People are quitting Conan

My server 3086, before the last patch, it was always full and very hard to join inside.
After patch all big clans left the server (game) because our server was beautiful pvp server .
Now it’s impossible play in PvP. All people that love this change maybe are Pve or Offline players . Nothing against you, but if you like this new changes ( surely more realistic) you never played in PvP.
Now all players are in archer build, bloc and 3/4 arrows and you die , no care what armor you dress… you ‘ll die.
The 100% penetration glitch , with archer build too
I think that this patch ruined my favorite game , I spent a lot of times on Conan and logged every single day.
Now server are emptying , and this game it’s almost broke.
I hope you will fix ( not asking to give back the old movements - still thinking that it is the best thing for don’t lose all pvp players that are the food of this game ) and make again funny this game.
This is my feedback .
More conan and less Red Dead redemption.
Ty Funcom

8 Likes

This is weird because having read most of the threads about the new roll and movement momentum it’s the pvp crowd that are most vocal in support of the new changes.

8 Likes

They are pve players . Impossibile love this update. If you tried it, you now can see all players in archer set with penetration glitch.
And you think that all people are happy to be archer now?

1 Like

Roll back the patch and give us our game back.

Then patch again in fews days with only mounts and thralls, no movements/roll changes.

Actually playing GTA V waiting.

7 Likes

Actually you will find that PvE players are the most vocal about this patch being bad.

10 Likes

The truth is that 60% of the pvp-ers and pve-ers who came to vote dislike the movement changes and the roll. Around 20% want adjustments and only about 20% are happy with the state of the game right now.

4 Likes

I don’t care . You have to look Pvp server before patch and after patch .
And you will have the answer.
I love this game and I like all the work funcom do for his fans .
But with this patch they wrong all totally.
Now thrall can oneshot you without L2 hit. You can t avoid archer that shot blocking you.
You can say : “ why you don’t use the shield”?
Because if you have2 players shooting you the shield is useless :slightly_smiling_face:
This game has still 1/2 weeks . After this period , all offline players and pvers will remain.
I spent every days after come back to work ,for have amazing funny pvp, war with other clans .
All this is over

You can be a PVP player without fighting others players (like me!). Then offline raid yours enemys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Offline raiding is allowed by the game, so :slight_smile:

Another thing on PVP servers 99% of the time your are playing PVE (exploring, farming, building). Fighting and raiding is a very little part of the game. And many peoples you meet are friendly.

This is why I do not agree with the movements changes like most peoples, it is not RUST.

PvE players are against this patch because npc are no longer face roll easy. You actually need a bit of skill to play PvE now.

To reply to OP, people/clans move servers all the time. I have level 60 characters on 8 different official pvp servers and periodically move servers. Furthermore, game population is up since the patch.

7 Likes

Game pop always goes up after every big patch and new dlc drop. You’ll have to wait a week or so to determine the real fallout/gain from the update.

1 Like

I play on XBOX 2996 PvP and the population has increased dramatically after the last update; I haven’t seen the arc PvP yet to give an opinion.

But there was a player on Saturday who bowed me and I defended with the shield.

99.9% of the people playing this game like the patch and dont even bother to come to the forums. The poll you refer to is pointless and useless. You think FunCom is going to revert the patch because a couple hundred malcontents dont like the change while thousands of other customers are contently playing the game?

10 Likes

source :slight_smile: did you ask them personally? No need to answer, the question is rhetorical :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Look at the steam population, last night at 6pm pst there was 14k people playing and it is safe to assume another 20k to 40k who play but were not logged. You think the steam number is everyone who plays? EU and Asia were mostly at work or asleep and not playing.

A couple hundred malcontents on the forums is not going to get the results you are hoping for.

4 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t say completely useless. But I do think the timing was off. The poll should have come a bit later IMO because right now I would bet you that at least half the dislike votes are from people who never even gave it a chance and/or are resistant to change in general. There’s always a surge of people after every patch in any game pulling out all the drama they can muster to proclaim that this is the patch that ruined the game. “This is the patch that destroyed [insert complaint] for all time and billions of people are leaving for good because of it! Change it back before it’s too late!”

Although most of the time the complaint is that the patch nerfed the OP meta skill or fixed a popular exploit or something, so there’s no need for a poll because there’s raw data proving to any rational person that it needed to happen. Something like shifting to momentum based movement is a little different, so a poll can be a handy way to get a general sense of how people feel about it. As long as you take the drama queens into account anyway.

3 Likes

A nation without dregs and malcontents is orderly, peaceful and pleasant, but perhaps without the seed of things to come.

Eric Hoffer

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for lumping every PVE player complaining about some aspect of the patch into the same group and then using that to belittle them! That’s certain to provide valuable insight to this discussion :wink:

10 Likes

Agreed! I am a proud PVE’r, and while I do not personally like the movement changes, it has nothing to do with “face roll” (whatever that is!), or having skill. I simply don’t like the new feel when I am trying to do certain things. Never been a big fan of PVP, but I certainly do not begrudge those who enjoy it. As far as I am concerned, play your game your way. But there is no need to trash others while doing so…

8 Likes

Just in case you really don’t know, “face roll” is basically short for “this content is so easy I can win by rolling my face on the keyboard”.