Monotheism ? Please the god, they give back

Wan’t to launch again this subject.

Doesn’t it feel wierd that one can worship 5 gods at a time ? I think it would make more sense if Religion would be monotheist only, and if we had to learn another one with the NPC, the old religious knowledge would disapear & be replace by the new one.

That way its still possible to switch religion, but impossible to grab all of them. (It could even add a bit of replayability for midnight grow aswelll)

The religions and gods are weird in the Exiled Lands, intentionally so. Conan himself speculates on this in his dialogue.

The gods themselves probably don’t care. Or maybe they don’t have power in the Exiled Lands. What we see as gods and religions are what the Exiles brought to the Lands, shaped and twisted to their own purposes. Weapons. So basically, you can own a Beretta, a Colt and a Kalashnikov in the Exiled Lands.

Yes and no.

Even if your statement is true, a worshiper with enouth time will be granted an avatar invocation. To me that ain’t a small thing, the worshiped god must have shine on his acolyte.

I don’t think such a restriction would be need for T1 altar, but T2 & 3 are real religious commitment, and the gameplay should reflect that.

Consider what counts as “religious commitment” in the Exiled Lands. Killing people, collecting their body parts (or soul parts, as it may happen) and sacrificing those on the altar. Is this something Mitra would want? Jhebbal Sag, sure. Yog, probably. Set, why not? Derketo, sure, death is one half of her portfolio. Ymir, maaaaybe? At least Atali and her brothers seemed to relish in the idea of beating up Conan in the Frost-giant’s Daughter.

But Mitra doesn’t make sense.

I don’t know the lore so good to know how religion is perceived in the books. But the history is full of politheists.

I mean, truly if in the real world each god worshipped can be summoned as avatar showing his presence, power and wrath… you would choose one of them instead of worshipping them all ?
Because I’d totally choose the second option in that case :smile:

well i’m not arguing about unrealistic system tied to the religion itself, but about his accessibility.

Altho i would certainly love a religion revamp with more lore-adapted gathering system and in depth-craft.

you have to think pre-antic if you wan’t to picture the Hyborian age. It’s brutal, violent, and raw.

An examble bein : Set love blood, sacrifice and black sorcery. Mitra on the other hand is apathic, peacefull and tend to believe miracle.
Set and Mitra are two enemy deit, but we have the opportunity to honnor them both, becide the fact that the valors of those are in total opposition.

Yes but what I mean is: if in a real world I have evidences of the existence of two gods, than if they want to fight each other, good, I wish all of them best luck.

It will be foolish to take part for one of them aggroing the wrath of the others :wink:

think the other wait, would they be please if you choose not to pick a side ?
When i was Rp’in a Set Priest, those who ain’t believed in set (and that include atheist) were pretty much ennemy to me.

It was convert or sacrifice

This was discussed some time before.

It’s not weird because lots of the different racial groups worship multiple deities. These are not monotheistic societies.

Edit: Even the Set/Mitra feud thing isn’t weird. Because you could simply be spying on the one religion for the one you really believe in. Being a traitor priest, or priestess.

indeed there was^^ that’s why i bring it back on da table, no shame when we see all those lifeblood tear/mount frustration ehe

Still not likely anything is going to come of it.

If you want to be a monotheistic character, it’s entirely your choice. But there is no reason why you should expect preferential treatment because of that fact.

there are mods that does this i know because I’ve made these mods… its not a difficult task to do if someone want to make it happen. you just basically remove all npc ability to give free religion and then increase the feat cost for T1 religion to be like 1 million cost… and there you only have one religion although id wouldn’t restrict the beast master religion as thats a dungeon earn right.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.