Not showing who raided you = making me quit

You also couldnt climb in EA. And there was 1 biome. And combat was 1 move, the farming action. Ohh the good Ol’ days.

I only posted because it was said it was ALWAYs around from Day 1

The event log has been around since day one and you would know this if you played since day 1. What you seem confused about is the updating of the system regarding the change of how information was displayed. Every time something was changed, people would be referring to it as the ‘new event log’.

If you read thru that time period of patches(@5months5months5months5months after full release) the name shame was added around that time. Then for months there was serious debate on these forums that led to a poll by Tascha.

You are trying to argue with someone that literally played through this time and you want me to go read about what I was actually using trying to convince me that I wasn’t using it? I do not need to Google, I played and used the event log.

As already stated, I cannot remember what combination of identifying details were there (steam id, player name, clan name) but I do remember you could locate information from the event log in early access to identify who did what. Well, sort of, if someone used a pet or thrall, I do not think this information showed up, I think that was one of the later updates along with the time stamp ect.

There was also never ‘serious debate’ about this but every time an update/change would be made, some players would surface and call it tattletelling, half of them oblivious to the fact that it even existed prior to the update mention, referring to it as some new mechanic/feature each time when in fact, it was just a change/update to the identifying information. Again, a poll was conducted and the majority of players (82%) were not opposed to the event log including identifying information.

Now, why is there confusion on some people thinking the player identification was just added in Oct 2018?

As already speculated, this could be due to when changes/updates happened and were posted, there were people that suddenly became aware of the in-game feature and thought it was something new. As one person on the forum referred to the update/change as ‘new event log’, others passed this misinformation on to others via the forum and just like you, people read this and didn’t have the experience and just believed it was something brand new and that there was no identifying information before Oct 2018 just like you did.

Also, the identifying information was removed for a short period of time and when readded, some players felt it was something brand new rather than a reversal of the previous decision to remove.

Funcom also does not do a great job with patch notes so when making a change to how the name/player/clan (whatever was changed) was shown or what was overhauled/improved/changes, the phrasing might have confused some into thinking the event log or name or whatever was being changed was actually a brand new feature rather than upgrade/change.

Again, I can only guess. What I do know is that I was able to find identifying information in event logs in early access.

And unlike you, inactually googled tonfact check myself. I knew something changed early on, but could 100% say.

Yes, unlike me because I do not exaggerate my experience and do not have to rely on Google, I was playing and directly experiencing what we are discussing.

Unlike you with strawman “majority” and everyone comments to beef your opinion up, i wanted to knownthe facts.

I told you the facts (as have others) and yet, you Google and confused yourself and have now made inaccurate statements which others will now read and pass on in error and the ol’ Google AI will sop up the misinformation for someone else to post down the road as ‘fact’.

If you are so convinced that names were not added until Oct 2018, I guess people playing and using the event log and seeing names six months+ before this were either delusional or very clairvoyant about the future? Why were people asking for even more identifying details like player vs npc after name and referencing people using the creatives names I mentioned to get around the event logs? (see attached)

You also seem way to personal on your comments with me.

Like I said, not productive to argue with someone that wants to fill their replies with google searches and mistruths rather than experience so what you are seeing is frustration.

And havent called you PvP lord

No, but you just took your passive aggressive route to do it. :wink:

I get it, you think the event log ‘tattles’ on players and would rather the log not include identifying information which would enable people to run around off-lining and ratting at the expensive of creating more offline raiding, a higher level of server aggression toward everyone including new players, smaller clans, and those that typically play conservative, as PVP clans run around playing the guessing game of who raided them hitting a lot of people that might not have normally been a target. Oh yes, and the hackers and exploiters, the lack of identifying information benefits these players as well.

Oh well that’s a solution. So solving meta weapons is just don’t personally use them and it’s all good. Sky bases? Just don’t build them.

Weird attempt at comparisons as the event log is not an issue that needs a remedy like a game imbalance or exploit, it adds to the fundamental risk vs reward concept of a pvp game.

You are not even close to apples and oranges, more like Chevrolets and ballet tutus with this one.

Acknowledge it’s more complicated than that. You disagree with a design change to leave you in the dark on who raided you. It’s that simple.

It is not very complicated at all for me as I have repeatedly stated that the log ID literally adds to the basic pvp risk vs reward concept which has been a part of this game for 9 years and it is now being dummied down for those with a pve mentality. There are private server options for anyone that has an issue with this longstanding PVP positive feature and PVE-C servers they could look at messing with rather than ruining official PVP servers. I think my point has been pretty clear on this for quite some time.

its more than that, in consequence it a sadic way to impose to play on pvp, because it force to retaliate on people that in fact are may be not responsible, players expressed clearly they do no want to play like that but want heathly pvp and so anonimity was removed, now the one that decided to put it back against will of players… well you know how to call him

Every single large clan in Conan Exiles official PvP players have alts. I could specifically name, names, but that is frowned upon here. I know maybe a handful of pvpers off the top of my head that don’t have alts. You either play on privates or you just don’t get out much, read global, talk to other players, or play often. This is pretty standard stuff. Mostly because of hacking but also so clans and players can body vault loot for a rainy day.

One thing I’m also finding ironic is how the majority of people advocating to keep it this way are also not even PvPers… If that’s the case, why are you even arguing in a PvP thread to begin with to advocate for something you know nothing about and DOES NOT even affect you?

Have you actually asked a server this question on officials or is this you just assuming. I play on 1540 and we all literally just had this conversation in global with the rest of the server. The general consensus at least on that server is to keep it anonymous. Only two players out of the 35 that were online wanted it visible. Again, this is for only on that specific server. You’re applying your personal opinion as if it’s fact. Which it isn’t. It’s YOUR opinion. Which is fine! Just say that though instead of assuming everyone thinks the same way you do.

Every single large clan in Conan Exiles official PvP players have alts. I could specifically name, names, but that is frowned upon here. I know maybe a handful of pvpers off the top of my head that don’t have alts. You either play on privates or you just don’t get out much

Although I agree that many pvp players have alts, you are literally twisting what the person said that you are addressing. Infectious stated that that if you have alts for the ‘specific purpose of attacking’, then props and you somehow spun this into pvp players don’t have alts???

I have alts but they are not used for attacking others. Alts are typically used for loot storage as you said (which Infectious was not addressing) and those players that farm will sometimes use alts for farming when hostilities are high between clans.

Have you actually asked a server this question on officials or is this you just assuming.

As I have mentioned already in this thread, a poll was done the first time names were removed and the poll showed that 82% of players were in favor of having identification or not opposed to it.

I do not know Infectious but I have played official pvp servers only since 2017 and I do not know one single ‘real’ pvp player (and I know a lot of them) that is in favor of removing this 9 year old feature that promotes the basic pvp concept of risk vs reward on a pvp server.

I have to mention that I found it entertaining that you felt comfortable lecturing another poster (with CAPS no less) on ‘assuming’ and ‘applying their personal opinion as fact’ then made the statement that 'every single large clan pvp players have alts". No Alias, this is simply your opinion stated as fact.

Here we go again with you claiming someone is “twisting” what someone has said. No. I didn’t. As I stated, many clans have alts. I have listed several reasons other than PvP why they use them. They also use them to raid. Look at any Conan exiles PvP player that does YouTube, THEY ARE ON ALTS WHEN THEY MAKE CLIPS. It’s very rare they use their mains. They are raiding and fighting. So the people they are hitting don’t know who they actually are. This has gone on since early release.

Every large clan that loves to Zerg official servers almost always shows up on alts now. Why? To remain anonymous until they can level and build a base. To keep players from calling in help because if it looks like three groups of 2-3 players leveling within several days it doesn’t look suspicious, compared to 10 man of well known PvP players all loading up on a server all at once, does sound the alarms.

That poll that you keep referring to, doesn’t represent what pvp players think. Very few pvp official players bother with these forums because of people like you, people who only think their opinion is the right opinion, and you just want an echo chamber. They don’t see polls or mess with hardly with any of the social media aspect. Why? They are too busy playing the game and not arguing on the internet for days about pixels.

You’re clearly overly sensitive if you can’t handle caps to emphasize a statement that wasn’t even directed to you. I highly suggest stepping outside and touching that green stuff called grass. Unlike you, I’m not hiding my identify on some vague funcom account. Since you’re this badass PvP player, state who you are, and then I can show you the people that disagree with you and OP.

You claim it’s just my opinion, but here you are using anecdotes to then claim the majority of PvPers are supposedly doing this, and obviously Youtubers aren’t going to use their mains and it shouldn’t take you long to figure out why. We don’t know the exact number of people exploiting this, and I don’t appreciate the condescending attitude while you pretend to know much more than you really do. Even if there are a few more out there using alts to loophole the log, that still isn’t a strong enough reason to keep it hidden.

You also claim your server prefers anonymity, yet I could tell you of 5 others that hate it. You could also easily be lying of the supposed 35 players that told you. From my experience, the vast majority of players on Officials don’t even talk, but you’re right that I don’t know with absolute certainty just how many people prefer it. I just know plenty that absolutely hate it, and these forums are proof of this.

If people don’t voice their opinions on a public platform, such as here or reddit, then how can we, or the devs, know for certain? They can’t, and each server is entirely anecdotal.

Either way, there are plenty of strong reasons why hidden logs are more harmful than helpful in the current state of the game, so I think it’s better to focus on that.

Bye :waving_hand:

Here is my two cents.

As a person who prefers PVP for the extra emotion it brings to the game.

I want real pvp, I think offline raiding is not and never has been pvp.

It’s looting and griefing

People who play that way are not fighting other players, they’re fighting NPC’s left by other players, to protect their base.

Now don’t get me wrong sometimes offline raid is necessary, I’ve done it.

However it was in retaliation for being offlined, and a face to face was not possible.

If I could confront directly that was my first choice.

Anonymity condones and encourages offline raiding IMO

Or if you play on an ALT to hide your main account, you are not the kind of person I would want to play a PVP game with.

If you are a game company that condones and empowers griefing such as what I believe offline raiding to be, I don’t want to play your game.

That along with lack of action against out right cheating is why I no longer play this game.

the game kind of forces you to offline especially when the servers are that laggy your avatar does not attack or everyone is rubber banding all over the place and ghost hits are on point that day. funcom does not care about pvp at all, they make slight changes that effect it in some little way but nothing ever substantial. the focus is PVE because after all they are the ones spending crom coins on a cheeseboard.

Weirdest defense for offlining I’ve ever seen lol

Players will offline with laggy, non-laggy, full, empty, whatever have you servers. Doesn’t matter.

Anyway, let’s not continue this narrative that the game is only catered to PVE, PVPers buy plenty and some are whales. Almost every hotfix and patch over the game’s existence had changes and bug fixes for PVP.

Dont know if it is possible, but i would be all for a hybrid log. Offline damage (15 minute start after last clan member was on ) would show who did it. If clan is on , then no names for that log entry. Even though the alts can still exploit protecting the real person who did it, this would be a compromise. Then if you are being raided you can pvp, and if offline it punishes the offliner (some).

I’d personally be perfectly fine with the log being hidden if DBD was actually turned on. Sure, there are loopholes with that system too, but it honestly solves a lot of the problems players have with the current one. Offline raiding is one of the, if not the, primary issue most players have and that combined with the log being hidden is like getting two middle fingers.

Currently, players feel like they’re forced to be online a minimum of 5 hours PER DAY, which many don’t have that kind of time to dedicate nor necessarily want to, just to have a chance of defending hours of hard work, so DBD needs to be turned on. I’ve seen the idea thrown around that raid times should be reduced, but this wouldn’t necessarily solve the problem, at least not fully.

DBD is the best solution to actually get people to PvP, and if players think logs remaining hidden ‘helps’ against larger clans, then so be it at that point. The current system just doesn’t work with it.

We may not agree with the event logs functionality, but we do agree that offlining is one of the biggest negatives of current pvp raid officials. I believe if Inflexion addresses that with good mechanics, and not bamd aids, then pvp has a more long term sustainability.

Bro you need to relax. It’s a game. You also did not make any sense. If you don’t know the person and asked around then how tf you know they were living in keyhole? Doesn’t make much sense to me. You now have me curious as to who you are but as your long winded rants show you’re too much of a coward to actually give that out. I’m on 1561, Aidra Fox, come catch these hands my boy!

Dude. You’re still going. :joy: Idk any of you people let alone the dude you’re arguing with. Moderators need to come mute you cuz you’re not even staying on topic. If you had any valid point, you’ve lost it in your long winded complaining. Yeah you don’t know that name because it’s an alt I’m on. My clan and I have probably wiped you a million times, you just don’t know it. Stay being a little victim though and complaining on forums. I’ll be out pvping.

And yet you’re still here.

So please explain wtf PVE has to do with RAIDING OTHER PLAYERS BASES, a game functions that IS NOT EVEN POSSIBLE TO PVE PLAYERS? On the other hand, offline raiding has been the PVP META for how many years now? :thinking:

For someone who calls themselves “realist” you sure are anything but one. :woman_facepalming:

Well it kinda can’t be by definition when the other player isn’t even there. :wink: