PC Update (13.03.2019) Optimize those buildings and Contest!

Hello PC Exiles,

We’re very happy to bring you the highly anticipated building optimization update today!

To celebrate, we are also starting our very first official Conan Exiles Building contest! Check out the details, and the fun prizes you can win, right here.

This patch also includes a few general fixes while we still keep working on exploit fixes and all other aspects of the game.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed. If you run into issues, remember to mention in your bug report that you do have mods installed.

highlights

Building Optimizations

• We have been working on improving the loading times and general optimizations for buildings. Conan Exiles doesn’t have any limits for how big you can build and we want you to put these changes through their paces. Please note that this is for structural buildings only, and not placeables such as torches, campfires, crafting stations and doors.

Loading in buildings has gone from this:

Click here

To this:

Click here

• The new Building Optimizations are now available!
  • It is no longer possible to acquire Fragments of Power by dismantling the Blunted Javelin in the Dismantling bench
  • No more zooming Gazelles. Their run speed has been lowered - this should help with both catching up to them and their tendency to desynch
  • Both Stacked and Unstacked Armor Patch Kits now work again
  • Fixed an issue where dice rolling was only working in multiplayer. All your dices are now fixed :eyes:
  • Fixed an issue where the game would freeze after you press ESC while having your GUI hidden

Currently Known Issues

• In certain rare cases you might encounter a building that hasn’t rendered in properly and might be invisible. If this happens, reconnecting should resolve the issue
  • When placing building pieces quickly or from weird angles you might not be able to connect new building pieces to a freshly placed building piece. Modifying the building around it (placing down additional building pieces replacing what you most recently put down) should make things work properly again.

We will hotfix these issues in the future, but we wanted to roll out the building optimizations

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the "For prioritization" column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called "Conan Exiles - Testlive Client" in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

Thank you for your ongoing support, feedback and willingness to work together with us to make Conan Exiles the best it can be.
Thank you for being part of our community!

21 Likes

omg! Thank you so, so much!

Someone over at the Oslo office give Scooper a bear hug for me!

8 Likes

Woohoo! Nice work!

pushes Fia to the side No, someone over at the Oslo office give Scooper a bear hug and a KISS for me!

7 Likes

I volunteer :wink:

5 Likes

I was going to add the kiss but we might turn him into a prince…oh! Quick someone kiss him!

5 Likes

Would love to be a fly on the wall. :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome work! :hugs: for the Scoops :heart:

11 Likes

Thats incredible - WoW -instant loading - really great Work - love it :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Positive reports coming from my server community, many thanks for the update.

5 Likes

This is a great Job. It change the life. Many thanks )

3 Likes

Really happy to hear the optimization is working well so far. Also welcome to the community @Sable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question: Any knowledge why raid damage isnt possible during raid time?
(Private modded, EU)

Edit:
Seems it was related to any setting. Settings for players might have shown something different than the actual settings of that server. Everything fine now!

1 Like

It could be a mode issue. The DevKit has not been released yet but we are working on it.
Unless we’ll get reports from official or non modded servers as well.

2 Likes

Yes! Love the optimization! All our buildings popped in so fast! Our large community market rendered in whole instead of popping in a few pieces at a time. It was awesome!

4 Likes

Oh for sure, we are planning on more building contests in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, nobody tell Sven about the building contest. That guy will win hands down!

4 Likes

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I have an arguably dumb question about the contest: is the use of admin panel allowed? In other words, do we have to just be creative with builds or do we also have to grind for the mats?

1 Like

only thing they said was no mods.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to be here. Logged over 2k hours in-game but never managed to join the forums apparently. I rectified this today :slight_smile:

5 Likes