PC Hotfix (18.11.2019) - Exploit fix

Is this an actual thing? They wiped 1588 entirely, have to create a new character to play.

I’m not even going to explain how stupid that is and I hope that’s a mistake that is going to be fixed.

1 Like

I agree. Completely Rediculous.
Losing all your stuff is bad enough.
Losing you whole char and lvls is just unfair for the already messed up situation.

1 Like

They are scaring off more people than the hacker… Hope they can unroll the rollbacks…

I am one of two (known) victims on 1502.
The rollback predates the hack and has effectively done more harm than good on our server.
It isn’t fair for everyone else to lose that much progress.
Thanks to the help of others, I had managed to mostly recover from the loss.

and if we weren’t told that a rollback was impossible…I wouldn’t have bothered farming my lost stuff back.

3 Likes

While i understand everyone’s frustration here with rollbacks or wipes and the issue with the hackers. Im sure there is a lot more that went into the decision to take the measures that have been taken. Anyone with programming knowledge or network security knowledge knows most of the time code is inserted into multiple files not just a few in order to get the desired affects from the hacker had they not rolled back the servers there is a good chance part of if not all the code the hackers used is still in the files. While im not saying this is the exact case in this situation. And again i understand the frustration of losing days of grinding. Im sure this wasn’t just an off the cusp thing. The dev team has said many times they don’t want to do wipes or even roll backs so this was probably a ppint where they had to that option

3 Likes

Agreed. They should have said that a rollback was impractical, not impossible. And I would have agreed with FC that rolling back every time something happened would be impractical. So I’d just chalk this one up as a slight miscommunication and not take what was said so literally.

But yes, its disappointing to lose stuff no matter what the reason might be (hacker or rollback).

Slight miscommunication is an understatement.

Almost 7 hours and server #1999 still not showing up

server SA 1999 are down

That hacker is on 1590 and that’s after this hotfix doing the same stuff as before.

I can confirm this. He also said that injecting code is possible in pretty much all the functions.

I don’t see why they don’t track this guy down and send the cops there to arrest him. Hacking is a crime if ya can’t get him out of the game by banning him well 20 years in a jail cell would…

2 Likes

hey guys thanks for the hotfix! Unfortunately, we just experienced the hacker attack again at 1313 20 minutes ago. He logged in as Ark Survival Evolved, lost things to him…

Hes on 1600 right now

Hackers back on 1588 #feelsbadman

What is going on… :disappointed_relieved:
Funcom “It’s fixed” Hacker “Hold my Mountain Dew”
Actually fix something or I see this in the future…
Coming Soon -[CONAN EXILES FREE TO PLAY]-

2 Likes

So sad lol

I think it would do officials really well if everything was wiped with the big patch in December. 1590 was accidentally wiped today and the pop was full. That should be taken into consideration.

2 Likes

I take back my previous statement.

This the day Funcom died…

I still can’t get into 1999… Can we get some response? We know you guys don’t care about us, but at least tell me If we should move to another server or something.