PC Update 2.5 Discussion Megathread

Oke first things after this bugfixes like new or missed bugs

1. thralls wanders out of guard zone
  2. server transfer kills character and freeze them in warmaker dungeon ( atleast me ) until body decays
  3. grass still disappear on siptah mini islands
  4. tranfering from siptah – exile, cause instantkill
  5. After exiting siptah official server - fatal error

So far only 5 things found :slight_smile: i like storm tho its fixeed ^^

Like I said before “of course there will be few individuals but you can count them on fingers of your hands” and that does not mean it’s good and will not trivialise pvp gameplay - it still be ghost town there, most people will rather farm on dead servers - where’s random encounters, fight for spots, resources like in pvp game? There won’t be any on this ‘farm’ servers.

Dragon Powder?? nahhhh, transfer the Avatar ready to invoke

2 Likes

Added new change to the patchnotes changelog.

2 Likes

hello, you did not specify in which ini file to write the transfer settings, this is one, two - if you write the transfer setting in the ServerSettings.ini file, then the first two settings: ServerTransferEnabled = 1
and
CanImportDirectlyFromSameServer = 1
are not saved and disappear from the file, as if they were not registered, and the ServerTransferServersWhitelist = (“127.0.0.1:7777”) setting does not see my servers (which are registered in the whitelist) and gives the error “this character is not on the server from the whitelist”

And most importantly, the rollback time of the download in the transfer is 24 hours, you are serious, i.e. I can test your settings every 24 hours, or I can own 10 accounts … m … a new way to convince people to buy the game!

Yep, but what I was trying to clarify is that it won’t allow you to ignore the rule about transferring while overencumbered.

Excellent point. Transfer between EL and IOS does seem to turn IOS into a more of a pay-to-win DLC.

One small nitpick here: I don’t know if you’ve actually played on official PVE-C servers, but I have, a lot, and I assure you they won’t be “destroyed” by this at all. For whatever reason, most people on PVE-C servers don’t like unrestricted combat and will whine and complain about it on chat if you attack them without provocation. Most of the “conflict” on official PVE-C servers comes from people either sparring under a battle standard, or trolls who deliberately target newbies or harass people who are just trying to build inside their base or stuff like that. :man_shrugging:

Yes, like I said, both of you already stated that the transfer should not include inventory, which would solve the PVP transfer problem. That other post had nothing to do with the inventory.

3 Likes

This may be why they kept the random drops for recipes and Sigils are lost if you die. So it’s not auto-win all the time.

I know Pippi and Age of Calamitous were updated so that 2nd server should be running now.
Not ure on DMT and Hosav having issues or not, since I haven’t started testing which mods are broken yet. I have 47 mods on my servers (3) and was waiting for some of the smoke to settle (mods being updated = 1/3 were updated so far).

Hopefully both of your servers are up and working today.

Releasing an update where u keep bow the same with hyperarmor and charging while rolling + 3 shotting people. And making other stuff worse is for me so wierd, why? How can u guys even come up with something like that?

Take the spear for an example, between 2nd-3rd strike is way slower than before, and also between 3rd and 4th? I mean it was hard even before to make an full combo on someone, and now it’s completely impossible especially when u dont have any of that hyper armor.

And the healing is also a thing. In my eyes, having animation on heal (wich is ok) but also having it not go through damage is for me just wanna make the game more and more making the game look like cat and rat game. If u try heal u dead, even if u manage to pott successfully, u dead since u will stop healing when the enemy catching up on you since u have the animation. Either no animation heal (wich I know u dont want) with heal cancel, or animation heal with healing through damage. Otherwise it will just be end up in a cat and rat game.

Exactly, you don’t have to farm spare for all sigil, just one. This server transfer thing should have more restrictions on pvp servers as now it favors those who play on dead servers and transfer to EL.

3 Likes

If server transfer benefits were a cake

5 Likes

I understood your point and agreed with it :slight_smile:

All I was saying is that it won’t really make a difference on official PVE-C servers, because nobody really uses them the way they were originally designed to be used. :man_shrugging:

But, like I said, I agree with your point about Siptah providing unfair competitive advantage. That’s why I created a topic where I would like to invite you and everyone else who might be interested in discussing how Exiled Lands could be brought up to par with Siptah without just copying Siptah to EL:

This isn’t quite true. If you are in a clan and someone in your clan has the DLC, your clan has a potential benefit. But not everyone in your clan has to have it and with limitations in transferring servers, there are hurdles. It’s not an auto-win for people with DLCs and also not auto-lose for people that don’t have it.

1 Like

So did a playthings on unmodded private.

Notice a pause ammeter rolling when being attacked by the werewolves. Like .5 seconds. Almost like game was tethering me to the attack animation. Don’t knownif its intended or not. will have to test further.

hello, you did not specify in which ini file to write the transfer settings, this is one, two - if you write the transfer setting in the ServerSettings.ini file, then the first two settings: ServerTransferEnabled = 1
and
CanImportDirectlyFromSameServer = 1
are not saved and disappear from the file, as if they were not registered, and the ServerTransferServersWhitelist = (“127.0.0.1:7777”) setting does not see my servers (which are registered in the whitelist) and gives the error “this character is not on the server from the whitelist”

Did anyone noticed A LOT stagger drop when hitting enemy thralls?
It was never perfect but since update i can’t place almost any combo on thralls, they attack me as soon as i hit them second time. That’s not how you raise difficulty of game - by nerfing stagger, that’s almost unplayable now…

1 Like

For Private Server owners; it looks like

ServerTransferEnabled

is set to True by default. This was not intended, but is currently out there.

If that’s not what you want, then we recommend server admins go to their server configs and set that variable to False and restart your servers. Some of you probably noticed by now, but we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this caused.

4 Likes

Im always up to balance game more, make it more difficult but this is NOT HOW ITS DONE!
It’s almost impossible to cheese 1 vs 1 thrall as you won’t stagger them, they will hit back as you starting let’s say 3rd hit, once you started you can’t animation cancel, only one option is to roll but are you gonna fight him for 5 minutes? (basic, weak thrall…)
That was LAZIEST attempt to make something more difficult.

Any word on when 2.5 will come to folks playing via Gamepass/Microsoft store on PC?

The private server I play on has been updated and now I am locked out :slightly_frowning_face: I tried checking for updates manually in the MS Store but nothing.