Old potential returning player - How is the population?

Hello guys, how is the population in the game?

Wonder if anyone remembers my characters? Shadowsols, Chemikal, Aijijujitsu, some other twink toons I don’t remember the names of. Lemule chilling out in borealis wearing weird clothes all day long, lol.

Welcome back!

The pop ebbs & flows back depending on the time of year & events. During the summer It will feel like a ghost town.

The new “fresh start” server (“Rubika 2019” paid only) has further split the population. I wouldn’t be surprised to see FC just shut Rubika down altogether & using 2019 (with fixes in place) as the only server.

It is pretty dead. You either need to multibox to do content, pay someone else to do the content for you so you can buy nodrop loot or only play on weekends.

You cant reasonably play this game during the week unless you like to solo and do everything by yourself. I personally cant justify paying a subscription to a game I can only play on the weekend because of a lack of players.

1 Like

I’m sorry friend, but the population (on the live server) is the lowest it has ever been.

I subbed for the first time in years a few weeks ago, and sadly, after a few hours, I already regretted my decision. The new server, although temporary (I think), divided an already small amount of players. Finding a team is a once-a-day occurrence – if you’re lucky. You’d find more people in Antarctica then you would in AO; and because of that sad truth, I think it’s time to grant froobs Shadowlands access, maybe one would find a team then… but I’d be beating a dead horse.

“We’ve heard your cries! We’ve heard your pleas!”

1 Like

Weird to hear these answers. Last few tower wars and Tara raids its been 15-30 people per side so not sure what these people are saying. Every mmo has certain time zones that aren’t as populated but prime time for AO revolves more around EU times then NA. I from NA and if I want it to be active I have I play mid day and early afternoon. Friday’s and Saturday’s are pretty active regardless. Wow classic has caused a little dip but for planned mass PvP people always log for offense or defense usually.

1 Like

I agree with you mate it started off amazing when i join join April 2019 i played but a vote came up for next expansion Shadow-lands won but the failed delay and bad support almost 2/3 left the game my whole Org left. then sl came out grid to 205 on whatever except mission was losing more ppl then 210 would repeat 205, best morph game i ever played but FC not being on top of there game killed it again sadly even AI coming in Oct will not save it well i know the few left will disagree i played since 2004 it needs another expansion another world to explore would bring ppl back but this game capped itself years ago on those ideas what a community we had early 2000 i miss it .

This game was launched in 2001, the audience of AO are in their 30s or older. Unless you have a job that lets you play in the day, you work nights or dont have a job then you wont be playing in the day time.

There is a low population no matter what time you play. Getting a team at any time is completely subjective and it goes back to what I said earlier, why pay to play a game when its only viable on the weekends.

AO has stagnated and has been that way since LoX. AO is still pay to play WITH a cash shop which is an insult to current customers and alienates those that would like to try AO. The population is low for a variety of reasons but those are two of the biggest.