More Variety In Fur/Pelt Rugs Please

This started out as a reply in a seperate thread, however I liked the concept, so decided to turn it into a fully fledged stand alone suggestion too. We currently have only the one fur rug in the game, and I would love to see some more variety in them. Especially seeing as though animal fur rugs are such a great element of barbarian style. Furthermore, this would present a good use for some of the many animal pelts, a number of which have no actual use beyond hides and leather/tar production, which we all have an abundance of. For example, nice a furry Bear pelt rug, a sleek leathery Bat skin rug, a stylish spotted Hyena pelt rug, a Crocodile skin rug, a Wolf pelt rug to convey that sense of winter, and so on. Does anyone else agree?

19 Likes

Surely I am not the only member who would like to see some more variety in Rugs, especially Fur rugs? This presents a new opportunity for the many different types of animal pelts.

2 Likes

It would be cool. Especially if the rugs were the old fashioned kind that still had the heads attached. Imagine having a bear skin rug in front of a fireplace or a jaguar by a bed… just some ideas.

I’m always in favor of more placeables in general, but I do like this idea in particular.

3 Likes

Hey thanks JTtheDestroyer. Im actually in favor of both a head on and head off version of each, although to be honest I will happy with either. While we have plenty of rugs, we currently only have one type of fur rug. The thing with a lot of our existing rugs, such as the Khitan and Aquilonian ones is they just seem to scream ‘civilised’ and ‘luxury’ to me a little too much so. But dont get me wrong that is completely fine too, I always in favor of giving people more options and a greater variety. But for me personally nothing says barbarian like a good fur or animal skin rug. And as I said, we are really limited in this department at the moment (just one variant). The spotted Hyena one especially would make for nice bedroom addition. These shouldnt even be hard to code in; just a straight re-skin of existing ones.

2 Likes

Two words : bear rug.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support SuperDupetOtter. Two words, Bear rug you say!? Well allow me to follow up with two words of my own; Yes please!

1 Like

Ok, just one wee bump before I let this thread rest. I feel that animal Fur Rugs, (possibly even animal fur wall hangings) are at the heart of any savage barbarians finest and most staple interior decor. We currently have dozens of different animal types in CE, but only the one type of for rug. I for one would really love some more variations in fur rugs.

Would anyone else…?

1 Like

At least rugs won’t penetrate walls, like the flags do.

1 Like

i’d love to see more rugs… also some wall hangings like the tapestries that are in game already… just with more then 2 types…

1 Like

I’d love hanging some on the walls.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support NOGG, and thanks to all other members who have shown their support by liking the original post. Yeah I agree with both parts of your post, that we more rugs and wall hangings. Even just some more colour variations on the existing ones. Considering that the community has an insatiable thirst for more placeables, and these could well be as simple as reskining existing rugs, I really hope that Funcom will come to the party on this one.

Yeah that is exactly what I was trying to convey earlier Fable. Lets just say a spotted Hyena rug for example sake. It would be great if we had to versions of it; one which is placed on the floor as a normal rug, and one which is placed on walls lime a banner. I love it.

1 Like

I’ll bring this back to the top because I would very much love to see more rugs. A barbarian can only decorate so many ways with one style.

Give me a giant mammoth rug that would be the same as the large carpet in size, or a panther rug. (both would be epic). I murderlated the croc world boss the other day for the first time, and honestly, be kinda badass to have it somewhere in my main entryway.

I support the O.P’s idea.

2 Likes

Hey thanks a whole heap for the support Daleificient! Its really appreciated. And 10 likes too, I have always said that anything 10 or over is a great result on the forum.

This ^^ I couldnt agree more. I never even thought of a Mammoth fur rug. That would look awesome in my great hall. And the Panther one too. In fact any of the big cats would make for a great rug design.

We have SO MANY great animal options for Taxidermy statues and Trophy heads, but strangely only one for Animal fur rugs. I dont like to do this too often and be a pest, but I may have to on this one.

I think I may have to…yes. Yes…I may have to ask a CM on this one. @Ignasis…would you be willing to poke our awesome dev team and see if they would consider this one…!? Even if they are just some simple re-skins of existing ones? A barbarian needs all the animal furs he can get.

3 Likes

I would love to see that. Although I love all of the placeables, most seem way too refined. I would love to see items that would be found in Vanir or Cimmeria.

adding to this… I belive that all bosses should drop a pre-taxidermized head or (if applicable) a boss themed fur/hide/scale rug that could also be placed as a wall hanging

JT and NOGG, I certainly wouldnt object to a placeable world boss head too. :smiling_imp: Although it would be a bit of a monstrosity, if you ask me, a Vault kind of is too. Definately useful though. :slight_smile:

It would be a flaunt it if you got it type of object. I would envision something like that over a gatehouse or in a throne room

i would totaly dig a darfary human-skin tent / carpet / banner

1 Like

Bourgmestre As one of the forums single biggest campaigners for more brutality and gore, I would absolutely dig a nice human skin rug, and Im sure this guy would too @Necro. :smiling_imp: Although I have always found more brutality to be a very hard sell among the community for some reason.

2 Likes