Northern Jungle Obelisk blocked off entirely on Official PVE-C #1823

It is conflict yes. And we have had many groups join. And leave as rapidly. I am not saying to roll over and die. I am simply saying not to feed them.

When trolls get 0 response they fade or burn out. Remove what they find fun

1 Like

No they are over on my server building walls around someones base in oasis which is Griefing there should be rules against any building around bases oblesk and any other POI on a Pve or Pve C server since nobody can destroy them. If there are rules against it It should be enforced.

1 Like

@Jens_Erik Please, fix this - known griefers for the point of making players quit. Is this what you want?

1 Like

To block access to an obelisk ā€¦

An item to attune your bracelet so you can fast travel ā€¦

Somehow, the logic behind this completely escapes me other than
just plain pi**ing people offā€¦ and they have succeeded.

Iā€™m seriously getting too damned old for this nonsense.

2 Likes

Chiming in a little late here, but I play on 1823 and this type of behavior has not only killed the server population, but deflated any fun the remaining players have.

We canā€™t attack or destroy the structures as it is PVE-C and we can only fight them, player versus player - which they crave and love. It would be giving them what they want.

We are stuck dealing with a situation that should be punishable (in PVE/PVE-C) - as should be the trapping in of bases, and spamming of foundations across the map. We literally have no way of hitting back. Yes, we could drag bosses over there - but all we would be doing in reality is serving up skeleton keys as they 5 or 6 strong at lvl 60.

Not only are they blocking off the obelisk, they are extremely vulgar in chat - itā€™s repulsive. A number of us have reported that behavior as well, with no avail. Having the mute/block function actually work in game would be wonderful.

2 Likes

Oh that is sad, this is why i put my own server together. I just cant stand official servers for these very reasons. Plus if i wanted to do PVP, i would rather rent a box, put in a whitelisted list of clans and go have fun.

You guys gotta start getting clans together and figure something else out, official is not the place to be doing pve or pvp because its a non modded server with 0 rules. Get 5-10 mid sized clans together and rent your own server.

2 Likes

Agreed. Becauase I am with you. On the server. I have seen the racism and also griefing. They are pretty crude and spam chat with language that would get them banned from any other type of media.

But their griefing is out lf control really. But becauase of the whole limitation on building damage summoning avatars and blowing up things is not going to happen.

1 Like

We have tried that. We have a varying player base with people like myself having limited time during PvP hours.

A lot of the griefing happens to new players fresh out of the desert. So They quit. So the fresh stock of new people get slaughtered right out of the gate.

1 Like

Currently they blocked off the passage to the highlands. Not really building more than a wall with doors. Where the ghost is.

I am pretty sure they are not intending to build there. Just block it off.

But there are many ways to get do the highlands. So it is inconsequential.

Unless this is the alphas doing this (such that it is on PvE-C), then your other larger clans are letting you down here. Not that this sort of stupidity should be allowed on a PvE or PvE-C server anyway, but the solution is to get together and have the larger, active clans claim territory like this themselves (for example, building in the passageway, but leaving it open or putting up open T3 structures around the obelisks).

Annoying though it is, there are solutions if the decent players work together.

They tried that but all left now only a few of us having to deal with them and you cant fight being walled in as they have done to several if you cannot tear down walls.

Yes, it was too little too late. They were confronted by THE WHOLE SERVER about their behavior and racism. They just didnā€™t know how to lose so they griefed the obelisk. They are rude and nasty juveniles.

Folks, I ask that you please read the entire thread when commenting.

This is an accurate description. Ganking lowbees, profanity, racist comments, locking out obselisks was the order of the day for this clan.

Many of us left.

Canā€™t really say ā€œstop being a bad personā€ in a game with rules that permit this behavior. Just have to walk away and leave creating yet another empty official server.

1 Like

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to state the obvious there. Thatā€™s an unfortunate situation. They really need to create more ā€œno buildā€ regions based on PvP / PvE settings, and expand certain existing ones. PvP they can obviously leave alone, since players can handle that kind of nonsense themselves.

Still hereā€¦on PVE-C server

I agree with this, as a preventative measure. We have built up around the other obā€™s, etc to leave them open for use, but this advice is null and void once they built up.

1 Like

Word from Jens_Erik on this specific problem:

There will be no resolution. The juvenile cowards who ruin server populations win!

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if this has been said, but can bosses damage on PVE / PVE-C? If so, troll one over (there should be an insect queen really close, and let it take down a wall. once wall is down, build as close to the claom from that side as possible to keep it opened. then repeat on as many areas as possible. May need to try and do it when they arenā€™t online.

@Jens_Erik
Has it been suggested to possibly have purges be more aggressive (higher chance) around obelisks on all servers (pvp included)? Maybe just make them automatic once a week at every obelisk to make the trolls at least fight for the greifing??? And make it non humans, so they donā€™t get the T4 special thralls:) Donā€™t want them rewarded with legendary repair kits.

Figures:/
Thanks for the info though. Maybe one day there will be a ā€œFixā€ for blocking obs on non damage servers.

I was hoping for a ban, but as I heard from Jens_Erikā€¦only EXTREME cases get Funcom attention - so weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™ed

1 Like