Official servers not populating since security update

Game mode: [Online official, Online private]
Type of issue: [Bug, Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP
Region: [West Coast]

I had posted before on this issue with no resolution.
I am having an issue where servers, both official and private are not populating in the list very often. I have to hit refresh from my favorites (because it’s quicker) to get them to pop. I’ve gone as long as 2hrs doing this every 15sec-ish, with no luck on the servers I’m after. These are officials 1934 and 1812. They simply will not populate. I’ve already doe the modem and router restarts, and the c prompt refresh. I know it’s not a ping issue because others in the same area come up, i.e. 1932, 1935, 1801,1806, 1875…still randomly, but more often than 1812 and 1934. If i try to direct connect, I get the msg about my ping being too high, and today I tried using the steam overlay to join a friend on 1812 and it showed as not responding.

I understand that it’s easy to brush this issue off, if it’s just one or two people having the issue, but if you look at my previous post, there are several having the same issue. Before saying that it’s a firewall issue, if it was, they would not populate at all. It’s not a ping issue, as I get servers from Ociana and LATAM to pop if I wait for all the officials to come up, and they are in the 200 and 300 pings, where the two I’m after are almost always in the 20-35 range, or at least they have been for the last 18mo that we’ve been playing on them.

I’ve played over 3300hrs since EA launch, and I love the game. This has me to where I have only played about 6-10hrs since the security update. Can someone actually look at this and give some info, instead of saying, “We’ll register the occurrence for the developers to look into.” I found that rather disrespectful.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1 Like

Any news?

Did you try to check via steam for the integrity of the game? Maybe the server list file is corrupted? I’m saying this just to be sure, try to check the integrity of the game files.

Why dont you direct connect to them?

I have the exact same problem on PvE-C 1819. It’s been going on since the fix for the DDOS attack. I think the problem is that my virus scanner won’t allow me access. If I shut down all virus protection (something I hate to do), then 1819 shows. Yes, I can restart my virus protection once I get in the game,but what a pain in the butt .

I am using Webroot as a anti-virus program, if that helps. In any event, please fix this problem.

With over 3300hrs, you think I didn’t validate files before posting?

1 Like

Did you not read my post? 7 lines down “If i try to direct connect, I get the msg about my ping being too high”

1 Like

I don’t know, it never happens to you to forget something basic every once in a while? :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a similar problems long ago but it turn out it was my isp, it’s a wireless/wimax parabolic antenna for long range broadband and they had loss of traffic, of course it won’t be your case.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.