New player animations

First of all i would like to say this game is quite awesome and i enjoy it a lot, but the new player animations that came with the latest patch remove a little the imersion, specially the hands on waist everytime i move and stop, even if i move just an inch he will throw his hands forward as if he was always insecure that he’s going to fall everytime he walks, where before he had always a strong presence and moved only when i wanted him to move which was good, i liked the fact the he was still while idling awaiting my control, the idea was ok to bring more detail into the game but it was perfect before and i would like to see these new animations gone, would also like to know what other people think about it.

That arm swing when I stop moving is driving me insane.

1 Like

I really like the idle animations, it add so much more life to the game, without it the toons look like live manequeens instead of a person in the screen, even with the sounds, maybe turn a bit less often the female cough.

Now, we needed a stopping animation, because it makes the toon too “hard” when running then stop, thats why I think this animation was captured with that in mind, so it feels weird when walking or stepping low, if they add a variation of it when not sprinting I’m sure it would feel better.

1 Like

Well I hope too Zerog because I think these animations are too important for the game. I don’t know if that alone could be the culprit, I noticed something different with the filter ? Im not sure, but the graphics seemed a little bit “sharpened” and I didnt change anything on my settings or monitor, also, the handling on the toon look a bit different, but better than before, I loved what they did to the camera btw.

1 Like

My main issue with the idle animations is they seem to be client-side, so if you mention them in RP, you’ll probably get confused responses since no one else sees the same idle animations as you do.

You missed the leg lift to go with the arm swing as well god that’s annoying as hell but they say there looking into it now along with the moaning, apart from this the DLC is great well my personal opinion anyway.

1 Like

Yes the leg swing too, dlc was am awesome idea agree with you but this is just too much, we can have stop animation but a little more contended i think not so pronounced

I agree with you that we could have some stopping animation and others as well but not so pronounced and repetitive like that, and if they are afecting fps like zerog is wondering then i would rather not have them at all and keep my game smooth like before

I like idle animation but I don’t like stopping animation. My char grasps his belly just as if he had an appendicitis attack. It would make sense after sprint but not after running a few steps at moderate speed.

2 Likes

He dances while im making foundations because i just need to move a little bit at a time

1 Like

The problem is exactly that, since we have the same animation playing faithfully repeated all the time, we get this “strange feeling” as if something was out of place, like a saturated color/sound, so the repetitiveness makes ppl crazy, I think they’re aware of that actually, they just need to smooth the animation for walking a bit, I loved the fact we got several idle animations, having more than one for stopping wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

The stop animation should only apply when you stop sprinting, not running/walking and it would look a lot better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.