People are quitting Conan

First, I’m not happy you’re being piled on. Especially when you’re clearly defending the game and its fairly sizeable playerbase. If we focus simply on the PC, we can easily see where Conan Exiles stands. Looking at Steam Charts, CE is at a respectable #52. Nine slots below it is Dark Souls 3, a game that debuted in 2016 and has reportedly sold more than 3 million copies. That’s twice the number of CE, roughly. *

In Marketing, 1/2 of 1 percent is a value we respect when it comes to disinterested customers who ultimately become long-term purchasers. Dark Souls 3 satisfies that figure. Conan Exiles, on the other hand, doubles that number, with 1% of the full customer-base playing at significant and regular peak moments.

* steamcharts.com runs up-to-the-minute polling of players. YRMV

4 Likes

He is being piled on cos he keeps insulting the people who disagree with him and then he pulls this argument which is ridiculous at best no matter what he is trying to prove with it.

I am a good example of what the OP is describing: I signed up on these forums just because I was so unhappy with the movement changes of the last patch. No other change in the history of this game has forced me to become so vocal about my complaints. I can therefore certainly imagine that other players might have just given up or stopped playing the game for the same reasons.

2 Likes

And I’ve been for so long on this forums asking for those changes…

I’m not happy he’s being piled on, but for drastically different reasons.

And that’s awesome when someone does it in good faith and respectfully, instead of with bad arguments and for the purpose of feeling superior. Even if I limit myself to this thread only without accounting for everything else I’ve seen him posting over the time on other, unrelated topics, I can’t say that he’s acting in good faith.

And that is how one presents an argument – civil, reasonable and backed with relevant data.

The difference between this and “compare 200 malcontents with 1.4 million copies sold” is the reason he’s being “piled on”.

1 Like

Did Dark Souls 3 just release a major DLC or update? It’s an odd choice for comparison, really. Overall sales aren’t really a great metric when looking at the reaction to specific changes from a specific game update. The number of people playing over the next few weeks will start to tell the story, but even that is a more complicated metric that includes more components than an assessment of “do people like the new movement?”

Forum polls are more targeted. They are a non-random sample, but that does not make them useless, or even non-representative. The “dislike” option on the polls we have access to only captures those players who dislike the changes but are still engaged enough with the game to want to voice their opinion. Just as there are plenty of people who like the changes and are not visiting the forums, their are plenty of players who dislike the changes and have not bothered with the forums, either.

From the sample of the data we have available, the changes are overwhelmingly disliked. Whether that dislike rises to a level that impacts DLC sales or concurrent users is probably what will ultimately determine how Funcom reacts. To really understand that, though, we would need to know what their expectations were for sales and play time with this DLC. Updates like this always boost sales and player counts in the short term, whether that boost met and continues to meet their projections over the next few weeks will really determine how the polls we have will be interpreted.

60% dislike from a forum for the community is never really a good sign, though.

1 Like

I don’t know if you should compare a Single-player oriented game as Dark Souls 3 with a Multiplayer oriented game as Conan Exiles. It is like that famous press report, talking badly about games and compared Skyrim with a MMO in number of players and things like that…you are normal user but if a “professional” press site say things like that…well, let’s say that it doesn’t show the “pro” part but your bias.

I don’t know why are all of you still with this thread, it is a nonsense to continue with this, like it is a nonsense some “data” I saw here.

Based on regular and frequent posted comparisons of the PvE aspects of Conan Exiles to all of the Dark Souls content, I thought it best to stick with what I know rather than randomly selecting any of the other notable titles that are losing to Conan. Further, the 1.5 million figure vice the 3 million figure is a ready-made comparitor with ease of use and simple math. At its core, after all, CE is indeed a single-player game.

I get that, it’s just that this community is ordinarily above that sort of behaviour. It’s messy. :face_with_monocle:

You were asking for your character movement to become slow and unresponsive?
Or were you asking for the roll to happen in slow motion compared to the rest of the movement set?

If you have to make up things, at least have them make sense. You were probably asking for PvP balance, which can be done in lots of ways without ruining the movement system of the game.

The only thing similar here is the dodge…well since Dark Souls some people say they do a “Dark Souls” when rolling and evading attacks

I think it isn’t, it is more like Rust or Ark, but, of course, you can play and enjoy Conan Exiles alone (like I do).

1 Like

I agree, i have stop playing since one week too because of movements and roll changes. I can not understand how a gaming company can voluntary slow down his game like this.

And the treb, one hour to caft, and 250 stones for one boulder!!! What is the point of loosing so much time?

It fell like a bad dream, a nightmare but … it is real. It is crazy :frowning:

May Crom help us and give us our conan back.

1 Like

This also proves the point that complaints are the main reason people post here. I am assuming you were playing and liking (mostly) what the game had to offer before the latest patch. Yet you never created an account here to say that. Not judging, but pointing out that is why the forum and any polls have to be looked at with an eye of understanding who the posters are. The forums should not be an end all be all that it gives the true pulse of the gamers playing the game.

1 Like

Your not taking into account that there are people who are getting around the patch on private servers with mods. Game play dose not mean people are happy with the changes just making do with what they can

1 Like

You can say that about any mod. It i a work a around to what is not in the game taste wise. I am sure there will be a mod that tweaks this as well.

Grow as a gamer, and adjust to the new system. I did. I don;t like every single thing about it, but I adapted…errr…survived. In a survival game.

5 Likes

Well that is all I have to do is grow as a gamer really omg that is like the most silly answer I have heard today as growing as a gamer does not fix BUGS or have you not noticed its the bugs , bugs, bugs that are making it so people cant get online, cant play on xbox and ps4 on servers, can not update bases, refresh decay timers, test out the dlc they paid good money for none of that not one thing has to do with how good a gamer they are. So wow did not know bugs and server problems were fixed by growing as a gamer. Geeze really!!

2 Likes

So you never liked Conan?
That is how that reads. Then i would ask why were you even playing?

And my favorite, another “i won’t buy from them” post Just love those. Most mature thing a consumer can say.

You arn’t stating the obvious. You are just going to the simplest and easy to reach answer to solve your own lack of understanding, despite multitudes of well articulated posts that speak to the otherwise.

All you have done since is solidified your arrogant and short sighted understanding for the rest of the forum to witness, and so far, with each passing post, just added to that reflection of yourself.

BTW, none of us really care so its not really someone to argue about, but being hypocritical and oblivious of your arrogant statements really makes it hard to respond to you with any other kind of post then like this one.

3 Likes

Funcom may have found a fix…New PS 4 controlling coming. Remap old dodge to the new button accessory created just for Conan Exiles.
easy

1 Like

rg