Nemedian DLC is pay to win

You can also not place bombs through the sides of the nemedian gateframes and a drawbridge:

Nemedian gate frame:

Other gate frame:

Well, looks like you were wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ohh lord please no…
I get it, pay2win, but we can call many things pay 2 win

2 Likes

i have no doubt that you can put a lot into the pay2win category if you are just creative enough.

…but my answer was never meant to add any real value, which is just putting me on the same level as the opening post :man_shrugging:

sometimes it is easier to adapt to the level, sometimes it is harder… i think i succeeded well here :crazy_face:

I get it too. As long as it does not affect you, you don’t care :slight_smile:

2 Likes

correct and i still think that there is at least 1 game mode in conan exiles that could be removed without replacement. the people who play it are constantly cursing and swearing. if everything is so bad, then you might as well leave it alone and remove the mode. that would benefit the other game modes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Interesting advantage.
This one would still rate it lower than Siptah on the spender edge category, but still a point of notation.
Now this one must putz around and see how those pieces work with object collision.

and how exactly would that benefit the other game mode?

this is actually obvious. if you look at the nerfs of the last few years, they were almost exclusively initiated by one game mode and almost always had an impact on all other game modes.

so if you remove this particular game mode then all others will automatically benefit from it. probably not retroactively since no one will give us back the already destroyed content, but definitely in the future :sunglasses:

1 Like

Comments like this I will ignore from this day on
It makes no sense and it adds nothing to the converstaion

So you’re the lucky last…

1 Like

Do you have any specific nerfs you think of here?
cause as far as I recall, the biggest nerfs has happened due to the opposite spectre crying about it. which goes against everything you have just said :smiley:
almost all updates the past 3 years have been a downgrade to the pvp aspect of the game, having a negative impact. i can mention the 3 biggest, Dodge/Roll change, healing change and at the latest the cancel of animation.
Now how have those 3 had any negative impact on the PVE aspect of the game?

its a problem its people like you whispering in the devs ears on discord, when literally everything you have said so far have been wrong.

Yes. Believe it or not, there is combat in this game outside of against other people.

5 Likes

if there wasn’t pvp the game wouldnt survive or profited on its own merit or dlc sales.

it takes it outside the genre of survival pvp and slap down into divine divinity skyrim territory, and it just wouldn’t compete with its near total lack of voice acting, quests, etc.

1 Like

and in what way would you say it has had negative impact in your combat experience?

Just curious, where did you get that statistic from? Do you have access to sales figures the rest of us don’t?

2 Likes

More or less the same as pvp I’d imagine. All these changes slowed down combat, made fighting numerous enemies at once more difficult, and made health a more metered resource given the chore of healing now. Difference I’d wager is most of us adapted and moved on instead of lingering on the past

its pretty logical just compare it to any game in its genre, and take anecdotally any pvper who would never play pve because its zero challenge theres little purpose and the AI is terrible, niche RP and a halfway designed ARPG with no quests voice acting, challenging bosses etc doesn’t really sell, why would you play this over skyrim, Elden ring? shadow of war or anything else.

live in the real world and the sales figures of survival games with pvp vs without speak for themselves.

Near all the games blurb on its steam store page for instance is referencing pvp

… Survive freezing cold temperatures, explore loot-filled dungeons, develop your character from a lowly peasant to a mighty barbarian, and fight to dominate your enemies in epic siege wars.

tell me how many dafari have you laid siege to with a treb on pve XD

Wage war using swords, bows, siege weapons, and even take control of giant avatars of the gods to crush the homes of your enemies in epic battles.

Carve out your piece of the Exiled Lands, taking it from other players if you must! Build siege weapons and use explosives to break down the walls of your enemy’s city. Place out traps, recruit thralls, and build defenses to keep your enemies from invading yours.

Fight vicious monsters and other players using an action-oriented, combo-based combat system. Dodge, block, and learn to master the true art of combat to become the greatest fighter in the Exiled Lands. Slay using bows, daggers, swords, axes, and more.

This is centre stage in their prime first eyes impressions of the game so yeah strip out 90% of the store page so its “survive a purge, build a castle no one can ever touch and play super friends care bear’s in an aesthetically conan world” and I am sure the sales will hit record highs, you have cracked it lads, PVP was the problem all along.

2 Likes

I’ve been a PVP player from the start, real “PVP” not an off line raider coward. I have never off lined anyone unless they did it to me first, and even then it was because they logged out rather than defend.

The state of PVP now is catering to the coward in that off line raiding is the meta and with the ability to transfer away they do it without fear of repercussion.

All of the old guard PVP people I’ve known from EA days have abandoned PVP altogether.

9 Likes

So no statistics

Well first of all, rude

Secondly; since we’re running purely on anectodes not facts let me share with you why I’m here in all my pve glory.

• I play games to have fun. I don’t find getting bitter and fighting with people fun.
  • This isn’t purely an RPG. Elden ring doesn’t have base building or survival mechanics. Skyrim is… skyrim.
  • This game has some of the best lore on the market right now. Hard to top that for people who actually care about story.

Now to retort your comparison of genre;

Not all survival games are pvp. Not all survival games have to be pvp. Look at Valheim, it way outsold Conan and it’s purely pve. If you want to look at hard numbers, try Battlemetrics. You’ll see statistically a large portion of players prefer pve.

Your choice on how you prefer to play doesn’t shape what’s actually the most common.

The biggest allure of Conan and it’s biggest weakness is it has something for everyone, and needs to find a balance for that. It’s being tugged on both sides to cater to pvp or pve by the corresponding parties. But at the end of the day it’s a jack of all trades, not a master of one. I don’t think it’ll ever get to a point where everyone is happy. No game can do that. Trying to chase that is a fruitless task

1 Like

My clan and I play PVP specifically because PVE servers on Xbox are awful. Huge sandstone cubes, stupid foundaton towers from ground level to the skybox, etc. It’s a nightmare on our processors. We play PVP because at least here we can blow up the offending structures and still make something half decent of our own. We’re not alphas, and with our work/life schedules, we can’t be alphas. But the alphas on the server are really awesome guys, and we’re on good terms with them. We know that if we get offlined, then the alphas will hunt the offenders to the ends of the earth to find them, and honestly that makes it good.

If PVP didn’t exist in Conan, I wouldn’t play it. I get bored in single player, and PVE/PVE-C carries the “Giant Stiffy to Heaven” problem. If I wanted a survival game without threats from other players, I’d go back to playing The Forest.

None of this is to say that PVP should be the central focus of Conan, nor am I saying that only PVP matters. What is important to me may not be the same for someone else, and PVE players have their own set of priorities.

Back to the topic of the OP: This gives me even more reason to build with this new DLC. I already like the new pieces aesthetically, and now I have even more reason to use it!

2 Likes

Willy is love. Willy is life. All hail the Willy

4 Likes