Decay system how is it so far?

Hey Exiles,

I am just wondering how the decay system is working so far for anyone playing on a server that has it on. Is it doing anything wonky like deleting building before the timer is up or if a bench is just on the gorund? Basically just trying to find out if its stable thanks!

Lots of reports saying it’s broken all to hell. People’s stuff keeps disappearing much too quickly.

Also it appears that the timers tick down even if decay is disabled. So if you have a server and turn it on, buildings are going to collapse all over the map.

Its abit to Quick, spec when ppl are not able to log on and reser the timer. spec when you have some outpost around.

On Xbox it seems ok on the official PvE servers. I think it’s like 144 hours for my buildings. I have 3 separate ones. On a private server with decay on I am seeing 300+ hours before decay i think.

A single torch alone will disappear in about an hour though.

where do i go to see these decay timers? I play on official servers only.

Use a repair hammer and look at everything.

Well i guess what i am asking is it working as intended?

No. It’s not. Hopefully soon.

Do you have some links to post saying its not working i cant seem to find any and with some people on this thread saying its working and some people saying its not more info would be much appreciated. (that are after launch I know pre lauch it was broken)

I’ve seen quite a few more than this, too.

The launch build was mostly the same as what a lot of us were playing on weeks before official release. The testlive build. It was broken then, so it’s still broken.

so the first 3 are from two weeks ago before lauch the guy talking about wheels going poof said they dont have decay on so thats not a decay bug and the other guy is talking about a wheel to so i am assuming its all the same problem. I cant find any posts saying the timers are not working.

Yeah I know there are more that talk about decay issues but sometimes people don’t use words to make them easily searchable.

Also, sometimes people have decay on and aren’t aware of it. In singleplayer/co-op, normal mode says decay is off by default, but it isn’t. So stuff starts disappearing for no apparent reason.

Here’s how it works, you spend hours or days harvesting and building, then while you’re asleep new players come and clog up the server population and either build crappy unimaginative box houses near you, or you cant get back into the server for days, and when you finally can get in, all your stuff has been demolished.

So, you go join a newer, less populated server, you spend hours or days harvesting and building, then while you’re asleep new players come and clog up the server population and either build crappy unimaginative box houses near you, or you cant get back into the server for days, and when you finally can get in, all your stuff has been demolished.

So you find a newer, even less populated server. you spend hours or days harvesting and building, then while you’re asleep new players come and clog up the server population and either build crappy unimaginative box houses near you, or you cant get back into the server for days, and when you finally can get in, all your stuff has been demolished.

So you just start playing solo until the new PVE conflict servers come out, and you hope upon hope that you dont spend hours or days harvesting and building, and while you’re asleep new players don’t come and clog up the server population and either build crappy unimaginative box houses near you, or that you can get back into the server and save your stuff from being demolished.

2 Likes

Yeah not being able to log in is a problem too. :slight_smile:

Ok thanks guys think i got all the info i need :slight_smile:

It WAS a Decay problem. I had set up my server prior to Launch Day, and when I wiped it for launch, it apparently reset the Decay settings. It defaulted to “on”, which wiped our freestanding wheels.

Does logging in reset decay timer? Or do you have to physically interact with each piece?

I believe you have to come within range of the structure you built for the decay time to reset for the connected structure.