People do PvP on horses with spear and thralls/pets only

Becasue there is no real counter to that combo, which is annoying. (All except bringing more players)

Even at narrow spaces, where a mount cant maneuver, the spammed attacks can be soaked by the mount itself instead of letting the opponent take the player down. Players wish for using tactics and counter combos. But it doesnt exist yet.

Pvpers being not fair… Pvpers are not evil people at all. The opposite they re straightforward and you know what they have at mind. They just play a player to player combat game; instead of building forever and killing poorweak Npcs forever. You can join a clan there and have fun times.

At many games I played, I have seen alot more toxic ‘gamers’ who pretend to be PvErs (but actual trolls) who grief in game or at the game forums. They simply try to bash/flag other peoples suggestions or ideas only because they dont enjoy the idea.

As a note I am a free roaming player who plays pve, pvp and roleplay at games.

1 Like

I’m very sorry but what the actual f*ck is this statement?
If there is somebody who knows the meaning of a fair fight, it is a pvp player. What pve fight would be fair? Player vs NPC? Player vs miniboss? Player vs boss?
None of those.

Because there actually are people who enjoy skillful combat. Horses kind of make that not exist. They pissed me off so much that I got one myself and in my first fight I killed 6 enemies who were on ground. Without having any clanmates with me. Now imagine a skilled horse player.

Actually it does. Even the title of the thread states that it is a discussion about PvP so a PvE player might not have much that they could contribute.

Yes, he’s complaining about the first one winning. Fully understandable. It is a game where you can choose different armors and weapons that do more or less damage then others. A game where you can heal and interrupt your opponents heals. All that doesn’t make any difference if the one who hits first wins.

4 Likes

I am watching pvp streams even though I am a PvEr and from my observation people are having a lot more fun on the servers where horses are banned. When those are removed, people actually seem to enjoy the new healing system as well.

5 Likes

Sadly yes.

The point is I love mounts and pets more than thralls but also aware of the power of the mounts cats is limiting newer players who settle at the servers.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Funny, i don’t remember this being a Counter strike sniper duel game.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah you just confirmed you’re not reading my posts at all. You did take time to flag them all though, which is great. Every single debate I have with a singleplayer/pve’er on these forums goes the same way, I go through the trouble of making solid arguments, the response is “no ur bad ;))” and then all my posts get flagged. People who don’t have any idea what they’re talking about and don’t even put the effort in to read my posts flag them immediately just for disagreeing.

Old system: Tons of viable loadouts, weapon combinations, ability considerations, timings, thrall combos, fights lasted long enough for a whole host of decisions and mistakes to be made, players with high skill could best multiple targets

New system: I hit you you die gg noob

Anyone who lies and says the new system is more skillful is just wrong, it’s just a fact. It’s okay if you prefer it, like aleetoo, but you prefering it doesn’t make it a skillful system. Brainless one shot mechanics aren’t fun for anyone except the person doing the one shotting, and the total power gap in how horseback pvp plays only seems to engender the worst kind of pvp out there, which is just mindless ganking… not actual combat.

There’s a reason why servers are out there banning horses right now, they’re poison, same with cats. It’s not even just a few, it’s a lot. And if you’re not going to even consider what I have to say, don’t respond to my posts.

6 Likes

3 Likes

People like this “no effort, high reward” kind of thing. Why put much effort into killing another player if you can 2 shot them with horse and cat pet?

Also the suggestion that came up multiple times from PvE players: “Let thralls farm for us”.

There are other games out there for these kind of “gamers”, e.g. “Tap Titans”.

2 Likes

I am just naming a few servers where horses/pets were not allowed.
(You might have to CTRL + Scroll into the pictures to read)

2 Likes

@SirDaveWolf Indeed and these are some of the top EU PvP servers atm.

2 Likes

1 Like

Lance poke’n roll poke’n roll poke’n roll. Okay, a lot of skill.

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

… maybe a solution for those who dislike horses… (or dislike cats? dislike horse-and -cats combos? dislike thralls? dislike horse and pike combo??).

best regards.

You can’t stand a chance mate…
Only if you have a lance, a horse and a cat too.
That way it’ss going to be all about luck.
Who hits first becoz of lag or whatever, which cat aggros first and the like.

Just one question… Do you play on official servers? Because when you Said “chop my head” Age of calamitous and eewa came to mind.
They are good mods with it’s own pvp balance, but it’s an entire different gameplay.

Btw i’m gonna make a challenge to you. The same one i did to others who claim neither horses or cats are imbalanced.
I’m gonna teach my gf who never played CE before on how to fight with a horse and cat for 20 min or less.
You n her gets the same equipments. You fight on ground and she is going on horseback. I ll film everything and post on YouTube. What do you think?