Not found Star metal on the Frozen North[SINGLEPLAYER]

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [EU]

I found nothing star metal on singleplayer. And all day long nothing, zero. This ist really really annoying.

Sorry for my bad english :stuck_out_tongue:

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Are you playing the solo/co-op option?
I play that mode and have not found start metal since the game launch.

Do you guys see any weather effects on the game? I think the meteors may be tied to the (missing) weather system…

I do not. I was also thinking that the meteor issue might be tied to the weather issue.

I don’t see weather effects either but I can see the meteor shower. Offline, single player.

I play that mode(singleplayer) too since the game launch and i have no found star metal. I can not see the meteor shower.

In my LIVE PC SP PVP it is RARE to see a meteor shower and I have only found ONE star metal meteor to harvest. I triggered the meteor shower by clearing out the Ice Temple totally of giants and immediately when I left the temple VOILA a meteor shower happened. But as I said, I only could find one meteor so it may be bugged a little but I don’t think it is tied to the broken weather system as I haven’t had rain/snow since patch 32 / 33 but did get this meteor shower.

the meteors shower you may see in the sky don’t drop starmetal nods, the nods are spawned … or not inworld. What you see in the sky is a virtual effect, there is nothing falling from the sky then !

But i agree, that in singleplay, finding nods may be a pain. Like many things, some may have some nods, others will never see an only one.
But believe me, to founds the nods if on your game there are realy some, you needs scout the spots they spawn, not run after the visual effect in the sky. This are two different things.

For my part, since release, i have beautiful meteors showers in the sky (in singleplayer) but no nods on the ground. I had in early acces, but no more since release, and need to spawn my starmetal.
Singleplayer is mostly a testground for me, so i don’t realy care lot about. But it’s a bug more some may experiment, especially in singleplayer.

I just had two different players tell me that the meteors dropped next to them, so meteor shower isn’t just for looks it seems. I also saw a video on YouTube when a meteor crashed into someone’s base wall. So they do drop from the sky instead of being spawned, that’s what I believed myself, that they spawned normally, but it seems they actually drop down.

I only play single player and I saw the meteor shower a couple of times but I wasn’t very close to see the starmetal being hurled on the ground, when I reached the spot, they were already there. But I have no reason to disbelieve that video and two other players in here who witnessed them actually falling to the ground.

I have experienced meteors on official servers, and the first thing that you see is the light in the sky, then loud sound before the meteors hit the surface hard shaking ground, If you are unlucky to have a building in their way it will be destroyed partially or full depending on materials and size. I also had one meteor landing right beside me near the temple of frost but they can spread out and some of them can land in a wide area north of Stargazers Crest. Also found many between snow and forrest border and on mountain sides.

I have seen multiple meteors fly through the sky and hit in the projected spots…never seen them just spawn…as for single player…I played single player for a while and the only way to get any meteor showers was to stand around where they fall.Which lead me to believe single player loads only the area you are in,unlike a server where the world is mostly loaded already…I did report that months ago…but as you can see…lol

FunCom please fix this for Singleplayer!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

In my singleplayer PC game, I have seen multiple meteors impact terrain, too. Picked up four of them yesterday (one event with multiple impacts). This happened just north of the Mounds of the Dead (snowy area). So if this is a bug, its intermittent because it is working for my single player game.

@Milbon I think you might be very lucky lol unless…have you ever just found them without seeing the meteor shower? If so then your singleplayer is loading like a server ,if not then it’s like the rest of us and messed up and your lucky lol

@Lexior1 i think i be very unlucky xDD …

I think the way it works is that there’s both an effect and spawn points. When the meteorite trails come down, the spawn points for star metal are spawned. But the effect of trails can hit things and collide with buildings causing damage. I believe the meteorite trails don’t actually have a meteorite that will land somewhere that you can mine. For example, I was standing near one of the giant statues in the northwest when a meteorite trail came down right at my location where I was standing. But it hit the statue and bounced off at a 45 degree angle. When I turned around facing north, a star metal node had appeared in a spot where it usually shows up. The node spawned just after the trails came down but I never saw a meteorite bouncing off the statue or hitting the ground, just the trail effect.

I didn’t have weather or meteors in my last single player game.

ive seen this for multiple people now, for some reason on some games the spawn is just effed. i played like 150 hours and had not a single meteorite spawn.

@Aki-San just as with me

Sound just like the weather bug, intermittent at best, totally gone at worst, but they are different systems, but the bug could be related??