New decay system is trash

, ,

Your new decay system on official is absolute garbage. My map room by the abyssal remnant disappeared after 5 days. That is not nearly the 408 my repair hammer said it had last time I checked (5 days ago).
If you want to implement this decay system then fine I’ll work with it. But for the love of all that is (un)holy, make sure I actually get my 408 hours.
This map room building wasn’t the first thing to do this. Part of my main base that I am at everyday vanished yesterday and the event log says decayed.

Stop with you BS new content and DLC and fix your game.

And DO NOT GIVE US ANYMORE “Thanks for the input” OR “We’ve been listening” CRAP. YOUR ENTIRE PLAYERBASE JUST WANTS EVERYTHING TO WORK RIGHT FIRST!

2 Likes

The default maximum decay time on official servers is 144 hours. The higher decay timer was only from beginning of July until 13 August 2018, to be kinder to the USA and EU/UK player base who had summer holidays over that period.

Note: there is a poll going at the moment for people to vote for what they’d prefer the default official decay timer to be.

Re: parts of your base disappearing - it is possible that different parts of your base will have lower max decay times if the game does not consider them to be connected. Example: my stand-alone dryer rack not on a foundation and my fish trap in water a short distance from the larger house was viewed as being part of my main base so got 144 hours. My lesser wheel of pain on foundations about the same distance as the other items was not and got a maximum of 36 hours.

1 Like

I play on PS4 official 3801 and our decay timers are 408 hours and change.
And the parts of my base that disappeared were ceilings and fences that were snapped to it. Note that not all of them disappeared, just random ones, and they were in my event log as destroyed by ruin system.

If the decay system did change, why wouldn’t they have a message pop up saying so upon loading?!

It doesn’t solve your issue at all, but it was mentioned in the PC patch notes for 13.8.18 that the decay timers were returning to the default 144 hours across ALL platforms:

“As we mentioned in the Hotfix thread on the 7th of July 15, the decay timers are being decreased back to their original value again today on all platforms.”

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t get the memo…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.