Official PvP servers cross server raiding

I play on an official pvp server on playstation. My server is pretty much dead. I’m peaceful to the new people and I let them build and do whatever. But being alpha of a dead server is super boring. I started on a different server to actually have some pvp. So far it’s been pretty fun because the server usually has 30+ players when mine has maybe 4. I wish I could transfer my character at level 60, with bombs and Gods to have an all out war with the alpha there. There is 3 alphas there, and if I managed to win against them, others would have the chance to claim alpha. I don’t like to raid small tribes because it makes them quit the game entirely. But I have no one to really pvp. Please add cross server raiding!!

3 Likes

Same with me lad went alpha on server3135 which now only has 4 or 5 people on and no one to really raid,so moved to server3216 but agreed wish i could transfer my character and stuff across as my new server has 4 alpha clans and 2 of them kill and raid everyone on sight lost 2 t3 bases in 2nights.:exploding_head:

1 Like

it really isn’t that hard to level up on a new server. The PVP servers have 2x res gathering so it makes it even easier there.

Cross server moving will allow trolls to move as freely as those wanting new gameplay.

2 Likes

no. this isnt ark. if they do this then i will no longer play this game and trade it in and buy an ark dlc with the money i get for it.

1 Like

Like it or not folks, but trolls bring content. I say to them: come at me bro. The Alpha clan on 1578 is open for business!

I’m sure they could add something like a timer to how often you can jump from server to server. But I’m playing on another server as well to raid a bunch of people. but if I could jump servers with my bombs and Gods, I’d only hit the alpha, giving new tribes a chance

1 Like

this game is dying without this. us alphas just sit comfortably. I want to fight other alphas, I want to either wipe or get wiped. but I don’t want to fight little tribes. Look, too many servers have alphas who wipe small tribes left and right. I’ve seen soooo many people quit the game completely because of this. cross server raiding could make alphas focus on other alphas. and the alphas who lose, well there servers alpha status could be claimed by someone else. on ark, you couldn’t build up unless the alpha got wiped, or if they liked you. this game is become the same way

1 Like

heck yeah man. no one wants to touch me. but with cross server raiding I could have a descent fight. we at server 3752 are ready.

They should ask certain servers if they want cross server raiding. that way servers who don’t want it can stay secluded. I know my server would up vote it. since we have started on another server to actually get some action, we’ve noticed how great it would be to have cross server raids. server vs server would be intense

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you guys, as much as I think it could be a good idea in some cases, it’s just not going to happen. Too many cons and drawbacks in this idea por Funcom to allow server transfers.

The only solution I could see viable is new clean servers sort of arena concept where alpha clan can meet or schedule a war in, beeing able to transfer chars with full gear and all war stuff. Other than that, no transfers to already running servers.

4 Likes

No chance that they do that. They are scared and too much noobs conan are playing too much. Have addressed the subject many times and conan will die. We are already settled on 3216 to have fun but the 4 clans come with 14 men to raid a 4 man clan. If we could get our stuff from our servers, they would be gone already. Unfortunately, some people do not want it and funcom does not care what is written here. Sorry brother.

1 Like

Conan is dead and we alphas gradually disband because the game is boring. After a month it was already. There will be again a game in the list which was not successful because the manufacturer has done nothing except to take our money and make empty promises. Next we will put the game away and play something new. Because changes will never come here or if they come the game will be even worse.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you alpha guys don’t get together and setup a private server, or even make a happening in a selected official one. Pick one, gather all of the clans that think game is boring (in PVP mode), and have fun there!. I don’t know, open a discord channel, or post here in server recruitment, give say 1 or 2 weeks of peace in order to level enough and gather whatever you need for battles, then let the games begin!.

Doesn’t seem hard to do… but saying servers are dead and all that, because one Clan dominates it… it’s going a bit too far in my humble opinion.

3 Likes

Yes of course we rent a server, if there are official servers that were full but due to errors that have dominated the game are not our problem but that of funcom. Why is there an Offi PVP server I ask you to play PVE there? my friend I’m on over 10 Offi PVP servers represented with max level and 8 of them are dead and I’m tired of leveling. There are 60 official PVP servers in the list where nobody plays anymore. Is that our fault that people have no fun anymore? I do not think so. To offer fun you should go into change. This was often suggested and nothing happened. DLC are more important than mistakes and bugs.

Okay, I get your idea, now think what would happen if they allowed cross server within PVP environment. If the end game goal is to dominate the server, isn’t that the same as making it “die”?, as in, okay you move your clan to other server, have battles there and in the end, sooner or later, one Clan will rise as alpha and dominate the server. What then? We’re left with the same problem, “dead” server. Next logical step would be move on to the next, right?. What will happen once you have run ALL 60 or whatever many PVP servers?. In the end you will eventually quit and look for pvp in other games, so it comes up as a temporary solution, until you sort of like “run out of space”.

Perhaps the solution is not crossing servers, rather than doing other things, game-wise. But honestly I am no expert in PVP game balancing, so I can’t provide any viable solutions on that direction.

2 Likes

Here’s the reason our alpha clan doesn’t hop servers anymore: it’s the long grind back to 60, in the hopes the server will still be alive when we reach it. If we could at least hop servers, keeping level 60, even without gear, we could quickly harvest what we needed and have a proper clan war.

As the brother says: Clan Wars should be the end and not the dropping of the bracelet.

At the risk of being the 183rd person today to use an Ark comparison, cross server transfers really did some harm to that game. Opening up that can of worms opens you up to “mega-tribes” who go from server to server wiping everyone (and believe me, it really happens) and getting stronger as they go. I don’t care how strong you think your alpha position is on your server, when a tribe with 60+ players and virtually unlimited resources shows up, you are gone. It’s not fun, and you won’t even be on to defend since they’ll flood the server with people so that your tribe can’t join the fight.

It also opens the door to duping, and no matter what safeguards you put in place people will find a way to dupe, I promise. It ruins the game far quicker than boredom possibly could.

That being said I don’t have as much of a problem with transferring characters only, as long as you couldn’t bring any gear or resources, it would allow for some tribes to branch out and for people that got wiped to move servers without having to completely start over. Since the majority of the mega-tribe crowd tends to get their stuff through duping/raiding and are completely allergic to actually farming resources, it would keep that problem to a minimum.

2 Likes

I don’t see why people think leveling up is hard. It takes some effort yes but that is half of the fun, the rise up to level 60 is the journey and challenge.
Once you have done it a few times its really not a big deal. I find new things every time I level up and when you are low level it is good time to meet new players when they don’t perceive you as much of a threat.
I don’t understand the rush to “endgame” I love PVP and think resets would make a major difference on official servers. Every 3 months or so they should be wiped and then remove excess amounts of servers until they are needed.

2 Likes

All I hear is:
“I wiped everyone from my server and it’s no fun to pick on the newcomers since I’ve stockpiled enough to destroy half the map anyway. Let me take this stuff to wipe everyone from other servers and make them leave.”
“People are quitting because we griefed everyone from our servers and can’t take our stuff in tact to grief other servers.”

More reason as to why I don’t play Official PVP servers…

I called it before Launch. PVP officials will die out fast because people act like children and have little decency. There was literally 0 people in US_2 during raid time today. Private servers will have long life spans due to rules that make the game more fun and let’s you have full exposure to the content and then some (mods). There is hardly any grind to this game compared to an MMO, so I don’t understand the worry to transfer…

Honestly, they opened too many servers, knowing that the low pop caps would lead to dead zones after the initial hype wore down. I’m waiting on word for when half the servers shut down so that people are actually on the same maps. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes