PC Hotfix (05.09.2019) - Crashes, buffs and other fixes

the hotfix gave me a crash… (didn’t have one before)
I did verify before playing Sept 3rd update and not before this hotfix… but hotfix never did this before.
(only DLCs with main content)

works after deleting all files in the save folder, minus game file… and verifying it.

• the fatal error has something about “…files may have been tempered with” - scary words -but the same as it is each DLC/content update if files are not verified.

no mods - ever
pc - asus i7 laptop
Geforce gtx 960 m

yeah, I don’t understand the change…
Just yesterday I was making hardened steel and then it changes to another ingredient… don’t get it really.
(im single player, so…)

1 Like

Good luck. U’ll probably have to wait a year and a half for that

“Gliding Joints” is called “Glinding Joints” in the Blacksmith’s Bench.

#spellchekker

1 Like

Love the new hardened steel recipe. U need to do something with obsidian. Only thing its useful for is tools.I think im the ONLY one on my server who even bothers to get obsidian.

3 Likes

Yeah, the whole waiting around a furnace out in the open is very non CE to me. I could just start it and leave it, but then it is open to who ever runs by it if i am not around.

1 Like

The Hardened Steel change is nice from my point of view. Brimstone supplies are more limited than Black Ice, and a 1:1 ratio for steel to hardened steel doesn’t hurt either.

New hatfened steel recipe will save so much time and mats. U cut steel bar cooking in half. If u mine it you get more for the iron ore u do get. If u farm it you have less to farm. I am gonna laugh though, imagine how many ppl arent going to be aware of this and be like wtf is going on.

On the flip side this even out how much is needed for flawless recipes

Nice very Nice

So when is this comin to ps4?

13th

More or less, unless Funcom needs to update the CanBePlaced function (again). Which obviously makes me nervous. Dev kit still isn’t out, but just hoping I don’t need to redo this process in another couple of days.

2 Likes

Whatever.

Are you serious?. Brimstone can be found in huge quantities all over the south, at least 3 caves, plus underwater, and the brimstone mine (aka shattered springs), and it is easier to get to its sources with lets say normal equipment. Meanwhile black ice exists exclusively in the icy north, and nowhere else, in decent quantities, I can concede that, but the place is tougher to go to than a crocodile’s or a spider’s cave.

Edit: Forgot to add, playing PC, private server with mods. Caught a named thrall, placed on the wheel of pain (t3 one), with a t2 taskmaster, hit the start button (lobster food) and game crashed. If it’s of any help for the devs trying to fix things. It’s late here, so decided to call it a day and wait for what tomorrow brings.

2 Likes

Interestingly, the only feedback/suggestions Modders seem to be getting from FunCom is to ‘uninstall mods because the core game works fine’? I am sure this cannot be accurate? I think everyone was understandably tired yesterday so hopefully today will see another FunCom update today.

Unless the change to the ParentClass that all placeables link to is updated/reset/fixed/communicated and/or a revised DevKit is released for all Modders, the game is effectively removed from play to all modded servers and their players (well, if players want to build anything or use some craft-stations).

Oh well, so far this is kinda one of the first big patch fails so that’s kinda good odds…

Oh, and till I spot a FunCom update that stops denying Modders and all Modded Servers and their respective players from playing Conan Exiles, I am off to play some other games!

2 Likes

I’m hopeful that a fix is in the works. During the live stream we were told that if we experienced errors then check if we are playing with mods, and if we are then turn those mods off. I understand the core concern is with the base game and the official servers that run the game free from mods, but a large number of players do use mods, and the option to just “turn them off” isn’t really feasible for most of us because that would remove buildings, feats, classes, decor, I mean, it would basically be a server wipe for anyone running mods. Generally Pippi is a safe mod, in touch with the changes and up to date, but even Pippi is crashing games right now. I know for two days I have been unable to really play the game because of this, and I’m hopeful that the team understands their player base well enough to know that mods are, for many of us, integral to the game. The modders will do the work needed to get things working, but they need a functioning devkit and good communication from Funcom to do so. I’m taking a wait and see stance, I’ve played the game since early release and I love it, but I can’t imagine running a server without Pippi, and a lot of the mods add so much more to the game it wouldn’t be the same game without them. Weekend is upon us, I believe the team will give us what we need to continue to play.

1 Like

TLDR version - The Hardened Steel recipe is horrible and breaks the mid-game. This update is another broken, poorly implemented and untested mess that has become the “Gold Standard” of CE updates and I’m sure will render the game unplayable for most people for at least 1-2 days (probably more like 3-5).

Rant Response:
I’ve been playing Conan since Week 1 or so of it’s Early Access on Steam and it still boggles my mind that Funcom STILL can’t manage to throw out an update or add new DLC into the game without breaking the game for DAYS for most people (modded or not).

On top of failing to fulfill promises before release, releasing a half-finished product (for money reasons of course), it makes a fan of the game and Conan world a little nauseous. I feel like they deserve an award for breaking their game more frequently than the internet - it’s not an easy task.

Well will be waiting again for Funcom to unbreak their game, then update the Devkit so that modders can trudge through the new mess, then maybe we can play the game again. I might just uninstall - Path of Exiles has an update coming about 12 hours from now… Even if it’s buggy or delayed I’m sure it’ll be playable before CE is again.

4 Likes

Not sure this is happening to others.
Not related to the hotfix for the latest update, this issue started after the first update this week.

Pc platform, EU region, Private server, Modded server, muliplayer.
Armor platings not applying to armors.
Crafted an epic vanir settler top, crafted a heavy armor plating, put both in inventory, try to apply plating to armor but nothing happens, items just change position in inventory. Tried in the bench, same thing.

This, again, after the first update (the one that came at the same time of dlc release).

Just me?, or anyone else noticing it too?

Ah! I take back all the nasty, frustrated, mean, accurate things I’ve said since yesterday’s patch - FunCom are indeed working hard at resolving this. They are dealing with the DevKit (as that’s the Mod foundation layer) and once tested and released, modders can do their thing. Modded servers shall be back with us as soon as possible.

I shall now take more non-addictive tranquilisers, chug down a jug of coffee and watch some soothing screensavers or something.

Blessings be on FunCom and all who sail on her!

I totally agree with you. Change it back to Brimstone for hardened steel please Funcom.

1 Like