No thirst bug still around

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: [US ]
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

at reaching 100% thirst (IE full thirst “bar”) thirst will not go below 100% ever again. Usually, when first
running, thirst will decrease normally, but the moment you hit 100%, it stops going down.

Steps to Reproduce:

log into game - drink something that increased thirst bar until you reach 100% (general water sources and water skin work for sure - have not tried with various thirst quenching foods) - then wait about 5 minutes to see if thirst goes down at all. It doesn’t.

This is a bug that has cropped up before - I’ve had the bug since the patch before 2.5 (which I assume was 2.4 but you never know with development terminology), and I’ve been trying to find a solution ever since - I would really, REALLY like for someone to find a solution for me, as I love this game, and playing without thirst being a factor is really…distracting…to the survival mentality part of the game for me

You aren’t waiting long enough. They will stay at 100% for ten minutes.

This is intentional, because you get a 5% bonus to your stamina for keeping your thirst at 100%. Same thing for hunger, except it is a 5% bonus to max health instead.

1 Like

so, I just found your reply on an identical topic - my question still stands…are you SURE it’s SUPPOSED to be 10 minutes, or are you just inferring that information based on that’s when the timer seems to kick back in - was this mentioned in any patch notes anywhere? Don’t mean to sound suspicious, but a 10 minute timer is…counter, to my memories of playing before patch 2.4 and onward

but, thank you for the reply and for the heads up on the 10 minute timer - I’ll keep the game running longer and see if that finally kicks in for me like it should.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.