Not getting offline option

I have very limited internet and read a patch offered offline play so I bought this game. But every time I try to play it says try again later. No offline option is given. I’ve tried several times and noticed it literally removes my internet as it tries to connect with live services. I’ve tried without any internet and it gives me the cannot connect try again later message.
does anyone have any constructive suggestions?

Do you have steam running?

Yes I am running steam.
Unfortunately it goes straight to “unable to login restart or try again later.”
Why would I need to login offline?
Does it require me to start a game online once to register stuff or something?

And when you press ok, you can’t select single-player?

If you have never run the game, you may need to do it at least once for your license to be verified. I can’t say for sure since I have run the game online and offline.

I was afraid of that.
As I said my weak internet shuts down to the point of “no internet available” when I try to play with internet.
I’ll have to find someone with real internet I can take my rig to their house and play the game for a bit to get verified.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Few games do this, Some even kick you when your down with “you must log in, and set game to offline to play this game” even thou you can’t get online. -_-’

Can’t say I’ve tried Conan with no internet. (I own it on PC and Ps4) and play alot of console games… so always have back up myself.

The Fun one is when Steam starts in Offline, ask you sign in…and sits there for hours (I tried for giggles) trying to connect to verify it. So you can play Offline. XD

However… always meant to give this a try.
https://thedroidguy.com/play-steam-games-no-internet-offline-mode-2020-1136787#:~:text=How%20to%20play%20Steam%20games%20offline%20or%20without,SAVE%20ACCOUNT%20INFORMATION%20ON%20THIS%20COMPUTER...%20See%20More.

This happens to me except I own Conan through Microsoft

I know exactly how to fix this. Seems like not a lot of people know how this works.

1. Create a new save/character while you are online. Save it.

2. Exit.

3. Turn Steam to offline and plug out your lan cable.

4. Press play again.

5. In the game menu press continue.

6. Play offline.

The way how this works is that the funcom logs your save file data and marks it “validated” while you are online so it knows you are authorized to play the game. Once you have that validation on your save file, game will let you play offline.

However if you try to start a brand new game without a previous online save, game wont let you play it offline since it has no way of knowing if you are “authorized” to play the game.

I dont know if funcom will patch this out as well but for now, this is the only way I know how. You might want to override your online save file once you go offline since overriding your online save with your new offline save will prevent your settings rolling back to default value.