PC Hotfix (05.09.2019) - Crashes, buffs and other fixes

Hey everybody,

We wanted to get this hotfix out as soon as possible to address some of the issues reported after Update 37. We’re still working on additional fixes for fatal error crashes and other problems our community has been sending us feedback about.

Thanks again for your support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

Currently Known Issues

• We’re aware and actively looking into additional crashing issues with inventories and certain crafting stations. We aim to release a fix for this as soon as we can.

notes
performance

• Fixed a crash that would happen randomly when the game was loading item data.

crafting

• The Recipe for Hardened Steel Bars have changed: Now it requires 1x Steel Bar + 1x Black Ice
  • Fixed an issue where Exceptional and Flawless Items could be crafted without having the correct feat unlocked.

balancing

• The Annihilator weapon has been rebalanced and no longer has 100% armor penetration.
  • Thralled NPCs cannot be knocked out anymore.

general

• Fixed several issues regarding the Oil and fittings items.
  • Fixed an issue where the Soothing buff would grant too much health regeneration.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

6 Likes

Ok Ignasis just for the purpose of clarification, 1) exactly how many HP per second will Soothing grant after this update? And 2) will it cut out if the player begins to take damage?

2 Likes

Nice…
It’s more then useless with 33% Armorm Penetration compared with all the oder better Weapons :stuck_out_tongue:

Pssst…
You forgot to destroy the World Braker :wink:

Could we have more clarity on what has been changed with the oils as well as the annihilator? and why?

1 Like

Because you could 1 hit anyone with the annihilator with the new downward swing

Drat! I like(d) Annihilator :slight_smile: - but not my main go-to weapons - and I am definitely not telling which they are… lol

(Great getting this patch out)

1 Like

Server updated.
Client updated.
Tried to place an insulated wood fence foundation.
Crash to desktop.

1 Like

I had a couple of reports like that already too about vanilla base game building pieces causing client crashes when placing them…

so far black ice items, hardened brick ones too ( foundations and fence foundations) …
something seriously broke in the building department :confused:

1 Like

But the update didn’t touch anything in the building system I suppose, well just adding dlc new pieces only. That shouldn’t have been a problem at all. This is wierd and probably going to take some time to solve.

now the new master armor patch work fine? dont it less 1500 durability?

edit i supose that yes… reading again: (and fittings items.)

So, we now fight cimmerians (star metal weapons) with only iron weapons?

2 Likes

based on what i heard from some of the modders there have been made various changes around buildings… i guess those changes are what affect us now… in a not too good way :confused:

1 Like

explain how ?? i’m again really lost by the nerf of annihilator …

Changing the recipe for hardened steel to require black ice is going to make life for people not living in the snow much harder. Black ice is mostly located in hard-to-reach areas and in extremely cold locations and requires said people to have cold armor and/or gear that they never or very rarely use. Also people that live in the southern areas are probably more than the ones in the north that use hardened steel weapons and gear

This decision is not practical, very limiting, and biased. It favors the north over the south. I suggest you remove this requirement or find an alternative solution.

8 Likes

Err… You can get Black Ice in the south, either from Ymir Altars or from the frozen corridors of the Warmakers Sanctuary dungeon.

(the latter being admittendly an end game location)

But:
That you only require one bar of steel now instead of two makes more then up for it imho.

6 Likes

@Ignasi FunCom staff may need to be in hiding from many Modsters… (lol)
Lots of prime-mod fails. Oh well, that’s what alcohol was invented for (ignore that if you are less than 16 years old: alcohol is very, very ,very bad for you…)

Crash to Desktop every time i tried placed vanilla-items :woozy_face:

1 Like

why they decided to change the hardened steel bar crafting from black ice to brim time ago and now change it again to black ice? i want to know

1 Like

@Ignasi Am afraid I got the ‘Fatal Error’ crash when trying to place an Aquilonian foundation. I hear that many core-game pieces (on PC) have been affected? (guessing you’re all fully aware of that) Watching for the next patch.

1 Like