Nerf to POI Experience will inevitably kill this game

, ,

Or a 5 buck a month fee to play online and hire ppl to regulate servers

1 Like

I’ve seen you post those thoughts in multiple threads and it’s quite accurate.

Is there a responce from funcom about EXACTLY WHY they don’t want moderators? Not moderators for language or any other subjective nonce, moderators for people explicitly breaking the CoC/ToC/WhatEveR. I’ve read a few coverall responces but I can’t find an actual reason why. Money? Effort? What is it?

If they’re worried about being subjective, just don’t moderate the chat or rude beheivour. Atleast moderate people exploiting the game or cheating.

This is easy. Shut down the official servers. Let the players host and moderate themselves. I guarantee we’re much better at it than Funcom could ever be.

Hell the server I play on can hold 70 players and maintain 20-30 server FPS at capacity. Funcom’s servers are 40 and struggle to get over 5fps with 30 players.

The one I play on already did. So I dunno what point you’re making there.

U should really make ur own thread called unofficial ftw bro, its all i see from u. Go to unofficial. Guess what? Ppl want official servers. U enjoy ur boosted rates n woteva rules u like. Some of us like official…

1 Like

Nope. You’ll just have to deal with it. These are the official forums, you need your own not to see what I post.

Lmao, u reported my post. Awesome.

From single player gaming, to Co-op, to renting or joining private servers, Funcom allows players a variety of server options to accommodate their game play preferences. IMHO, the official servers should be the standard and hardest to play on. If a player wants to play on easier game modes then they should opt out of the official servers and choose one of the other options that allow for easier game play adjustments.

I say this because no one game play option is going to satisfy 100% of the player base. We all have different opinions as to how we want to play the game. As far as leveling is concerned, I think that the way it is now is fine for the standard game mode on official forums. We all know that If Funcom makes it too easy then they will get a lot more players reaching level 60 in a few days, if not hours, and then complaining that the game is boring and there isn’t anything to do at end game. Truth be told, many are saying that as it is now. If a player wants to make it easier there is always the option of choosing any of the other options and adjust the game play difficulty level to their individual preferences and satisfaction.

Funcom will never be able to satisfy everyone, no matter how hard they try.

2 Likes

I want official servers because I’ve kind of rely on that they will not gonna be wiped every now and then, there will be no change of the rules every 2 weeks, depending of the mood of the admin, there will be as hard as possible and etc. And the main thing is that I expect that they will stay as long as possible, because you never be sure on this with the private ones.

I wan’t as less moderation as possible:

• Code of Conduct
  • Hacking and Exploiting
  • Griefing
  • Misconduct

Actually if there is no that many ways to exploit the game and to cheat - I will spend my time on the game itself, not in the forums and I’ll NOT gonna want any moderation at all.

Conan Exiles should be cruel world, to be as hard as possible, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE because of couple of cheaters.

And that’s all. I don’t care of what people are talking (always can mute them), I don’t care if they raid on or offline, I don’t care if they are way too aggressive and so on.

If your game is that broken - take other measures until it’s fixed.

1 Like

after you hit alot of journeys yes you sit around 30ish…for a long long time, poi’s isnt the problem, crafting xp is the problem its waaaay to low for most things, as you do tons of crafting at low levels but the xp for it is basicly non existant, but overal you should speed up all leveling by a good 50% maybe 100% but eh just a buff is needed to keep it at a good speed, the game really opens up at 60 so why try and force them to stay low level for so long and hold back the game?

1 Like

Have you tried crafting T3 building peices yet? You get a huge bump in XP per block, even for walls and roof pieces. The resources aren’t hard to get, it’s just slow unless you gather in bulk or have friends to help gather resources. It helps to have T3 furnace/blacksmith thralls and multiple furnaces (if you’re going for stone). Gather a huge amount of stone/wood/steel in one session then you can have all the ‘bench’ thralls work on their bricks/wood/reinforcements while you plan out a base with sandstone.

Honestly once you unlock T3 building at L30 just spend a couple hours farming resources. You can level up with ~20 foundation block haha. Heck even the doors give you a hefty jump.

I’d be nice if you COULD gather steel, as it is you have to gather thousands of iron first, and brimstone, and tar, one way or another. I probably nerfed myself trying to set up a base in the desert, I had to fight lots of rockheads just to get a few hundred iron, and then I used it up fixing my tools, and weapons. When I got steel, finally, I use it all up getting stuff fixed, never had more than a dozen or so surplus.

You can find tonnes of steel up north. In the highlands (the grassy place) there’s a fairly high chance any humanoid will drop like 5-15 steel each. And you’re all but guarenteed to find steel in any chests up there. In fact i’ve never even made steel correcty, a quick visit to new arsegarth gets me like a hundred stack, so with T3 blacksmith that’s a 1:1 of 100 reinforcements.

But down south, yeah bit harder. In fact much harder. I’d recommend traveling up north to new arsegarth, pillaging the shyte out of it a couple times, then return back with several of stacks.

2 Likes

I would blame the male reproduction organ, but its more of an issue caused by a bugged brain or something like that. For some reason some people are jerking off jerks - telling others they do, even kind of asking others to help them.

And if you’re asking about that specific case… Well.
Him 60, having returned after months, asking for some starting help like tools.
Me ~30, probably being too friendly, deciding to help him out.
Becoming neighbors, later joining his clan.
After most of the new base was completed, he had to go and act disrespectful.
Couldnt sleep the night before leaving him a message (nothing too unfriendly, simply explaining why) grabbing my stuff, leaving the clan, going to south river, stashing the stuff for restarting away and recreated my character. Plus having changed the steam name.

Yep. It’s just as crazy as it sounds.
The only thing that helps is quitting any communication.

For leveling, the biggest issue I have seen is people get complacent. They stick ti one area/ tier level and just build that. The problem is, unless that is tier 3 stuff and high level enemies, you quickly reach a point of diminishing returns, with what you craft or kill not generating enough XP to level.

When I was level 20, gators were deadly and helped me level quickly. At 30 I could solo them and still get XP. By 40s, they were worth nothing. This progression is designed to push you forward. So if you are not leveling fast enough, move forward towards the harder areas of the game. The same is true of structures. T1 sandstone is for low levels. Once you get to tier 3, you can level up building a big castle even without exploring.

One more thing… Look, solo is hard! Just like in real life. Surviving as a lone hermit is much harder than living on a tribe or society. If you don’t want to start over solo… Find some friends. Use the forums and find a clan you can enjoy before hopping on a server.

There are many people who will be happy to help. We’ve help a few by meeting them at the end of the desert with some survival gear, items to complete some of their journeys, and an offer to join our clan. And if they don’t want ro join, the help is still given. Even if we never see them again or they go make the biggest rival clan, it starts things off on the right foot.

1 Like

Its weird, I totally forget most people actually build in the south still.

Whenever I start off, I’m killing wolves and elkkings with stone weapons in the north near New Asgarath or Mounds of the Dead.

Its tougher, but you level so much quicker there. Its sad though. There’s no real reason to have bases in the desert or jungle.

1 Like

And I respect it, but from a PVP player you might consider one tiny bit of insight: any horrible gank (unskilled, cheaty, glitchy) who ate POI and made 60 is now effectively stuck on that server. I have seen it a few times – they can’t hack it so they stay. Sure that means we have a few dead zones or dud servers, but that’s better than having these griefers all over the place.

Well I actually just tarted over on a private server with reduced XP gain (on top of the nerf). So yea I have no problem with that what so ever.

1 Like

The biggest thing that will kill this game is the DC issue. If people can’t play the game then it won’t survive.

The Xp from exploring nerf is terrible. What it is doing is allowing the alpha clans who already are 60 and have nothing better to do but build bombs or build enough to raid anyone’s clan who has maybe one or 2 60s and get their supplies for bomb making. What happens is the alphas stay there and force smaller groups to struggle to get to 60 so they can retaliate as a group whilst struggling to build a non rat hole hidden base. Even then if they’re not stupid they’ll go around breaking anyone’s base without a door with impunity and will have no consequences as there’s no one to stop them, while they burn every possible threat or anyone who didn’t give them the spot they wanted. The best part is these clans go around threatening people and making groups move servers thus killing the population.

Reducing the exploration xp is just a boon to larger more aggressive clans who have already gotten to 60 pre xp nerf patch.

1 Like