Moving characters between 2 maps on 1 private server... How?

We are 3 friends playing together on a private server with Sawage Wilds as map + a few other mods, but we want to also be able to play on fx Siptah once in a while using the same characters instead of having a character on each database backup so that we are sort of travelling between our bases on the 2 maps(server database backups) while keeping all recipes learned from the previous map, is this possible in some way?

will Amunets server transfer work with database backups of maps on a single private server, I thought it only worked using more than 1 server?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions drachenfels, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

You can also ask in the Savage Wilds discord. Lots of very knowledgeable people there. But my own understanding is that each map requires its own server if you want to be able to travel back and forth between them.

That actually would work, yes. Upload to the cluster, then switch the map on the server.
However, every player would have to upload before switching maps.

Not the most elegant solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, we appreciate it very much :slight_smile:

We ended up deciding that it wasn’t worth the risk to try and move our charcters between server backups of different maps every time we wanted to them, so we now each have a character and base on both maps totally not connected in any way - Hopefully Funcom will someday make it so that the transfer system can be set up so that we can upload our character, load a different server database/map and move them into the clans there :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.