PC Patch (02.05.2019) - Bug fixes and optimizations

Hey everybody,

We’ve prepared a new patch that includes exploit and bug fixes and the deployment of the tech optimizations previously on Testlive that will help with server performance.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Deployed tech optimizations on live servers.

exploits

• Fixed an exploit regarding input spam.

building

• Turanian Standing Lamp is no longer floating slightly above ground.
  • Turanian Door no longer leaves a ghost door for a short while after dismantling it.

crafting

• Arrows can no longer be dismantled. Again. Bad bad arrows.

ai

• Fixed an issue where Archer’s attack range were significantly greater than their aggro range.

purges

• Fixed an issue where the only one type of purge would trigger in any given location.

general

• Fixed an issue where expiration timers would desynch with the server.
  • CraftingCostMultiplier now works correctly.

ui

• Nudity options are now saved while changing from non nudity to partial and full nudity via Settings menu.
  • “No owner” information is no longer displayed in Inventory previews
  • Fixed an issue where Items could appear twice in the crafting queue despite not having enough resources. This was a visual error only and did not impact the actual crafting queue.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

9 Likes

Edit: Or is it? Doesn’t seem to be working in testing: Follow-up post

Rejoice.

For a simple bug dating back to the start of 2017 is finally fixed.

I guess I’m glad I took a year break from the game.

Welcome back :slight_smile:

Finally i can stop farming branch :heart:

2 Likes

Hallo!

Somehow i miss the “Hunger System removed” Part in the Patchnotes. And im quite sure, you still cannot close empty Corpses by Pressing"e"…

2 Likes

So the major server crash that i reported to Scooper with video tutorial and logs is still a thing? xD
Takes 50 building parts placed correctly to crash any ConanExiles Server still…

Er, well, it turns out the CraftingCostMultiplier option still isn’t working, unless it’s named something else.

It’s not there in the config menu:

And setting it in my ServerSettings.ini file doesn’t result in any of the recipes changing their cost (unless it only works above 1.0).

scratches head

Was it actually pushed in this build or is something wonky on my end?

Arrows fixed ? Oh… There was making like 50k of steel :frowning:

do share.

Im not publicily telling people how to crash servers, I have spoken privately with Developer Scooper and he is sorting out this issue, There is a private video on my discord and channel regarding the step by step process to crash any server as soon as u dismantle the glitched fences.

2 Likes

Our team is aware of that one and working on a fix. It didn’t make it into this patch due to time constraints.

1 Like

Yeah, this. Thralls and pets don’t need food anymore? Also, when I placed some food in a thrall’s inventory, it instantly vanished.

It was one of the biggest changes of the March patch:

Thanks, I didn’t read the March patch notes. Must have been hit later with that patch, since I was feeding my thralls 4 hours ago… 2 months lag? :smile:

That’s an understatement. It makes a dramatic difference, especially with lots of big builds, creatures, tames, placeables and thralls. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Although thrall feeding was disabled in March, some remnants of that code remained in the game. They’re being slowly removed from the game as they are obsolete and lead to understandable confusion.

the dismantle bench designed to have a chance to return items now or is it busted? i put 5 pieces of lemurian epic in it and got nothing back, i put in 2 stone mauls and got 8 stone from one and nothing from the other

So, just to make it clear: Thrall Hunger System is on hold/removed, but my Thralls are still getting hungry and while Food is now simply disappearing, when I give it to a thrall (no matter if I want to feed them or just carry it for me), Thralls and Event log tells me they are hungry and the bar stays in the red???

I am confused

Hey @Gwen

Welcome to our community.
That is indeed the case. When their hunger falls to 0 they won’t take any damage. They still take food, but it’s just to give them a combat buff. Any other effects (event log notifications, hunger sounds and so on) are just leftovers from the old system and will be removed from the game in future patches.

2 Likes

Since this patch it appears thralls no longer eat.
Also the blood on the UI is still there. This bug has been around since the beginning of the game.

1 Like