it’s like improving an item rather than making a new one.

ah ok fair enough then, i really thought it was the case for all other epic armors as well.
no no, it’s def not shocking, was just wondering why it was different to what funcom had done (assuming it was the case for all other epic armor of course).
But still i find it better, or more convenient if you prefer to only need 1 improved bench for epic armors than having to switch from one to an other by crafting additional items. Of course it’s subjective.
anyway thanks for the reply alex.

1 Like

Hire this person already.

3 Likes

Question let say I wanted to try out conan hairstyle, but how am I gonna change my hairstyle without abandon my character?

You can use CharEditLite mod to change your char ingame.

1 Like

Ok Thank you, will try out now.

Hey guys. I recooked the mod with the last version of the Devkit, it should be compatible with the Testlive version.

Update :

Emotes :

• Added sounds for several emotes.
  • Jamila the Pirate Queen can teach you Lean on wall emote (just face a wall, a pillar or whatever and play the emote, character will turn around and take lean pose).
  • Female have new « sitting on chair » emote pose when sitting on bench, simple chairs or stool.
  • Female have new « sitting on ground » emote pose.
  • Female have new « sleeping » emote pose (the character shifts a little so you can sleep very close to a male character).

7 Likes

I can`t wait to try this out Alex as if it is ok mind if I make another suggestion for your mod as my suggestion is based off of the Silent legion and the Lemurians armors.

1 Like

What are you thinking about?

Well for the Lemurians since they have a light and medium armor so to speak I’ve always wondered why wasn`t there a heavy armor version as the I have always imagined Lemurian troops having heavy armor as well that had a full mask face and helm as well as their armor was light for swimming due to it being made from alchemic enhanced shells almost making them feel like an elite unit as I keep thinking these heavy armor Lemurians as the vanguard.

For the silent legion I am thinking a medium class armor that was worn by former warriors of the arena chosen by the king scourge himself as their armor isn`t as strong as his or as armored but they still remain a deadly threat even after death as I imagined them as like berserkers wielding two handed weapons like battle axes and great swords while in the armor.

Though I understand if you think it is to much work to be done as really ironically thinking about it has me growing lore about the armors and their wearers as well.

1 Like

It’s feasible but will take a long time because I would have to create everything. To create the armors that I previously made, I just used existing mesh and I only adapted to the skeleton of the character. For example, for Conan’s armor I just separated the elements of Conan’s body to make several pieces of armor. For the female version I just keep the collar and boots because the rest made it weird on a woman. For the female version of this armor, I used a piece of light Vanir armor by removing the fur to make the upper body and I used recolored elements of the Kambudjan shaman armor to make the wrap and the gloves.

Ymir religion armor is already in the Devkit, all the devs need to do is to replace the actual vanir appearance by the Ymir one, it take less than one minute to do. I dont know why they dont do it, cause the 3d model is ready to use and work very well. Only icons are missing actualy.

Nemedian scout armor already exists in the Devkit, but was not finished because there is no female version. I adapted the male armor pieces to a female body. Most of the rework was on the breast.

The ancient armor is the same way, it is simply the armor of Barrow King that I resized to human size and circlet come from Warmaker Klael. For the female I used the wrap of the Silent Legion armor and a piece of hyperborean chespiece armor.

All of this is quick to do and doesnt require advanced knowledge in 3d creation.

4 Likes

Thanks as i didn’t know how the devkit worked much. As you make it seem so easy to do with the armors that are in the devkit to me as where
I usually have to make three or two changes to my designs before saying it looks good when i do things on paper or in a program like 3D Max.

1 Like

Today update :

UI :

• Removed drum sound when you rollover inventory

Items :

• Added glowing light on Lantern Shield
  • Added blue glowing light on star metal weapons

Feat/recipes :

• Added Lemurian War-axe

Emotes :

• Razma of Shem can teach you new relax emote : Shift weight.
  • Braga can teach you new misc emote : Wounded.

5 Likes

Hello Exiled ! Mod is updated with new cool stuff :slight_smile:

Gameplay :

• New combat style : dual swords !
    Light combo : Execute a flurry of sword swings while advancing on your foe. Heavy combo : Jump at your foe and slash them, slowing them and then attack multiple enemies in a bloody sweeping arc.

Items :

• Foeshatter is now a 2 handed axe.
  • Lusttaker is now a T3 Derketo lvl 50 weapon
  • T4 Derketo weapon is now « Anger & Greed dual sword »

Feats/recipes :

• Weaver : you can now craft dyable loincloth and chest wrap
  • Journeyman mason : new T2 round pillar
  • Master mason : new T3, black ice and white marble pillars
  • When you learn Iron Broadsword, Abysmal sword, Cutlass, Falcata, Longsword, Ancient Khopesh, Hardened Steel sword, Acheronian sword, Dragonbone sword, Serpentine sword, Black ice lonsword, Telith’s lament, Lemurian sword, Obsidian sword and star metal sword, you can also craft the dual version of those swords.

7 Likes

Nice. Loving your work and all the progress!

3 Likes

Little fix today :

• Fixed Njonor Battleborn spawn issue
• Every T3 Heir of the North and Forgotten Tribe Thralls spawn rate up from 8 to 15%
• Every T4 Heir of the North and Forgotten Tribe Thralls spawn rate up from 1 to 5%

With my last update I Just found Njoror after 36 tries on this spot :

3 Likes

Nice update @Alex02 as I can`t wait to try it out.

1 Like

Today update :

• Heirs of the North and Forgotten Tribes Lvl 1 artisan spawn rate slightly decreased.
• Fixed lvl 4 Heirs of the North alchemist « Rokur » spawn issue.
• Fixed lvl 4 Forgotten tribes taskmaster « Marn the Breaker » spawn Issue.
• Lemurian alchemists now can be found in the Pagoda of Boundless Lust.
• Lemurian lvl 4 artisans, fighters and archers spawn rate increased.

2 Likes

Any hope of you adding

Siesse Blacktounge to your mod so we can make epic flawless reptile armor? Making one of the spawns in the volcano randomly spawn her?

One suggestion, if you have the time and energy, make a variant of the mod which is JUST bugfixes with no new content.