New Thrawl type please.. A Gopher

A new thrawl who’s only role in life is to run between the chests, workstations and other places in your base to fetch crafting materials. I’m crafting something which requires gold dust, the Gopher automatically goes to the grinder and grabs some for me. I need 200 shaped wood? The Gopher nips off to the Carp bench and returns with them.

The Gopher doesn’t do any actual crafting, they basically fetch things you have already in your base. (Go for this, go for that).

1 Like

I mean its a good idea but funcom will probably never implement something like this because of just how much coding and work goes into such a minor thing, plus i could only see that being extfemely buggy once again considering its funcom

2 Likes

It would be way easier I guess to connect chests with working benches, that needs no animation job as well. Yet nothing is stopping you to have correct organization to your base, witch means chests next to each working bench, so you and no other should have to run around to bring materials :man_shrugging:.
You know which materials are used in each bench so all you have to do is organize a bit and problem solved.

5 Likes

I just wanted to say that.

Peeps, just put the chests with the correct materials next (or on) to the workbenches, and that’s it. It is not rocket science.
Or even easier: put the materials into the workbenches’ inventories! I see SO MANY people putting stuff into workbenches that don’t even belong there. Meat and coal, gold coins in blacksmith benches? Tons of iron bars in firebowl cauldrons? WHY??

5 Likes

hehe, let’s get AI and Speech Recognition into it too.

Just say “build me an awesome base” and then watch the screen for 3 hours while it’s built for you by thralls. :smiley:

4 Likes

OMG!!! That’s the key right there. An Architect thrall that will make bases for you depending on their culture and tier! Get a Turanian T4 Architect and WOW will your brand new Turanian base (as long as you have the DLC) look amazing! Want it decorated, well go fetch an Interior Decorator thrall!!!

6 Likes

Make sure the decorator thrall says “fabulous” very often… they make the very best interior decorators! :smiley:

1 Like

As helpful as that kind of thrall might be, I have to agree with the others that the coding vs reward in this type of thrall probably isn’t feasible.

That being said, it would be nice to have thralls go harvest materials for you and bring them back to a central chest, cupboard, or vault. For example, Bearer thrall A, go get me some iron. Bearer thrall B, go get me some wood. The harvesting animations are already in the game. Just figuring out the code for the thrall to ‘go forth and gather’ and ‘bring X item here’ would be the part that would need doing (coding). And since Bearer thralls have the extra storage space, it makes sense to give them ‘gathering’ mechanics for expanded gameplay.

To be honest I’ve been there. Playing full encumbrance gathering every single thing and bring it back home spending at least 45 minutes going around and emptying my inventory piece by piece, deciding what was for dismantling bench too. Back then it seemed relaxing and I was enjoying it… not anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl:. But we had God thralls too, they were killing most on sight, so all I had to do is loot and skin, I was the farmer not the fighter, there goes the name Farm & Build. I remember in one private server I fixed a thematic village for base, so like the op I didn’t have chests near the benches, I had a great storage room to place every single thing in order alphabetical. It seemed a good idea at the beginning, but it wasn’t, it was really tiresome and frustrating, so I decided not to ever build again this way, no matter how beautiful it seemed it was a mistake.

1 Like

Hour 4: You receive a 2 week ban because your thrall built the new base too big. :laughing:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.