New patch bleed damage - I have a bone to pick

Without increasing player health or increase what armor protects you from bleed, why add this new ridiculous idea? If 3 sabretooths can back you against a wall and bleed you to death with godbreaker armor in the shadebloom dungeon, how will you prevent this from being worse?

Why does funcom hate their fans?

1 Like

Some armor protection would be nice, there was a discussion about this earlier.

1 Like

It would be nice to have them minimize the effects based on class.
Class. Bleed. Poison. Cripple. Sunder.
Heavy. 4s. 4s. 10s. 4s.
Med. 7s for all
Light. 10s. 10s. 4s. 10s

Heavy has the most movement penalties which is why it would get the reduced time on status effects except cripple (and light has best against cripple to keep the movement adbmvamtages). Just an example, numbers could very.

3 Likes

Heavy armor is not god mode, and I do not in the slightest understand why you think you should not be bled to death after making whatever bad decision you made to be cornered by 3 of the most dangerous animals in the game.

Potions heal bleed immediately. If you want to run around doing whatever without consequence or risk I suggest Single Player->Admin->God Mode.

3 Likes

how u got cornered in js dungeon? not an easy thing to do…
many different factors takes action in what happened to u!
1st) how u got cornered,
2nd) what weapons u used
3rd) had any follower with u?
only the 1st attack of the saber applies bleed as fr as i remember (the two hands leaping attack ) and also has the fall to ground ability… u was running in a straight line trying to outrun a feline? let us know some more details plz

1 Like

Calm Down. Calm Down. Breathe. Now, it was just an example of how to make differences that matter vs in reality just cosmetic differences.

Man to excitement outside the box thinking can bring.

1 Like

And there is always away to be realistic pretties without being realistic. Heavy armor is thicker. There for the cut would be shallower from the hit. The points per sec would stay, and you could stack some. That is why I say it is harder to cripple with light. Less cumbersome. Again, just spit Allina a reason for every player to find a build that fits style. Stick and move, light, stand and trade Heavy. Medium some of both.

2 Likes

The OP specifically mentions a situation he got himself into that, quite frankly, he shouldn’t have survived.

Bleed isn’t a problem, lack of preparedness and tactics are the issue. If you die to bleed, it is quite honestly your fault.

There will still be bandages/healing wraps, that remove bleed.

Those are sadly not the bandages we had before Siptah EA launch, because people wanted animations on healing.

Now you can still immediatly remove bleed with a bandage but you have to wait 2.5 seconds until you can roll out of the animation.

In this timeframe it is somewhat easy that something or someone re-applys bleed to you.

2 Likes

I would even give sunder 10s in your example here, because it is meant to reduce armor so a good heavy armor counter.

2 Likes

There will always players that will make complaints about the difficulties of the game and some saying how easy it is . Neither is true when you put sauce to prove your right , or you play for months lvl 60 full epic legendary , forgetting how you get there . @Ragnaguard is totally right (you too ofcurce) , if you won’t calculate correct your moves , if you saw disrespect to the beasts called sabertooth , you have no reason to stay alive . It is not your armor that will get you out of trouble or help you to win your fights , but your respect to your opponents either pve or PvP . I believe that the PvP beast called @SirDaveWolf knows exactly what I mean .

ps They removed the herbal tea buff that stops bleeding ?

2 Likes

Yes they did

2 Likes

So infused wraps is the only way out of it now , use and dodge to avoid the heal or cinematic . I will allow some cooks to hit me today on Siptah to see if it works .

For pure bleed removal, I would suggest going for the cheapest possible, that allow dodge out of animation. (If all will remove and allow dodge, then go for the cheapest :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@SirDaveWolf ,I sence that infused are responding faster when they are on my wheel of choice , don’t forget I play on console and I might have different response than pc does , the game on console is similar , not totally the same , pc reaction was and will always be the best . Try aiming with a controller and you will understand :rofl::rofl::rofl: . Now with the bug to loose your lock on fight is very difficult . I know the bugs are many , yet we’ve seen worst m8 .

ps1 , please try a little pve , just you alone , in a small tier 2 wooden base decorated for you only with nordeimer topless dancers waiting for you in your cabin . It is very relaxing , trust me :wink: .
PS2 , don’t forget to bring @Barnes too , they dance better if he is present :rofl::rofl::rofl: .

1 Like

Good point. Also maybe leave poison alone as well. This would be rock paper scissors for cripple and bleed. Wearing heavy opens you up to major cripple, and light to bleed.

It’s always easier to blame game features than admit one’s own mistakes.

That said, even though the situation described in the first post was always meant to end in death, the discussion regarding armor types and their effect on status effects is an interesting one. Perhaps some armor types could make you more resistant to some effects. Then again, no armor should save one from the “carelessness” status effect because that’s an effect on the player, not the character.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.