Mother of all Patches PC Build 102943/18618 (05.07.2018)

Folks on our server have had this issue (pre-patch) it seemed to happen when logging in or zoning into a sandstorm or when a sandstorm was soon. Think it has to do with how weather loads when you zone/log in.

Workaround: always have your mask on you and if you are taking damage and see the debuff, pop that sucker on. (We call them in Discord so we generally know when a storm is on the map anyway)

1 Like

uhh. yea. I really have no idea whose bright idea it was to completely destroy obsidian but I certainly don’t appreciate it.

I can live with random bugs. Unlike most here. But when you start doing crap that makes my game experience worse on a basic level as farming resources, than we’re going to have a problem.

2 Likes

It’s not the patch. It’s global warming! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Confirmed Login bug (foundations) - crashes on UI’s - most Mods are somewhat or badly broken. AI is broken. Epics and Obsidian are more expensive (and having to visit the volcano just to make repair material for obsidian is annoying as heck as a mechanic - remove that - it’s ridiculous and Obsidian weapons and tools have garbage durability already - needed no additional balancing).

Overall, I REALLY wish I could rollback. I JUST paid for a year on your providing partner G-portal and it makes me very upset that you roll out such a bug-ridden patch. please hotfix ASAP. Don’t know why we haven’t received 2-3 hotfixes since it dropped already…

1 Like

Someone reported on Steam forums that they saw that armor’s temperature properties are not being removed properly from player character when you swap armors, which leads to a stacking amount of extra temp increase/decrease with subsequent armor swaps.

AFAIK, armor’s temp resistance properties is like an offset that gets added/subtracted from the current env temperature to determine the actual value to which your PC is being exposed to, so that might explain why people is having these weird issues.

I redirected the poster on Steam to post here on these forums, so hopefully we can get more info on this.

My 2 cents on the missing items/rollback cries.

The mesh change was a good thing, but people were not aware of the consequences. Maybe roll back and hotfux out the foundation improvement til the next August patch. Then warn folks in advance to live their stuff off of the triangle wedges.

Or, have the new mesh wedges be a new item ID and leave the old ones ‘as is’ but not craft able or spawnable going forward. (This would be assuming you do a rollback, which is sort of a damned if you do damned if you don’t kind of move. People will complain both ways.)

I don’t play on official so my thoughts may not be worth 2cents. But there they are. :slight_smile:

Roof gone because Vertical/Diagonal Support Beams dont give stability support anymore.
Why? for builders like me those beams was a send from heaven.

5 Likes

Single-player server, no mods

Have experienced many of the same issues as others, like avatar missing on inventory page (but not stats page) and the timers on the consumables not working as intended, but also wanted to include:
—Character is locked in perma-strafe, with the right analog stick’s camera attached to the back instead of separate as before the patch; it’s like the auto-target is always on now, and unless in vanity mode, cannot rotate to see the front or sides of the character
—All the items in the Admin Panel are no longer in alphabetical order
—The framerate is particularly poor, and stutters every few seconds, even in open territory away from large structures; the last time this happened to me after a patch for an online game, it was discovered that data collection software had been added unbeknownst to the player base, and once removed, the framerate and stuttering disappeared. Is it possible this is the case here?

2 Likes

Also seeing the Containers Ignore Ownership (but don’t) issue.
Strangely the Quickloot menu (when you aim at something) still works on “Open” containers.
But not locked ones.
Dropped items (Loot bags) also give a “You don’t own this” message.

Update: After some checking, it looks to be CE itself. I don’t recall reading about a change to “Containers Ignore Ownership” in the patch notes.
This was confirmed with a fresh server install through G-Portal.

People are seriously complaining on the serer I am on however, it does no good to talking about others, so here is what has happened to me:

I have lost all my thralls that were standing on anything other than ground.
The expire timers are seriously messed up and appear to jump every 4 seconds.
“b” no longer brings up the who’s online list.
I spawn into foundations or roofs.
I cant seem to give anything to anyone

This was really a bad idea. I really want to like your game, its fun to be part of a community, but when you cant even give anyone anything and are starving to death because the timer on your food is bugged, it makes me think the money I threw on the game and on the DLC was a poor decision. I want to like your game I seriously do, but for pity sake you seem to be more concerned with someone exploiting something minor than you do huge bugs. At least that is how it appears, please prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Black warpaints are green, Weird vibration when runnin or turnin, Chat box engagement turns screen black, ADD MORE EMOTES FOR ROLE PLAYERS… HAIR would be nice too…

Logged in and logged right back out. I love this game, but I feel like you fixed 100 things and broke 300.

2 Likes

Same. Lost a chest full of mats (three large chests on wedge foundations, one despawned before I logged in, second despawned when I disassembled a nearby well on other wedge foundations - did manage to save the mats from it), a blacksmith chest, a grinder, and a large campfire. Event log shows nothing. I’m really enjoying this game, but I’d heard the talk of bugginess. Sad to see it was more than just griping. I don’t want to tell you guys how to do your job, but perhaps you should be focusing on getting the base game to a workable level before doing DLCs?

1 Like

When I wake up tomorrow, there f-ing better be a patch to AT LEAST fix the bugs YOU ADDED.
Namely:

1. Timers of all sorts skipping, can you not count?
  2. Thralls disappearing, already lost thralls with silent legion armor and star metal weapons
  3. Crafting stations disappearing
  4. Spawning into foundations
  5. NPC AI

These are quite literally GAME-BREAKING bugs.

Oh, and this is literally the worst patch I have EVER seen. Fix your trash

3 Likes

2 of my T4 archer died from falling through ceilings. They where place at a high tower on our base.

1 Like

Gluttonous Gains (vitality perk) still doesn’t work.

only the grandpa of all rollbacks can help us now

5 Likes

Well before the patch my thralls would fight the monsters attacking the base/me just fine but now it seems they dont really care. Also every time I try to build something new it almost always just says it is overlapping with something. Why are you people making me rethink the 8 out of 10 I gave you. My brother bought this game because I told him about it and I even bought a steam copy for a friend. Please please fix the Thrall problem. if anyone attacks our base the should really should do more then just wave at them.

To clarify: I understand that you can’t just pull all the art people off of doing DLC work and throw them at bugfixing, and I understand that you can’t just have the art people do nothing for however long it’d take to fix things. That said, the game has a reputation for being unstable already, and you must understand how bad it looks to be asking for more money for secondary addons when the base game is known as having so many issues.

1 Like

Righto so problems with people unable to join multiple servers that have mods even tho mods have been updated and are in the correct order and servers have been updated and others have been able to join just a select few can’t.