No chance to Kill an NPc or Animal with Bow

It seems you are a fan of bows. never try to kill animals with this weapon, I hope it will be as before to be able to do it

But that crazy health regen is really annoying and I just cant find and reason to convince myself to accpet it.

2 Likes

I know it is hard to fix the pathfinding and glitch problem, I just dont understand the meaning of giving such crazy health regen.

I wonder any designer noticed that glitch problem can corporate with this crazy health regen so well.

I have met a Abysal Remnant floating in the sky yesterday, I had plenty ammos, both melee and ranged weapons but I just cant do anything about it. Any ranged attack made nothing becasue that crazy health regen. I even standed under its butt and attack but there was no aggro.

1 Like

We have it, so why shouldn’t NPC’s? that is the way I see it. I would love for NPC’s to figure out the roll next tbh.

Assuming this has nothing to do with the fact that the Red Mother constantly peaces out and heads underground, I don’t have an issue with it. If it does, I certainly do.

Regardless, I agree with both sides, as well as that archery as a whole feels underwhelming, especially after the update.

You do realize that it will bring much more inconvenience to ranged player, right?

This is nothing relates to fairness. You make player able to climb everywhere, then you give them the right to use this as a tactic, and this is what “game” should be.

Please try to use ranged weapon and have some experience about this, then start to discuss about this.

1 Like

So now the NPCs can cheese us?
Hey, now I want the same Health Regeneration the NPCs have as soon as the enemy I was fighting against starts to run back, because I rolled a bit too far away, or the pathfinding bugs out or something like that.

That means, even with bleeding stacks like hell on me I would heal like crazy.
Before, the NPCs could move aorund the map because of this, they were interesting, now the are the same cookie cutter MMO static idiots.

Just teach them to climb, move around (evading) when not being able to engage, seek cover, Give every NPC at least stones to throw back, but no, instead they get the most cheesy mechanic of all.

1 Like

4th perk , aloe soup, haunch, healing potion
pretty much does it.

WOW, how did they never think of that? all they have to do is write this line in every NPC’s script --“Act like a human”. Gosh, how simple that was.

1 Like

I dont even realize that all NPCs include any non-human creatures all have “4th perk , aloe soup, haunch, healing potion”, thx for letting me know this. ;D

1 Like

Well they do now, and that is the compare you wanted. Players have heal that takes @2 to 3 seconds. And they can do it in mid fight even while engaged. So in theory, the instant heal to non-engaged, kited NPCs returning to spawn point is about equal to that now.

I dont want be someone keep whining about this but this change really broke many people’s playing style. I can accept a aggro and leash system becasue dragging boss through map to break other’s home in PVP server looks happened often, but NPC’s super healing rate doesnt make any sense.

I really doubt people who think it is just a tiny change play ranged weapons or not.

Pleae let us know your playing style. Melee main? A thrall leader? I dont believe a ranged player would think this is some fair and tiny change.

1 Like

I actually play multiple styles. I go ranged for some PVP raid defense, melee when in raiding. And some ranged when hunting food. Enough for you?

Yeah, just like I thought when I saw your comments.

You are a PVP players and every PVP elements (fairness between players) are rooted in your mind. There are no FAIRNESS between AI and player in EVERY GAMES’ PVE part, because it just wont happen. You are trying to convience us that PVP rules should work on PVE game, do you think it is logical?

2 Likes

No, but nice of you to assume and show YOUR bias against PVP dictates your communication with PVP players.

I actually enjoy many elements of the game. The PVP part for me is literally to give the game some degree of actual challenging difficulty. That is why i enjoy some of the last few changes, as now the environment is starting to actually challenge and make me SURVIVE. Bows were OP. Being able to kite NPC’s for rudimentary grind killing was boring. Now i have to think a little, and pay attention more. Sorry I enjoy combat, PVP or PVE, in a Conan lore game.

First I do not cheese, I play melee all the way do not even carry a bow , I do not need to cheat to win a fight with the dragon. I find that rude not every person in this game cheeses, some just play but having to heal is part of the game too and is not cheating or cheesing if every single time you move out of a bosses way to heal it heals up and runs home, this is not fun its frustrating and makes it no fun at all to play.

In fact this I think must make it easier for the cheesier and cheaters, run though the \Wine Celler, the bosses will de-aggro soon enough, run to end kill the big boss, bonus never had to hardly fighl, done never had to bother with rest of run at all as you can easy out run a mob right. Seems they just added an easier way to cheese. I myself enjoy a good fight but what fun about a fight that restarts every time you need to heal up and are not targeted on the enemy for more then a min.

2 Likes

No idea what you are using to heal but I can not heal 3/4 of my health in 2 seconds and you can not heal in the middle of a fight for as soon as the npc hits you your healing stops remember.

2 Likes

You could always do that. I have done that. Many times.
Even Warmakers, that is why we keep the keys. Because we run passed the 2 glowing dudes to get scraps. So, point does not help there.
and So far, i only had this happen once, and i had lag issues that i had to retreat. Otherwise, i have killed 10 +bosses since patch with the only change being me stayiing active during the fight, and not just spamming healing arrows.

As for Bows, maybe they aren’t intended to be the best way to fight a boss. Just like using daggers isn’t but some people may want to play a thief style archetype. If they choose to use only daggers, should we buff them to be boss killers as well. When they removed bleed on a few of the bosses it made it harder for them. Bows can kill NPC’s you just have to get better than spamming from a safe spot.

You are the ONLY PVP player that I feel hard to talk with. And seriously, You mentioned how you love and enjoy this game, but you still did not notice that after this patch, any altitude difference will reset the aggro. Yeah, you must feel nice that the game becomes more like your personal playing style, I can see how strongly that happiness sticks on your eyes.

1 Like