PC Hotfix (05.09.2019) - Crashes, buffs and other fixes

Hey there,

We’re collecting feedback about the fatal error crashes on this thread:

Please come by and share any details you might have on this problem in there.
Thanks and apologies for the frustration.

annihilator nerfed to 33% pen ? why

you can now change the name, naming it annihilator is a joke…

1 Like

So do you never make star metal ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Placing DLC foundations is an immediate CTD.

That should have nothing whatsoever to do with mods.

As soon as the foundation is activated on the hotbar the game throws a fatal error. This is tested with the Aquilonian DLC foundation.

This wasn’t happening last night. This was after your “hotfix” this morning.

1 Like

Hey @BaconOverlord

Welcome to our community.
If you have mods installed, it’s very likely that after the newest hotfix you’ll experience issues. Give the mod authors a few hours to bring their mods up to date with the new version of the game.
If you’re not using any mods at all, please come over this thread in which we’re collecting feedback about the crashes:

1 Like

Also, if you have already ran the godbreaker dungeon by brimstone, you should have the keys to get into the main frost area that goes to the champions area. their is a good amount of black ice in there. If you haven’t it may be time to farm at least those keys, and now you have a black ice run not requiring a trip to the north.

3 Likes

I am getting the fatal crash with vanilla Reinforced Stone and DLC Aquilonian square foundations @Ignasi - these are not modded to my knowledge?

1 Like

Why the change for hardened steel recipes?? Are you out of your minds? Who ever asked for sth? Who had a problem there??
Should lvl50 player go to the freezing north to make hardened steel??

The next thing Annihilator and Sobek in previous patch: Why add items, when just 1 patch later you make them complete trash?? Why even add them to begin with??

4 Likes

i bought the game 5 days ago and usually play this kind of games alone on pvp servers. its tough usually, but those two last patches make me quit conan exiles.

black ice for hardened steel now? who is the genius who had the idea?

i tried a couple times now to get some black ice but never made it back. people are way ahead and it seems i will never catch up.

thx and bye

2 Likes

Tbh it’s a good change. So you’ll have more brimstone for bombs.

1 Like

The fact you got the game 5 days ago, yet you are posting like someone who has grown accustomed to things that existed before you got the game makes total sense.

3 Likes

I did not have fatal errors while logging in after the big update of September 03.

But I DO have now, after the hotfix! :disappointed_relieved:

Verified files, downloaded a new file, tried again, still fatal error while in the loading screen to the server…

I didn’t have any crah after the September 03 update, but after today hotfix game crashes to desktop everytime I try to place any placeble, even DLC ones that are not modded.

This year too the dev vacation time, the period of the year they leave you in peace for 40 days and you can play, is gone. see you next year.

Honestly it isnt that bad. By level 50 you can kill npcs in asagarth and get steel. Take an elephant with you up north and bunch of spicy food,run your way to the temple of frost,skip the frost giants down the entrance and get all the black ice and run back. You will have enough black ice to make at the very least 1k hardened steel bars with just one trip and with 1k Hardened steel bars you could manage until you get to level 60 when running up there won’t be necessary as you most likely will teleport to obelisk up there now.

Thanks @Ignasi .I don’t know how to DM you so dropping details in here.

Thanks for the attention FunCom’s giving to all this.

Following my own advice on testing: Stripped out all mods and testing one by one on Solo.

Initially even placing reinforced stone foundations it was fatally crashing post-patch, and okay before patch today.

1. No mods and Solo and it worked without issue.
  2. Loaded PIPPI and tested. No Fatal Crashes
  3. Loaded Emberlight and no issues.
  4. Went back and started again with PIPPI only and tried placing PIPPI placeables and got a crash. Same on Ember.

I was checking in chat and saw that it has been reported that changes were made pre- Tuesday patch to “the parent class(es) that all placeables link to when you put them in game, so every placeable had to have their child class redone” - with the Hotfix this was undone (possibly in error?) and therefore all Mods broke.

I am not a modder, but this would make sense from a programming point of view when dealing with the need for rapid releases (anyone in IT appreciates this I would think).

So, stating the obvious, I am guessing that once the Parent Class stuff is resolved or confirmed or whatever, and then the Modders update anything they need to update, the modded environment should be back to normal. If the issue is over Official and Unmodded servers then your guess will be better than mine!

I am no going away to sleep on things. Hopefully something will happen overnight to magically make all well with rainbows and unicorns - and great-sword bearing NPCs… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So the hotfix that should have fixed the fatal errors introduced even more?

1 Like

Not necessarily. We always have to separate out Modded from Official or un-modded servers. That’s only fair. What I said is potentially hearsay as I do not have all the facts. This has to be taken into account.

We know that FunCom are working flat out to resolve any issues in the Core game. That is standard and they have many platforms to deal with. For Modded servers, that’s an issue for the Mod-Authors to resolve

The only difference between my server of yesterday and my server of today is the hotfix…

1 Like

Official server (pvp), no mods
After a hotfix in pvp, when dealing damage with any weapon, the armor is ignored. It doesn’t matter which weapon or armor.

@Ignasi

Black Ice to make Hard Steel Bar is not a good idea for people in south of the map. And Ymir need Ice to make Black Ice too and 100 ice to make 1 Black Ice.

Give people the opportunity to do it with Black Ice or Brimstone, but don’t remove the possibility of doing it with Brimstone because it unbalances the game.

Example :

• 1 Steel bar + 1 Black ice make 1 Hardened Steel Bar or
  • 2 Steel bar + 1 Brimstone make 1 Hardened Steel Bar.

I am really not happy with this change. I hope to balance that on next fix.

2 Likes