One Shot Horse Lance

I do not see an issue with lances just seems like inexperience in dealing with them. The only time i died from a lance is wearing light gear and not paying attention.

Personally, I think what pvp needs is an objective metric. Kills vs deaths and landclaim destroyed. It would encourage people not to build stuff for people to destroy (giving them points) and it would show who’s really “winning” which would be independent of clan size.

Why not just make every weapon have a 1 shot variant. So it can be a true sandbox. If horse 1 shot, shoud i not have a 2h that 1 shots. or sword and board? This way at least they fein choice in the "sandbox^ goal they drive for. at least give me a choice to look cool when i 1 shot.

Right now as far as pvp goes there is no choice, you have to meta build every time.

I would actually be okay with all weapons super deadly.

Hard to one shot with a Lance. Unless person does not know how to roll or avoid them. You dont even have to run from horses. I killed players with lances while I was on ground. It all depends on terrain and fighting style. Clearly a lance person not going to charge you off a cliff. People need to learn to use environment and be creative. I had to teach other players to just place a palaysade in front of them to stop horse in its track. I carry premades into battle.

i agree, there are ways to avoid the pvp of lances, but them if you are always avoiding is it pvp?

Also, i remember in the conan stories where he carried palisades and tnt jats around just in case. That is my issue, it cometley removes the pmayer from lore because of a baf mechanic. Gaming based in lore should try to engage you, not form work arounds.

Horrible. Awful and horrible.

Because you can just kill naked players or do the last hits to push your “KD” and bomb sandstone for easy building pieces destroyed.

It’s the same as KD(A) in Dota or League. Hero last hits, does not have to mean anything.

Thats easily solved tho by putting a minimum level. It can be made to work. Its been a mainstay of any “competitive” games for years. Trust me, I would love to have a reason to pvp and I’m sure I’m not alone, but the current way its done to a lot of us, even when its done by people we respect, looks an awful lot like just griefing. Why would I kill anyone when I can go get the exact same gear from the map without disrupting someone else’s gameplay? There’s no tangible reward as nothing is unique (and I am NOT arguing for NFTs). So why should I pvp? If there was an objective metric tho, I would just as a measure of if I’m any good at the game and to see who’s opinions of pvp balance I should actually pay attention to.

I totally understand what you mean and it would be cool, but please don’t use KD alone as metric. Because it is so easily abusable.

Want to get kills easily? Kill your clan mates. Funcom fixes that? Tell your clan mates to leave the clan before doing so. And so on. Or use a 2nd account.

Same with destruction. Have a friend that places sandstone and destroy it. Funcom makes sandstone not count anymore? Do the same with T3, takes a little bit more resources or search for an already raided base and destroy the pieces with low HP.

You would need a different environment for that to work. Like only 2 clans allowed and no solo/clanless players. But even then, KD is a pointless metric, because getting last hits on an enemy does not mean that you are good.

And since I know Funcom they would never think about that like I just did.

That could be addressed by greater than X% health damaged. Also its not like they couldnt address the things you say. My point is, being good at pvp has to measure the p vs the p to mean much.

One shot thralls are worse than lances can we jusy be happy they got rid of porking lol

Wait until they figure out that the Goblinoid helmet works on thralls as well…

bruh

I think you’re missing the point because if you are on a horse and run into someone in this build you will not be rolling away you will simply die. Everyone’s so quick to say they could counter it because it hadn’t happened to you. Nerf the lance it does way to much damage. Simple

I believe they should implement a trap like caltrops or spikes that can be thrown anywhere in the world to counter horse riders. They would either slow down a rider or dismount them if they are low on stamina. This would counter them but keep it balanced if you are not prepared while exploring. I also believe that blocking or utilizing a polearm type of weapon should either do a lot of damage or dismount a rider. As long as you are on the side of the horse not infront of it to get trampled.

It has happen to me. I just get back into the fight and complain to the team on why they charge in a open field. Katana works fyi

I really think a lance needs a downside, maybe not even a nerf but the lance does charge energy basically, how charged your lance is multiplies your damage right ?

So what would we consider this charge to be and the lances force? momentum, so lets say and real life examples are terrible because game balance but still, you throw your momentum charging forward and someone stands firm and sticks a pike into you, all your energy is transfered into the pike not your lance.

so this would be my kind of idea for a lance revamp, an all or nothing power transfer, if you get hit while lance charging the multiplier is applied back to you on the hit and your lance strike is interrupted.