New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

If your intention was to “unite the game community” you got it, you are all coming together, but in a negative way as a form of total revolt and repudiation, so much so that you don’t even talk about mounts anymore … that is, they managed to take the focus off From something good for the game to focus on something that everyone claims will destroy every proposal powered by 2 years, I AGREE! I agree with all of them!

I don’t understand the company’s positioning, talking about “consoles” in a general way, the PC and Console servers are “separate”, no one can play on the same server on different platforms, so how to make “changes” on PC servers will To help the consoles, would it not be logical to limit the slaves logically to the console servers, since everyone who plays on consoles knows their limitation?

It’s just that I bought a very expensive video card now to pay for people who paid $ 400 on a consele, and we DO NOT PLAY ON THE SAME SERVER! and never would anyone playing on a console ever get close to my base, since they can’t get in a bunch of PCs.

I made a new forum, and I already participate in all others related to this, as I already exposed a lot of game in PVE and the slaves are very important for us, unfortunately more than for you of funcom that only sends agent kills them as if if they were NOTHING.

But surely I needed to raise this question, the feeling is that all of us who played on the PC for 3 years were mere “guinea pigs” for the game to prepare for consoles and now we are disposable!

Thanks for making the steam community mere sponsors for the game to be developed for PS4!

It is very “suffered” for me is harshly criticizing the team that I have praised so much in recent days.

9 Likes

And all this movement only from the few people who read the ad, almost no one goes to the game page on steam periodically to see if there is news of the game.

IMAGINE! when all players see their slaves gone out of nowhere, this will become hell!

3 Likes

Hey there,

If you didn’t know -otherwise, don’t mind this part-, mounts will be implemented in December, see for more information

1 Like

yes I know the mounts will arrive in December, I always say this is great, I also think the slave leveling system is great, I just don’t think the limit of 50 slaves in PVE for PCs is great!

Speaking of the announcement on Steam, did you happen to notice the part that says the numbers on that cap are not final and simply represent the growth of the cap when it comes to clans?

Did you also notice the part that says the reason why they are doing this is not exclusively because of console limitations? And that they want those big, ginormous land claims to be more difficult to defend.

I ask because your post really does come off as if you just read “50 thralls” and “consoles” and went from there.

3 Likes

So Funcom have said that server resources were not ready for a mount system, which btw the community have been calling for. In order to free up server resources funcom say they are experimenting with thrall caps, they stated themselves this is not a fixed final cap, obviously they are testing different caps and starting low and then increasing it higher is much better than doing it the other way around.

Communities reaction is to rage and scream revolution on the forums, the very same community that has been begging for a mount system and more improvements. Do you see the problem here, in order for Funcom to give you what you want they need to make adjustements, they need to stop people having 500 + thralls per player because it takes up server resource… go figure. But then you lose your mind about not being able to have as many thralls???

Most private servers put a thrall cap in place long ago because it just helps with general performance overall. why do you think only official players and single player are the ones mostly complaining? private servers lag less because most have rules in place to stop players building map sized bases and trying to capture every thrall they see.

Seriously how the hell can people be so short sighted, all you can see are the thralls you will lose, you can’t see the improvements that a thrall cap will allow funcom to bring. I for one choose improvements such as mounts and a thrall leveling system over being able to tame 1000 thralls and sit in my lag filled base.

It’s not about the console players, that is just as short sighted to assume, sure it will prob help console players game stability but the main reason the cap is being experimented with is to free up server resource to implement the new developments they want to bring into the game. Don’t you think that if this was simply to improve the console experience that it would only be being implemented on console servers?

So make up your god dam mind already what do you want? you want to be able to tame 1000 thralls and have them lag around your map sized bases or you want new game mechanics such as mounts and a thrall leveling system. You can’t always have your cake and eat it my friend…

5 Likes

I don’t believe there are grounds for thinking the Thrall Cap is coming only because of consoles - though I could of course be wrong about that. I do believe the extreme thrall/animal spam impacts servers for PC and console both, however.

4 Likes

well they did remove the feed obligation which could have dealt with a lot of the overpopulation (stupid move) So now I’ve got like 50 thralls near my base since a month from a guy that quit and they just keep standing there. Dunno, maybe he logs in every once in a while just to have his thralls survive but that’s where things go wrong. Have people work to keep their followers alive like it used to be and ffs give us a dismiss option before you install this patch so we don’t have to jump through hoops killing off our excess followers.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have two problems with this statement of yours:

1. You’re not taking into account the many people who are actually happy about the new limitations. You’re only seeing the vocal part of the community who happen to agree with you. This is called “confirmation bias”.

2. I’m not part of your “total revolt and repudiation”. Please do not presume to include me in your protest. I don’t care either way about the limitations, so I have no reason to rise up on the barricades with you.

As i said in another thread recently, and as I’ve said many times in the past - we’re not a homogenous community who speaks with one voice. We’re a very divserse group of players who want different things out of the same game, and Funcom is facing an impossible task if they try to please everyone.

I must remind you that like many changes to the game, the thrall limit is a feature that has been requested by players. So stating that everyone is up in arms against this feature is nonsense.

5 Likes

I welcome thrallcap with both arms. To many people have no selfrestraint when given to much freedome.

3 Likes

I want to make it VERY CLEAR that I don’t come here just “complain”, on the contrary !!! I’ve always been giving tips and compliments to improvements, so make it very clear!
When you say that I would be “dumb” for not noticing that it was said that the 50 was an “undefined” number, yes I noticed, and that’s exactly what we are talking about !!! We are arguing that for PVE on PC it is not a “realistic” number, precisely because on PVE on PC collecting slaves is the greatest mechanic.
I even acknowledge that “it was a little hard”, but always in all texts I participated I made it clear that I am not a hater of the game, on the contrary, and that I do not disregard the “advances” of the game, I always made it extremely clear.
I did not understand the fact that you are “offended” by the fact that I do not share the same “thought / purpose” of yours, in a later comment on another forum I even reported that the company must already be doing a “Demage control” "based on public reception.
I do not make the line of people who “accept what is imposed on me if I do not agree”, this is called people with ‘personality’ I even encourage you to do the same, just as it came to ‘disagree’ with me, will 'fight "for your interests as well.
I’ve been reading hundreds of comments, both here and on the official post on stem, I think I’ve read them all, and I’m absolutely “touched” by the comments and reports.
I’ve been playing the game for almost 3,000 hours, in the last few months I had been discouraged, but recently I cheered up again, so much that I came back, and come here to compliment it, to praise the team’s “achievement” of having worked so brilliantly to the point. to bring back a “lost” player, so it must have happened to many.
A little pressure is GOOD! and if criticism and complaints come from people who actually play the game, who actually buy all the DLCs, like me, they are valid, there are no valid screams from people who don’t care about that and just want to see the circus on fire, I am not the person you wanted to “paint” I am not ungrateful, I am not incomprehensible and I am not stupid, but I am not inert to situations I do not agree with, are we combined?

Yeah, I think it’s a matter of having a bunch of AI standing around and cycling processes over and over. When you get 100s-1000s of them on a server, along with regular spawned AI, lag is going to happen.

I’m sure they could / and will optimize things further, but I definitely agree, I don’t think this is being done solely for the consoles.

Again, why?

Just because there are thralls means nothing. The same with buildings. Only when a human player is in distance, THEN sth happens.

Thralls and buildings are two entirely separate categories, they can’t really be meaningfully compared in terms of server drain. If I was going to try anyway, I’d say you could probably build a multi-level tower for the same “server cost” as a single active Thrall (“active” meaning fighter/archer/dancer/bearer, ie “non-crafter”).

As for them being inactive while no-one is around, that is true as far as it goes, but unless your server is virtually deserted, someone is probably around often enough that all buildings and thralls contribute SOME cost at several points throughout the day. Additionally, peak time, when servers are pressed hardest, is also when the “deadzones” are least likely to come into effect.

1 Like

@tjhoban Did you ever tried a private server, maybe your own private server as an admin? If not I really would recommend this. Best reason: You already played 3000 hours - now it is time to build up a server, where you can play like you want to play. Build up a group of players who will help you with such a project. There will be a setup for the Thrall//Pet cap for private servers (I guess up to 400) and there are so much more possibilities. And at least you will be able to play with mods like Pippi, GCam,AoC, Emberlight, LBPR and so much more .
Do it :+1:

1 Like

I welcome the thrall cap and actually wish FUNCOM would return to the feeding requirement for thralls. I also would very much like a land claim cap.

2 Likes

it all depends were your base is.

And seeing that people start asking for “land/building cap”, I can only say anymore: Lets see what Funcom shows in todays stream.
Maybe its the end for me. Was a fun ride, but “cap here, cap there, no retroactive this, no retroactive that, nerf this, nerf that”.

Its as I said, it just feels like a beta and sometimes even alpha (relic hunter bug).

And lets see if new content comes with the mounts patch… Because, whats fun there? Running around the same things? Woooow… And for that Funcom pissed off so many player with the cap :smiley: :smiley:

Aye sure. As a long-time poster ‘round these parts I can say that anything and everything you can imagine (and lots a sane person cannot!) has been suggested at some point, without necessarily getting added to the game. My point being, someone suggesting something is way premature to worry about. Particularly something (like hard building cap) that Funcom has previously said they didn’t want to do.

A Follower limit being a de-facto soft cap on building is probably true, but the distinction between a hard and a soft cap is impossible to overstate.

And you don’t see that as a problem? People are going to go near that location from time to time. You’d at minimum expect the owner to pop his head in every now and then.

It’s not like there’s some big announcement that everyone should stay far away from a particular spot on the map after someone reaches however many thralls will lag the server. Nor should there be. Why should a section of the map suddenly become off limits to everyone just because someone horded so many thralls that any time somebody goes near it there’s lag spikes?

I will repeat again what I have already commented in other forums … agent did not find the idea of ​​"limiting" a number of slaves absurd, we all find the suggested number absurd, from 50 to 100 this is not realistic, the map is huge , the game itself is based entirely on the slave system, ESPECIALLY NO PVE.

We are not talking about a game where you play a 40 hour story mode and never play again, we are talking about a game that I am completing 3,000 hours (THREE THOUSAND HOURS) I did not miss typing.

What we found to be MISSING was a major “BIG” caution, BIGGER in the ad was extremely DISASTERING the way it was made, could never have been so “widespread” and especially it generated such outrage.

If Funcom had devised a ‘Goal Plan’ giving rise to every situation based on the technical and logistical need of each system, surely people would have felt WELL more comfortable.

Like for example:
CONSOLES: 50 slaves at PVP 100 slaves at PVE
COMPUTERS: 100 slaves at PVP 300 slaves at PVE

That would be realistic goals, now throwing such a PUMP on the fan, 50 slaves now go there kill all their slaves or go to a private server and live with it is insane.

Being a Fanboy doesn’t help a developer at all, being a hater too, now if you have people who are debating ideas and concepts, people who really care about your game, put the stool in front of me and start listening, because that’s people who will show you a different view from inside the studios you will NEVER have, in the end we pay for the game!

1 Like